• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2018 Prospects Watch

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

No way Mantha plays over Zadina.  And he might not even be top 6 material after another couple drafts.

Try harder Jonas...

No way Mantha isn't a top 6 forward after another couple drafts... I'll bet anything on that. You already owe me for saying that Sambrook would be better than Cholowski... LOL

Having Mantha "over Zadina" doesn't necessarily mean he is the better player (although he could be). Like @Neomaxizoomdweebie mentioned yesterday...

15 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Agreed. You don't just give out ice time based on point totals. Sometimes lesser players work better with certain skill guys. When skill guys time goes up, his linemates' time goes up. You don't slot your forwards 1-12 based on who is your first thru 12th best F. That reminds of the old NHL videos games, when they auto-slotted guys on the rosters based on their overall skill numbers.

Marner is the Leafs best winger. He's on the "2nd line". Kessel is the Pens best winger. He's on the "2nd line". It is very common across the league to have a balanced top six. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket.

TOI average per game (most to last) thru the first 3 games:

Forwards:
1. Larkin
2. Athanasiou
3. Mantha
4. Nyquist
5. Nielsen
6. Abdelkader
7. Vanek
8. Glendening
9. Bertuzzi
10. Helm
11. Rasmussen
12. Ehn

Defense:
1. Dekeyser
2. Cholowski
3. Sulak
4. Jensen
5. Hronek
6. Hicketts
7. Daley

I love that Cholo and Sulak are getting big minutes. AA too. Helm sucks.

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Shoulda drafted Chychrun.......

He has a booboo and hasn't even played a game yet. Wuss.

Cholo is at a sustainable ppg pace right now

21 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Not to get all poopy but...

Doesn't, like, even the goalie coach's uncle score at a 1.4 PPG rate in the Q? 7 in 5 isn't even eye-catching in the W, let alone the Q. 

Someone reset the Matrix when we weren't looking. The Q was the lowest scoring of the CHL leagues last year. Only 6 players hit 1.4 ppg. The whole world is a lie. Up is West. North is 5. Ed McMahon never worked for Publisher's Clearinghouse. Nothing makes sense anymore.

51 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Let me know what game you are going to.  I will get them on Stub Hub.  That bet is OVER!

Sure. I'll let you know in 4 years. Just make sure you let me know what username you're under at that time...

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

What the F***?!?! I was really hoping to see him light up the Leafs tomorrow night... Does this mean we'll see Saarijarvi? Or will one of the vets be ready to go by then?...