• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

New Lettering

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

So much easier to read and I don't get eye strain trying to read in an arch.

An arch!?

Really don't know what they were thinking.

Can you believe such a thing?

Announcers must have it easier as well; I'm surprised they haven't mentioned what a good idea it'd be to continue into the regular season.

Somebody petition the Wings to keep it for the regular season!

Maybe that'll inspire a full tank this year!

2ichie.jpg

Edited by HockeytownUW
Pic added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did it take so long?  On a serious note, I started looking to see when they started using the arched lettering and apparently it was in 1983, first NHL team to do so.....currently 5 use it.  But that being the case, why do I see Gordie Howe jerseys with arched lettering?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toby91_ca said:

Why did it take so long?  On a serious note, I started looking to see when they started using the arched lettering and apparently it was in 1983, first NHL team to do so.....currently 5 use it.  But that being the case, why do I see Gordie Howe jerseys with arched lettering?

I guess for the same reason there are 2014 Winter Classic Gordie Howe jerseys... I personally hate jerseys of players that didn't actually wear that specific style jersey, but hey, to each their own I guess...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I guess for the same reason there are 2014 Winter Classic Gordie Howe jerseys... I personally hate jerseys of players that didn't actually wear that specific style jersey, but hey, to each their own I guess...

 

Same. As badly as I would've preferred my '14 winter classic jersey be Mantha or Larkin, I couldn't stomach it :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

Why did it take so long?  On a serious note, I started looking to see when they started using the arched lettering and apparently it was in 1983, first NHL team to do so.....currently 5 use it.  But that being the case, why do I see Gordie Howe jerseys with arched lettering?

It shouldn't have his name on it at all.

Image result for gordie howe jersey

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2018 at 11:52 AM, amato said:

 

Same. As badly as I would've preferred my '14 winter classic jersey be Mantha or Larkin, I couldn't stomach it :P 

 

On 9/20/2018 at 12:05 PM, krsmith17 said:

Yeah my 2014 Winter Classic is Datsyuk. I also have the 2014 Alumni Yzerman jersey.

Reebok_Detroit_Red_Wings_19_Youth_Steve_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2018 at 11:41 AM, krsmith17 said:

I guess for the same reason there are 2014 Winter Classic Gordie Howe jerseys... I personally hate jerseys of players that didn't actually wear that specific style jersey, but hey, to each their own I guess...

I see that. It also bugs me when I see a Red Wings jersey that has a special number on it (say 19), but the jersey owner puts their own name on it. So for example:

Mahonas
19

That just annoys me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kliq said:

I see that. It also bugs me when I see a Red Wings jersey that has a special number on it (say 19), but the jersey owner puts their own name on it. So for example:

Mahonas
19

That just annoys me.

Tell me this wouldn't be awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kliq said:

I see that. It also bugs me when I see a Red Wings jersey that has a special number on it (say 19), but the jersey owner puts their own name on it. So for example:

Mahonas
19

That just annoys me.

 

Really want a Toews #88 jersey to piss ppl off with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this