• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kliq

Steve Yzerman to step down as GM for TBL. Will serve in "Advisory Role".

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

> Miss Yzerman
> Need Tampa to lose
> Tampa loses extra fast

Thanks Tampa!

55-552238_9168049-apu-pepe-thumbs-up-cli

The Stevie Y watch begins

Yzerman is still under contract with the Lightning until July 1st isn't he? Which would mean, regardless how things played out in this series / playoffs, the earliest anything could "officially" be announced is after July 1st...

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yzerman is still under contract with the Lightning until July 1st isn't he? Which would mean, regardless how things played out in this series / playoffs, the earliest anything could "officially" be announced is after July 1st...

Is that when all staff contracts end too? I'm always confused by this, I guess Tampa could be nice and release him sooner

Red Wings twitter when Yzerman isn't announced as GM:

"We don’t have any words and we know you don’t want to hear them. We understand your anger, your frustration, your sadness. Everything you’re feeling – we get it. This isn’t the ending we imagined, and certainly not the one we wanted. Thank you for being there the entire way."

Mike Commodore's Twitter:

"Stevie Y #PackYours***"

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He's no Ken Holland

"Ken Holland built the team that made the playoffs for a quarter century, dominated for 15-20 years, and won 3 Cups. He led them through a rebuild on the fly in the mid 2000's to another Cup, nearly two. Then the team slowly declined to mediocrity, but that's not on Ken Holland. That's the league these days. That's the salary cap. Has he signed some players to bad deals, of course he has, but he's got that winning drive and is in a league of his own among current GMs. Give him another couple of years, and he'll have the team ending the season with a winning record and a playoff berth." - Same random analyst dude.

32 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I really hope he has been sitting in on Lightning scout meetings all year and is now about to defect to us right before the draft, but GD that sounds like a dream scenario only.

That wouldn't really help us much though when you think about it. Maybe we could steal whoever they were high on in the 3rd round or later, but the first two rounds won't matter much. We're picking 6th overall. Chances are, the Lightning haven't been heavily scouting top 10 picks, and even if they were, have enough trust in your own scouting staff that they can competently make the 6th overall pick. Whoever the Lightning staff were high on in the middle / late 1st, they will have picked their guy with their pick anyway, so it's not like we would be able to steal one of their guys with one of our three 2nd round picks (unless we trade up). They don't have a 2nd round pick, so that's irrelevant as well. And beyond that, it's all a crap shoot anyway.

Regardless, I think Yzerman will be back in the Red Wings organization in some capacity very soon, and do think it'll happen before mid June...

Bob McKenzie said on Twitter: tampa scouts are joking that the lightning must want to move up in the draft bc yzerman is spending alot of time scouting cozens dach and krebs. 

Hmmmmmm

Guy who works for Olympia is also reporting that theyre currently setting up the stadium for a press conference

*hmming intensifies*

I figure he's coming back. He only left in the first place because Holland wouldn't take a promotion. Now he's got some experience at the GM role from Tampa, did very well at it...this may have worked out perfectly. Some divine plan.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Bob McKenzie said on Twitter: tampa scouts are joking that the lightning must want to move up in the draft bc yzerman is spending alot of time scouting cozens dach and krebs. 

Hmmmmmm

Guy who works for Olympia is also reporting that theyre currently setting up the stadium for a press conference

*hmming intensifies*

I read somewhere -- can't remember where -- that Yzerman's been scouting Byram as well. It's probably just him being thorough so that he's prepared for anything. (Wouldn't surprise me to see the Bolts trade into the top 10.)

31 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I read somewhere -- can't remember where -- that Yzerman's been scouting Byram as well. It's probably just him being thorough so that he's prepared for anything. (Wouldn't surprise me to see the Bolts trade into the top 10.)

Get outta here with that s***... Yzerman is scouting players in the top 10 for the Detroit Red Wings... You know it, I know it, everyone knows it...