• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2018 Prospects Watch

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

So he's meh as of now, yah?

Yeah, definitely not a great start, but keep in mind, he's only 18 years old, playing in arguably the 2nd or 3rd best league in the world. Much higher competition than even the AHL. He'd probably be a point per game (or better) player in the CHL, and close to that in NCAA. The Swedish Elite League is a very strong league.

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Do you feel like he is getting better?

No idea. I've never seen him play a minute live, only highlights.

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Here are some stats to check out. Some players are ones available in 2019 draft.

I'm a big fan of Seth Barton. Reminds me a lot of Cholowski. Good to see Regula putting up some points too.

As for next year's draft, I'm still team Cozens (if we don't win the lottery), but Dach seems to be off to a hot start as well.

The one player I don't want to draft, admittedly for a dumb reason, is Kaapo Kakko. The last thing this team needs is another left-handed winger... This is of course who we will draft...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

No idea. I've never seen him play a minute live, only highlights.

I'm a big fan of Seth Barton. Reminds me a lot of Cholowski. Good to see Regula putting up some points too.

As for next year's draft, I'm still team Cozens (if we don't win the lottery), but Dach seems to be off to a hot start as well.

The one player I don't want to draft, admittedly for a dumb reason, is Kaapo Kakko. The last thing this team needs is another left-handed winger... This is of course who we will draft...

I just don't want to have to say Kaapo Kakko.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Some people think Jack Hughes will ultimately become a full-time winger. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Some people think Jack Hughes will ultimately become a full-time winger. :ph34r:

I'm one of those people... But I'm okay with adding another left-handed winger if he's "elite" or a "franchise changing" winger. Hughes on Larkin's wing would be unreal. I'm not as worried about our center position, because I believe Larkin / Veleno will be a very solid 1-2 punch down the middle. 

10 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm one of those people... But I'm okay with adding another left-handed winger if he's "elite" or a "franchise changing" winger. Hughes on Larkin's wing would be unreal. I'm not as worried about our center position, because I believe Larkin / Veleno will be a very solid 1-2 punch down the middle. 

I'm all for upgrading at any position. For example, if Kakko is the BPA after Hughes (not saying he will be - just hypothetical) and projects to be a better winger Zadina, Mantha, AA, Bertuzzi, etc, do you not take the kid? 

10 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'm all for upgrading at any position. For example, if Kakko is the BPA after Hughes (not saying he will be - just hypothetical) and projects to be a better winger Zadina, Mantha, AA, Bertuzzi, etc, do you not take the kid? 

If we end up drafting 2nd overall and there's a significant drop off between the 2nd and 3rd ranked prospects, then sure, take BPA. But if they're relatively close, go with need. I know this team needs to upgrade pretty much every position, but we do have a surplus of left-shot wingers. I'd prefer the big right-shot forward or defenseman over the left-shot winger. I think we're going to win the draft lottery though, so it's a moot point...

Something to add to the Hughes convo. After Petterson got manhandled into Concussionville by Matheson last week, the goons on Sportsnet (Kypreos and Shannon) were speculating that Hughes may not make the immediate leap into the NHL. Because of his size. Because he's really small. And someone might kill him. Because he's not big. Size. Food for thought.  

51 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Crosby straight up?

Sure, let's trade an 18 year old stud for a few good years of Crosby... We're rebuilding. Not even 32 year old Crosby could get this team over the hump right now. Dumb trade. The only players you trade a player like Hughes for "straight up" are the ones that aren't getting moved (McDavid, MacKinnon, Matthews, etc).

43 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Something to add to the Hughes convo. After Petterson got manhandled into Concussionville by Matheson last week, the goons on Sportsnet (Kypreos and Shannon) were speculating that Hughes may not make the immediate leap into the NHL. Because of his size. Because he's really small. And someone might kill him. Because he's not big. Size. Food for thought.  

Kypreos and Shannon are morons. Hughes would make any bottom feeder out of camp next season.

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Sure, let's trade an 18 year old stud for a few good years of Crosby... We're rebuilding. Not even 32 year old Crosby could get this team over the hump right now. Dumb trade. The only players you trade a player like Hughes for "straight up" are the ones that aren't getting moved (McDavid, MacKinnon, Matthews, etc).

Kypreos and Shannon are morons. Hughes would make any bottom feeder out of camp next season.

100% agree with the bold. And no doubt Hughes would make ANY team out of camp. The implication or working theory was that he and his family may chose to delay it a year in order for him to get bigger/stronger. 

I don't really buy it. Just throwing it out there. 

15 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Hughes - Larkin - Zadina

I want it.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I would love to have MacKinnon.  Can u get that deal done?

No. I'd trade Jack Hughes straight up for Nathan MacKinnon. Sakic "would never do it though"... 

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Laine, Trouba, two 1sts, two 2nds for Hughes.

:lol:

Rantanen, Makar, Ottawa's 2019 1st round pick, Colorado's 2019 1st and 2nd round picks.

Boeser, Virtanen, Juolevi, 2019 and 2020 1st round picks.

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You fall for it every single time.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Laine, Trouba, two 1sts, two 2nds for Hughes.

I wouldn't trade Laine alone for Hughes.

On 10/23/2018 at 4:11 PM, kipwinger said:

Jared McIsaac has 7 points in 7 games including 3 goals.  So that's a kinda positive development for a 2nd rounder. 

His teammate, Lavoie, is 2019 draft eligible and would be a great early 2nd rounder or with one of our later 1st round (hopefully) picks acquired. 18 points in 13 games, not too shabby! Plus Zadina is also a former teammate of these two. Zadina - AA - Lavoie! Nice! :lol: Getting ahead of myself, sorry!

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

His teammate, Lavoie, is 2019 draft eligible and would be a great early 2nd rounder or with one of our later 1st round (hopefully) picks acquired. 18 points in 13 games, not too shabby! Plus Zadina is also a former teammate of these two. Zadina - AA - Lavoie! Nice! :lol: Getting ahead of myself, sorry!

image.png.1b3b9993e770bbf844593af91faf4320.png

We doan wan no stinky rot handers.