• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wheelchairsuperhero

GDT5

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Against a defense that has only one regular in the lineup.  I'm not too worried.  Add Daley, Dekeyser, Ericsson, and Jensen to Kronwall and Cholowski and I'd say we probably let in a few less goals. 

It's a legit concern considering there's a four man race for two D spots and three of those candidates were playing tonight. Based on your response, I'm guessing Cholowski was OK tonight?

Basically, I didn't see the game. But I know 6 GA happened. So I want to know who sucked on D. 

I see a lot of "Vanek 's Gandalf" and "Mantha is the next Temmu Selanne" type comments. But given what this team's real issue is, I also expected to see some of "OMG Sulak WTF?" type comments. Were those 6 on Jimmy?

51 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Why is Howard letting in 5 goals?

10 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

It's a legit concern considering there's a four man race for two D spots and three of those candidates were playing tonight. Based on your response, I'm guessing Cholowski was OK tonight?

Basically, I didn't see the game. But I know 6 GA happened. So I want to know who sucked on D. 

I see a lot of "Vanek 's Gandalf" and "Mantha is the next Temmu Selanne" type comments. But given what this team's real issue is, I also expected to see some of "OMG Sulak WTF?" type comments. Were those 6 on Jimmy?

Wow really wish we had Peter Mrazchek right now

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

15 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Overall I was pretty happy with our defense. The score is kinda misleading. Chicago had five power plays to our one and they converted on two of them and at least two of the penalty calls were really questionable (refs sucked). One of Toews' goals was probably goaltender interference, but it's preseason so they let it go. Keith's goal was a shot from the point that Howard probably didn't see.

Edited by Dabura

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Overall I was pretty happy with our defense. The score is kinda misleading. Chicago had five power plays to our one and they converted on two of them and at least two of the calls were really questionable (refs sucked). One of Toews' goals was probably goaltender interference, but it's preseason so they let it go. Keith's goal was a shot from the point that Howard probably didn't see.

Yup.  And again, I'd reiterate we played 5 rookie defensemen.  So there were plenty of gaffs to go around.  It happens.  Not too many rookies are gonna consistently get the best of Patrick Kane regardless of how good they are.

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Overall I was pretty happy with our defense. The score is kinda misleading. Chicago had five power plays to our one and they converted on two of them and at least two of the calls were really questionable (refs sucked). One of Toews' goals was probably goaltender interference, but it's preseason so they let it go. Keith's goal was a shot from the point that Howard probably didn't see.

Thx!!

Mind ranking the D tonight? Give or take..

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You guys are quick lol I already edited.

I regret nothing

You didn't edit my brain tho.

Anyway. D men. Tonight. Rank em

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Thx!!

You Mrazek ***

1. Green
2. Daley
3. Kronwall
4. Cholowski
5. Ericsson
6. Dekeyser
7. Hicketts
8. Sulak
9. Hronek
10. Jensen
11. Mcilrath
12. Lashoff
13. Chelios
14. Lindstrom
15. Saarijarvi

The steal by AA and the clapper by Larkin

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Thx!!

Very little separation between the four kid defensemen tonight, IMO. They all committed some goofs, but they all made positive contributions as well. I thought they all looked like NHL defensemen, on the whole.

13 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Thx!!

Kronwall

Cholowski

Sulak

Hronek

Hicketts

Chelios

Edited by kipwinger

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So AA is gonna be good this year, fantastic. This is why you sign guys like Vanek.

I want AA - DBoss - Vanek top line

AA is a centerman now, ya dingus. That being said, I wanna see him build on nights like this and eventually push Nielsen out of the 2C spot.

Mantha has also been very good.

Definitely don't think Zadina's ready, but he's close IMO. Good chunk of the year down in Grand Rapids and I think he's gravy. 

Also, that AA guy is looking pretty decent right now. He actually looks really strong on the puck compared to last year, dude's eating his spinach or something. 

Why was Athanasiou's first assist taken away from him?

6 hours ago, Dabura said:

Goal: Vanek

Assist: Abdelkader 

WTF?

7 hours ago, Dabura said:

Overall I was pretty happy with our defense. The score is kinda misleading. Chicago had five power plays to our one and they converted on two of them and at least two of the penalty calls were really questionable (refs sucked). One of Toews' goals was probably goaltender interference, but it's preseason so they let it go. Keith's goal was a shot from the point that Howard probably didn't see.

There was also the goal that Toews scored from behind the net.

Edited by krsmith17

6 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Definitely don't think Zadina's ready, but he's close IMO. Good chunk of the year down in Grand Rapids and I think he's gravy. 

Also, that AA guy is looking pretty decent right now. He actually looks really strong on the puck compared to last year, dude's eating his baklava or something. 

Fixed.

Y'all seem REALLY surprised that a bunch of rooks looked like rooks in front of Jimmy.

SURPRISE OUR DEFENSE IS QUITE POSSIBLY POROUS.

In the meantime be happy that our OFFENSE looks sick and put up 8 vs. Chicago's finest.  How much are they gonna miss Corey.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

WTF?

Their names kinda look the same?

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

And the Seabrook shot from the point.

This WINGSNATION piece is why I'm getting tired of possession metrics.

13 minutes ago, Dabura said:

This WINGSNATION piece is why I'm getting tired of possession metrics.

Right?  I mean, Does it really matter how long you hold the puck if you're putting it into the back of the opposing teams net?  ...Against their best defensemen and what goalies they currently have?  

Also, veterans are supposed to lead.  Supposed to take over games.  AA and Vanek did what they're supposed to do.  Score freaking goals. Rookies are gonna get outplayed.  Nobody should be claiming or expecting that any of these guys are gonna see as much on ice time as they did last night to start the season.

Even with Libor Sulak having 21:28 of icetime, he was unable to register a single shot attempt and he absolutely got shelled at even-strength. A 28.95 CF% at 5v5 is not something that anyone should write home about. He made some nice zone entries and carried the puck up the ice, but that was it.)

That was it, huh?  Over twenty minutes of ice-time for this guy and "nice zone entries and carried the puck" is your analysis.  Spout some possession numbers and gloss over the fact that rookies are seeing this much ice time and not completely s***ting the bed.   I'll definitely be headed back for more of this hard hitting analysis.  

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

WTF?

It appears that a Chicago player touched the puck after Athanasiou and before Abdelkader.  Whether or not he had possession, which I believe is the requirement to eliminate a scoring credit, is very questionable in this situation.

44 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Y'all seem REALLY surprised that a bunch of rooks looked like rooks in front of Jimmy.

SURPRISE OUR DEFENSE IS QUITE POSSIBLY POROUS.

In the meantime be happy that our OFFENSE looks sick and put up 8 vs. Chicago's finest.  How much are they gonna miss Corey.

Just for the record, for the people who didn't catch the game: Chicago dressed Kane, Toews, Saad, Keith, Seabrook, Rutta, DeBrincat, and probably a couple other key guys I can't remember off the top of my head. The Wings? On defense: four kids with no NHL experience + Jake Chelios (27-year-old AHLer) + Kronwall. At forward: some firepower, lots of grinders, not much two-way prowess. (Which pretty much sums up what we should expect from our forward group this season.) And, again, Chicago had five power plays and we had one, because the refs were garbage.

Point being: Context is important.

28 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Right?  I mean, Does it really matter how long you hold the puck if you're putting it into the back of the opposing teams net?  ...Against their best defensemen and what goalies they currently have?  

Also, veterans are supposed to lead.  Supposed to take over games.  AA and Vanek did what they're supposed to do.  Score freaking goals. Rookies are gonna get outplayed.  Nobody should be claiming or expecting that any of these guys are gonna see as much on ice time as they did last night to start the season.

That was it, huh?  Over twenty minutes of ice-time for this guy and "nice zone entries and carried the puck" is your analysis.  Spout some possession numbers and gloss over the fact that rookies are seeing this much ice time and not completely s***ting the bed.   I'll definitely be headed back for more of this hard hitting analysis.  

And let's forget the fact that our NHL D group is the gold standard for getting shelled and contributing no offense.