• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

New Lettering

Rate this topic

So much easier to read and I don't get eye strain trying to read in an arch.

An arch!?

Really don't know what they were thinking.

Can you believe such a thing?

Announcers must have it easier as well; I'm surprised they haven't mentioned what a good idea it'd be to continue into the regular season.

Somebody petition the Wings to keep it for the regular season!

Maybe that'll inspire a full tank this year!

2ichie.jpg

Edited by HockeytownUW
Pic added

Why did it take so long?  On a serious note, I started looking to see when they started using the arched lettering and apparently it was in 1983, first NHL team to do so.....currently 5 use it.  But that being the case, why do I see Gordie Howe jerseys with arched lettering?

1 hour ago, toby91_ca said:

Why did it take so long?  On a serious note, I started looking to see when they started using the arched lettering and apparently it was in 1983, first NHL team to do so.....currently 5 use it.  But that being the case, why do I see Gordie Howe jerseys with arched lettering?

I guess for the same reason there are 2014 Winter Classic Gordie Howe jerseys... I personally hate jerseys of players that didn't actually wear that specific style jersey, but hey, to each their own I guess...

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I guess for the same reason there are 2014 Winter Classic Gordie Howe jerseys... I personally hate jerseys of players that didn't actually wear that specific style jersey, but hey, to each their own I guess...

Same. As badly as I would've preferred my '14 winter classic jersey be Mantha or Larkin, I couldn't stomach it :P 

12 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

It shouldn't have his name on it at all.

Image result for gordie howe jersey

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

On 9/20/2018 at 11:52 AM, amato said:

Same. As badly as I would've preferred my '14 winter classic jersey be Mantha or Larkin, I couldn't stomach it :P 

On 9/20/2018 at 12:05 PM, krsmith17 said:

Yeah my 2014 Winter Classic is Datsyuk. I also have the 2014 Alumni Yzerman jersey.

Reebok_Detroit_Red_Wings_19_Youth_Steve_

On 9/20/2018 at 11:41 AM, krsmith17 said:

I see that. It also bugs me when I see a Red Wings jersey that has a special number on it (say 19), but the jersey owner puts their own name on it. So for example:

Mahonas

That just annoys me.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

I see that. It also bugs me when I see a Red Wings jersey that has a special number on it (say 19), but the jersey owner puts their own name on it. So for example:

Mahonas

That just annoys me.

Tell me this wouldn't be awesome!

1 hour ago, kliq said:

Mahonas

That just annoys me.

Really want a Toews #88 jersey to piss ppl off with