• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wheelchairsuperhero

GDT6!

Rate this topic

Zadina proving he should stay.

IMO, based on pre season, Zadina, Rasmussen and Cholowski should be the three that stay all year.

It's still crazy to think that on opening day, because if injuries, that 5 out of the 7 spots on D could be rookies.

Edited by LeftWinger

26 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Zadina proving he should stay.

IMO, based on pre season, Zadina, Rasmussen and Cholowski should be the three that stay all year.

It's still crazy to think that on opening day, because if injuries, that 5 out of the 7 spots on D could be rookies.

"Based on pre season", Svechnikov has been every bit as good as Zadina. 

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Actually impressed more by the pass by Luke then the shot...

That's because natural goal scorers make it look easy.

That shot was quick, hard, above the glove in butterfly position, and less than an inch off the inside of the post. Perfect shot. Like @Jonas Mahonas touched on, Abdlekader would have imploded trying to take that shot. I doubt Nyquist or Mantha get it done either. 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

That's because natural goal scorers make it look easy.

That shot was quick, hard, above the glove in butterfly position, and less than an inch off the inside of the post. Perfect shot. Like @Jonas Mahonas touched on, Abdlekader would have imploded trying to take that shot. I doubt Nyquist or Mantha get it done either. 

Abdelkader would have deflected it in off his ass. I'd like to see Zadina do that...

7 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

Zadina has seemed like a Pulkkinen type this preseason in that he has been underwhelming in every facet of the game but knows how to finish plays when it’s teed up for him.

I don't remember Pulkkinen scoring any goals like that one. 

12 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

Zadina has seemed like a Pulkkinen type this preseason in that he has been underwhelming in every facet of the game but knows how to finish plays when it’s teed up for him.

I think they’re similar right now in that Zadina hasn’t figured out how to create space for himself yet. Pulkkinen wasn’t anywhere near Zadina in terms of defensive awareness though, which I feel like is an undervalued asset for an 18(19?) year old winger. We’re all a little disappointed he didn’t just step right in and light it up, but I’ve been pretty pleased to see that other parts of his game are actually pretty far along already. That’s why even if I don’t think he’s NHL ready, I think he’s reasonably close.

1 hour ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I think they’re similar right now in that Zadina hasn’t figured out how to create space for himself yet. Pulkkinen wasn’t anywhere near Zadina in terms of defensive awareness though, which I feel like is an undervalued asset for an 18(19?) year old winger. We’re all a little disappointed he didn’t just step right in and light it up, but I’ve been pretty pleased to see that other parts of his game are actually pretty far along already. That’s why even if I don’t think he’s NHL ready, I think he’s reasonably close.

Blashill even said Zadina's "very accountable defensively" and he doesn't "worry about him long term at all."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/09/26/red-wings-jeff-blashill-hints-filip-zadina-start-grand-rapids/1431358002/

He's been underwhelming, but he's way ahead of where Pulkkinen was at his age.

Edited by Dabura

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Blashill even said Zadina's "very accountable defensively" and he doesn't "worry about him long term at all."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/09/26/red-wings-jeff-blashill-hints-filip-zadina-start-grand-rapids/1431358002/

He's been underwhelming, but he's way ahead of where Pulkkinen was at his age.

Let Hudler 2 rot in the minors

38 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Let Hudler 2 rot in the minors

I'm curious what your actual thoughts on Zadina are. When you're not memeing your opinions usually seem pretty well thought out, so I'd be interested to hear what you think about him. 

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero
spelling

5 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Agreed. Svech has also been very impressive. I wish they could all stay. 

17 hours ago, kylee said:

Zadina making #11 proud! By #11 I mean Danny Cleary, of course! 

Shawn Burr is looking down and nodding his head with apporoval.

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Well that's just stupid. No wonder I was confused. 

1 hour ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I'm curious what your actual thoughts on Zadina are. When you're not memeing your opinions usually seem pretty well thought out, so I'd be interested to hear what you think about him. 

You two just don't understand me like KR does...

At this point in time, I think Larkin was the superior player at his age, and even Larkin needed a year at U of M before joining the DRW. That being said, I value players who are "playmakers" and drive possession (especially centers), like Larkin, more than I do goal-scoring wingers. So I have some bias in that department. IMO Zadina should go down to GR and then make the team next year. No sense in rushing him on to the team for the sake of it. He looked good in what little I watched, but not any better than Svechnikov, whose also barely on the cusp of making the team also. We have plenty of forwards and I'm patient.

42 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You two just don't understand me like KR does...

At this point in time, I think Larkin was the superior player at his age, and even Larkin needed a year at U of M before joining the DRW. That being said, I value players who are "playmakers" and drive possession (especially centers), like Larkin, more than I do goal-scoring wingers. So I have some bias in that department. IMO Zadina should go down to GR and then make the team next year. No sense in rushing him on to the team for the sake of it. He looked good in what little I watched, but not any better than Svechnikov, whose also barely on the cusp of making the team also. We have plenty of forwards and I'm patient.

I'm not sure if I understand you... but I understand this (mainly the bolded).