• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2018 Prospects Watch

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, TimeBinder said:

Anyone see zadina play?  Is he just having a tough time adjusting to the AHL?  Looking poor in the game reports.

I think it's just slower than people expected, but not really unusual. I've watched most of the games and he just looks like a young kid not used to playing with big boys at the moment. You can still see the upside pretty evidently IMO. 

I'm not concerned yet, I'll re-evaluate my opinion later in the season once he gets plenty more looks.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

Srsly tho. I ain't even mad. In fact, I'm becoming increasingly zen about this whole rebuild thing. I've accepted that this is probably going to be a long rebuild. I've accepted that we probably don't have a single future top-tier NHLer in the system right now. I've accepted that even if we get Jack Hughes, we probably still don't have the talent needed for perennial contention.

We are hardcore basement.

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Srsly tho. I ain't even mad. In fact, I'm becoming increasingly zen about this whole rebuild thing. I've accepted that this is probably going to be a long rebuild. I've accepted that we probably don't have a single future top-tier NHLer in the system right now. I've accepted that even if we get Jack Hughes, we probably still don't have the talent needed for perennial contention.

We are hardcore basement.

Ha ha me too

236749932074212.png?r1024x1024

12 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Jared McIsaac up to 4 goals, 5 assists, in 9 games. 

I've low-key REALLY liked McIsaac for a while now

On 2/27/2018 at 11:01 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't normally like to cast opinion on young players we hardly know a thing about. But the Isles scout I know talks very highly of McIsaac at 21. And the thing is, he's a western scout, covering mostly British Columbia. So when he starts to recommend guys I know he hasn't watched extensively, I start to think... ahhhh this is a guy he's probably hearing a lot about internally from the Isles organization and from their French-Canadian scouts.

So I know it's not just his opinion but a probably a greater conversation going on in the NYI organization.

I'll say he's my pick for our Vegas selection.

Is it still true that all the best Dmen get taken in the 2nd round like Weber was? If true, hopefully McIsaac is our Weber.

6 minutes ago, TimeBinder said:

When the hell did this music video thing spring up?  Can we keep it on topic plz - prospects. 

It is on topic, see:

12 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Could Cholowski and McIsaac be the top pair D we've been searching for since Kronwall?

Cholowski and McIsaac (both prospects) look really good and could turn out to be top pair D, something we've needed for a while. Could the search finally be over? Hence the video. It's called HYPE and if you don't like it, don't click on it. It doesn't affect your life in any way.

22 minutes ago, TimeBinder said:

When the hell did this music video thing spring up?  Can we keep it on topic plz - prospects. 

Next time were all having fun and the thread suddenly gets locked, remember this guys name

11 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

It is on topic, see:

Cholowski and McIsaac (both prospects) look really good and could turn out to be top pair D, something we've needed for a while. Could the search finally be over? Hence the video. It's called HYPE and if you don't like it, don't click on it. It doesn't affect your life in any way.

But you see, he doesn't like watching videos and he had to scroll for 2 extra seconds in order to get past your video! The horror!

He's probably already tattled to a mod that the power users - ya know, the ones like you and me who actually generate the content on this website that he likes to read - posted a video again, and that mildly inconvenienced his scrolling. Thank you to all of you who do this btw, it really motivates us, the people who actually post here, to keep bailing out the sinking ship that is this website with more content. Keep it up.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Next time were all having fun and the thread suddenly gets locked, remember this guys name

But you see, he doesn't like watching videos and he had to scroll for 2 extra seconds in order to get past your video! The horror!

He's probably already tattled to a mod that the power users - ya know, the ones like you and me who actually generate the content on this website that he likes to read - posted a video again, and that mildly inconvenienced his scrolling. Thank you to all of you who do this btw, it really motivates us, the people who actually post here, to keep bailing out the sinking ship that is this website with more content. Keep it up.

:lol:

23 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I've low-key REALLY liked McIsaac for a while now

Is it still true that all the best Dmen get taken in the 2nd round like Weber was? If true, hopefully McIsaac is our Weber.

In other words, you've never noticed or mentioned him until now, and now you wanna take credit for knowing how good he was gonna be all along.

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Pretty much this. Post or don't post, makes no difference to me. But don't decide to post only to complain. Maybe contribute to the content every once and a while. There are an awful lot of people who visit this site and never post anything. Be appreciative of those of us who take the time to participate when so many others do not, even if it's a little out there sometimes.

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You've made a powerful enemy this day

Says the guy with the Stalin avatar. We were already enemies the day u went Commie.

6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Pretty much this. Post or don't post, makes no difference to me. But don't decide to post only to complain. Maybe contribute to the content every once and a while. There are an awful lot of people who visit this site and never post anything. Be appreciative of those of us who take the time to participate when so many others do not, even if it's a little out there sometimes.

Says the guy with the Stalin avatar. We were already enemies the day u went Commie.

giphy.gif

What's wrong with communism? Helping your fellow man? The West is driven only by greed and decadence. Us communists have much more righteous ambitions, to lift all our comrades up from the ashes and break the shackles of our capitalist banker overlords. You'll thank me after the revolution.

Also communism produces the best hockey

get rekt

6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yes. It's quite the sacrifice we're making. 

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

giphy.gif

What's wrong with communism? Helping your fellow man? The West is driven only by greed and decadence. Us communists have much more righteous ambitions, to lift all our comrades up from the ashes and break the shackles of our capitalist banker overlords. You'll thank me after the revolution.

Also communism produces the best hockey

get rekt

4 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yes. It's quite the sacrifice we're making. 

There is only one way to avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. - Aristotle