• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

GDT4!!!!

Rate this topic

35 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'll be eating some NFLD crow if Veleno > Rasmussen. Isn't that right @krsmith17 ?

Until then, I'm safely enjoying my place as a hardcore original member of team Razz.

Yes, that is correct. However, I think it's way too early for anyone to eat crow on our 2017 1st round pick. I think Rasmussen will end up being a better player than Tippett, but that's far from guaranteed at this point, and it certainly doesn't mean anything that Florida decided to send him back to junior for another season. I still think Vilardi will be a better player than Rasmussen though, as long as his current back issue doesn't hold him back too much.

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes, that is correct. However, I think it's way too early for anyone to eat crow on our 2017 1st round pick. I think Rasmussen will end up being a better player than Tippett, but that's far from guaranteed at this point, and it certainly doesn't mean anything that Florida decided to send him back to junior for another season. I still think Vilardi will be a better player than Rasmussen though, as long as his current back issue doesn't hold him back too much.

Ah. The disclaimer!!

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Ah. The disclaimer!!

Vilardi missed the beginning of last season due to a back sprain suffered during summer training. He finished the season and dominated the OHL for the few months he was able to play. His back flared up again at the end of the season and he missed the World Junior Summer Showcase this summer. He also missed all of rookie camp / training camp and has yet to play a single pre-season game. I think the disclaimer is warranted. Maybe the Red Wings staff knew something about a back issue last June, and that's why they picked Rasmussen over the much more skilled Vilardi. IF Vilardi can get healthy (I think he will), I still think he'll end up being the better player, but IF he doesn't and ends up being a bust, I'll still give Holland the credit (and eat a heaping plate of crow), because at the end of the day, he picked the right player, regardless of circumstances.

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'll be eating some NFLD crow if Veleno > Rasmussen. Isn't that right @krsmith17 ?

Until then, I'm safely enjoying my place as a hardcore original member of team Razz.

Team BIG Mike reporting in

usa_today_10127442.0.jpg

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Team BIG Mike reporting in

usa_today_10127442.0.jpg

Celebrity Lookalike Draft 

R to L:

William H. Macey, Young Rodney Dangerfield, that guy from Breaking Bad, BIG Mike, Josh Brolin, Steve Carol, Goofy Bruce Willis, Count von Count

Vilardi is lazy and he sucks!

12 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I don't know how Tippett is doing in Florida, but when Ras is contributing to this team this year and actually proving he was the right choice, my new Nick name will be Crow-Daddy! :lol:

Does this mean that your manlove with the Tipp is over?

Given that at least one of the two rookie defensemen will likely be spending a bunch of time in the press box, I would prefer that second spot go to Hicketts.  Otherwise I think Cholo and Sulak have looked the best of the defensemen.  Offensively I'd probably bring up Ras and go with Frk until such time as he can be traded (if he's playing decently well) or waived (if not).  Then bring Svech up.  Zadina should spend 2/3 of the season in the AHL learning how to play pro hockey and then come in like a house of fire after Nyquist is traded at the deadline. 

Edited by kipwinger

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Given that at least one of the two rookie defensemen will likely be spending a bunch of time in the press box, I would prefer that second spot go to Hicketts.  Otherwise I think Cholo and Sulak have looked the best of the defensemen.  Offensively I'd probably bring up Ras and go with Frk until such time as he can be traded (if he's playing decently well) or waived (if not).  Then bring Svech up.  Zadina should spend 2/3 of the season in the AHL learning how to play pro hockey and then come in like a house of fire after Nyquist is traded at the deadline. 

This.