• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2018 Prospects Watch

Rate this topic

Guess the Wings don't apply their "dominating that league" philosophy to Joe Veleno.  What the hell does he have to do to get the call up to Grand Rapids?  Get to the point where he can play by himself in the Q?  Get his ass up with Zadina already, Holland.  This is a waste of time at this point.  He's obviously done at that level.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Guess the Wings don't apply their "dominating that league" philosophy to Joe Veleno.  What the hell does he have to do to get the call up to Grand Rapids?  Get to the point where he can play by himself in the Q?  Get his ass up with Zadina already, Holland.  This is a waste of time at this point.  He's obviously done at that level.

Doesn't for that way, I'm afraid.

http://thepinkpuck.com/2014/09/09/age-eligibility-in-minor-league-hockey/

tl;dr He'll be AHL-eligible at the end of this season.

Edited by Dabura

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You're trying to stir the pot with a cooked noodle my friend

#factsmatter

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Rewrite the agreement between the NHL and Junior Leagues.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Anybody been following Sulak lately?  15 GP, 0 G, 2 A, +6.  Pretty paltry stats so far.  I was expecting him to adjust quicker.  I think his fundamentals are going to come along more slowly than we all want.

Meh. I think he was most likely to be a depth guy anyway.

43 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Griffins beat the San Antonio Rampage tonight.

Hronek is on a tear, had a goal and an assist tonight. 4 goals and 13 points thru 15 games with the Griffins this season.

Zadina had two assists. 7 goals and 14 points thru 21 games played.

I believe the two assists put Zadina at 16pts in 22 games.

And yes, Hronek is on a tear.

Edit: Nevermind. You were right. 14 in 21

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Jared McIsaac is now 4th in points among QMJHL Dmen. 20 pts in 19 games. http://theqmjhl.ca/stats/players/190/1/ptspg/defencemen

4th in points *per game* (1.05 PTS/G). 6th in points, but has played 5-10 games less than anyone else ahead of him. If he continues to progress at this rate, he could possibly make the jump right from junior, like Cholowski did this season, in the 2020-21 season.

Veleno had another 3 point game (2 goals and an assist) last night, and has 12 points (6 goals, 6 assists) in his last 3 games. Like McIsaac, he now sits 6th in the Q with 40 points (18 goals, 22 assists) in 24 games, and 4th in point per game (1.67). He's bound to have a few more 0 point / 1 point games, but if he continues having these 3+ point games as often as he has, he could be up to a 2 points per game pace very soon.

8 hours ago, Dabura said:

Griffins beat the San Antonio Rampage tonight.

Hronek is on a tear, had a goal and an assist tonight. 4 goals and 13 points thru 15 games with the Griffins this season.

Zadina had two assists. 7 goals and 14 points thru 21 games played.

Yeah, there's not a doubt in my mind that Hronek will be a top 4 defenseman in Detroit by next season (or sooner). He's been great in Grand Rapids and showed glimpses in his short 6 game stint in Detroit this season as well. I hope he gets another extended look after the deadline (or sooner) this season.

Hronek is currently 17th in the league in points, and 11th in point per game (0.87) amongst defensemen. I think he'll climb that list a little higher over the next couple months as well.

Good to see Zadina starting to get acclimated to the pro game as well. I haven't been able to watch as many Griffins games as I'd like this season, but I trust @Wheelchairsuperhero 's scouting report.

Zadina is currently 17th in the league in points amongst rookies, but everyone ahead of him is also older (some even 3 to 4 years older).

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, there's not a doubt in my mind that Hronek will be a top 4 defenseman in Detroit by next season (or sooner). He's been great in Grand Rapids and showed glimpses in his short 6 game stint in Detroit this season as well. I hope he gets another extended look after the deadline (or sooner) this season.

Hronek is currently 17th in the league in points, and 11th in point per game (0.87) amongst defensemen. I think he'll climb that list a little higher over the next couple months as well.

Good to see Zadina starting to get acclimated to the pro game as well. I haven't been able to watch as many Griffins games as I'd like this season, but I trust @Wheelchairsuperhero 's scouting report.

Zadina is currently 17th in the league in points amongst rookies, but everyone ahead of him is also older (some even 3 to 4 years older).

Hronek is 21 and Zadina just turned 19.  They are both making great progress.  I'm excited that they will be Red Wings next year.  I hope Veleno and McIsaac make the team next year too.

10 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

4th in points *per game* (1.05 PTS/G). 6th in points, but has played 5-10 games less than anyone else ahead of him. If he continues to progress at this rate, he could possibly make the jump right from junior, like Cholowski did this season, in the 2020-21 season.

Veleno had another 3 point game (2 goals and an assist) last night, and has 12 points (6 goals, 6 assists) in his last 3 games. Like McIsaac, he now sits 6th in the Q with 40 points (18 goals, 22 assists) in 24 games, and 4th in point per game (1.67). He's bound to have a few more 0 point / 1 point games, but if he continues having these 3+ point games as often as he has, he could be up to a 2 points per game pace very soon.

This could be our best draft class since 2002

9 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm catching another Griffins game this Wednesday. I'll be sure to turn in my overly critical report. See what @Wheelchairsuperhero means about all this "much improved" business.