• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jersey Wing

Henrik Zetterberg has Retired

Rate this topic

So much respect for this guy. One of my favorite Red Wings and one of the GOATs. 

Now if all you hack journalists could revisit your preseason team overviews: the Wings are no longer "in cap hell"  and have gotten significantly younger.  

30 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Sad to see him go but he needs to take of himself now with a 3 year old running around.

The good news is that his back is fine for everyday life, but when he pushes himself to train, it flares up.  He should be able to lead a normal life, which is the most important thing.  Thanks for the great memories Z!

Expected at this point, but still sad to hear it's official. I was really hoping he'd lace them up for one more season to hit the 1000 point plateau. Oh well, he'll still go down as one of the all time Red Wings greats regardless. 5th all time in goals, assists and points. Absolute warrior. You will be missed Henrik.

Thanks for everything Z!!  You gave us everything you had, all the time.  So grateful.  So many great memories you have given us all.  Your PK shift in the 3rd period in game 4 of the 2008 SCF, against the Pens, 5 on 3, will always be the "bar" for what TOTAL SELFLESS EFFORT represents.  Thanks again

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

I told you.

The way people in the know we're talking just didn't sit right. They always talked about his back and his surgery, but never did they sound so positive that he might be done. Never did they put out there that he may not play again.

It's over. And dispute it all you want, the amount of money Larkin got had Everything to do with Z's health. They found out behind closed doors and then gave Larkin more money. I am positive that there was two deals on the table. With Z and without. Anyhow, thanks for the years Z! You were one of the best! #40 to the rafters!

Watched Holland's presser. He made it clear that this became a real possibility last season and everyone had been trying to keep the whole thing as quiet as possible. It's a good reminder that we as fans don't know half of what's really going on behind the scenes at any given time. "WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU SIGN VANEK?!" soon gives way to "Oh, Z's probably done and Vanek would provide some veteran leadership and could help fill the scoring void Z would leave behind. That makes sense."

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I told you.

The way people in the know we're talking just didn't sit right. They always talked about his back and his surgery, but never did they sound so positive that he might be done. Never did they put out there that he may not play again.

It's over. And dispute it all you want, the amount of money Larkin got had Everything to do with Z's health. They found out behind closed doors and then gave Larkin more money. I am positive that there was two deals on the table. With Z and without. Anyhow, thanks for the years Z! You were one of the best! #40 to the rafters!

Thank goodness for your instant told ya so. We almost forgot for a second that you said he was done for 3 years straight. Youve got to be right eventually. 

Thanks for all the memories Z, you left everything on the ice, including your back! You will be missed by all out there, and were much worse off without you. 

Hopefully you can enjoy the rest of your life with your family without discomfort! 

55 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

Thank goodness for your instant told ya so. We almost forgot for a second that you said he was done for 3 years straight. Youve got to be right eventually. 

Thanks for all the memories Z, you left everything on the ice, including your back! You will be missed by all out there, and were much worse off without you. 

Hopefully you can enjoy the rest of your life with your family without discomfort! 

I don't recall saying that for 3 years. Kronwall maybe, Z, I don't think so. 

It's time to move  forward. At least he'll probably still be around the team in an "advisory role."

Going out a legend. I feel so thankful that I got to witness his career from start to finish, as he stayed loyal to the red and white through good times and bad. I hope his long-term quality of life is tolerable and i'll never forget the sacrifices he made for the good of the team, the fans, and the city of Detroit. Hank and Pavel in their prime was such a gift to us, and to the sport, and he will go down in NHL history among the all-time elite. 

Thanks for everything Z, this is always tough as a fan to see your captain go, and a new generation to start to take form. First it was Yzerman and Lidstrom, then Pavel and Hank, next, Larkin and Zadina? 

Time to drive forward with the youth and LGW! This season won't be the same without him. 

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I don't recall saying that for 3 years. Kronwall maybe, Z, I don't think so. 

It's time to move  forward. At least he'll probably still be around the team in an "advisory role."

Come on, man.  Even if you did call it first and you weren't saying it for 3 years... does any of that actually matter?  Oh man, we're never going to see the heart and soul captain of the team, a guy that we've watched play for 15 years that we all wanted to see play another season and hit 1,000 points, etc. etc. .... we're not going to get to see him play again.... but, LeftWinger told us so, so.....what?

30 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

Look at you, acting like you never left us for hfboards. *sobs uncontrollably* go be with flashy and the others :bye2:

Did I imagine this or did someone post on here somewhat recently that she died?  Or was that some kind of inside joke that I didn't get because I'm not on here regularly enough?