• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2018 Prospects Watch

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I really don't get Cholowski. 8 pts in his first 11 games... then another 8 in his next 40...

I assume this is because the first 11 games he was basically the #1 Dman due to all of our Dmen being injured? Now he's like the 6-7-8th Dman and doesn't have the same assignment allowing him to score? Still, 18 minutes a night should allow a playmaking Dman to score I would think... Hronek seems to be able too.

The -20 is particularly damning.

Not sure if he's being too sheltered or being rushed too soon...

I feel like Hronek should be in over Cholo

Yet there’s no talk of sending him down to work some stuff and calling up hronek , no idea what’s going on with this team ... I think cholowski’s been hanging out with ericsson too much and listening to his advice 

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Yet there’s no talk of sending him down to work some stuff and calling up hronek , no idea what’s going on with this team ... I think cholowski’s been hanging out with ericsson too much and listening to his advice 

Yeah. This team is such a mystery :rolleyes:

On 2/11/2019 at 4:19 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I really don't get Cholowski. 8 pts in his first 11 games... then another 8 in his next 40...

I assume this is because the first 11 games he was basically the #1 Dman due to all of our Dmen being injured? Now he's like the 6-7-8th Dman and doesn't have the same assignment allowing him to score? Still, 18 minutes a night should allow a playmaking Dman to score I would think... Hronek seems to be able too.

The -20 is particularly damning.

Not sure if he's being too sheltered or being rushed too soon...

I feel like Hronek should be in over Cholo

Didn't he put up most of those points quarterbacking the PP from the blueline? If I recall he was on the first unit. Now for some dumbass reason they have him playing the wall down low like a forward when he's out for the PP, which is less than it was during that whole injury phase. Anyway that's what I'd attribute to the drop in production, our PP ain't s*** and he ain't where he's supposed to be on it IMO. 

As for the +/-, he's not exactly defensively perfect all the time right now. Youngster may be getting burnt out during a long season. I'm not going to comment on whether scratching him is the right move or not, I'm not a coach and I don't know his personality. Maybe it is best for him. I do think Hronek should be in the lineup though, it's actually silly he isn't. 

McIsaac continues to torch the Q, with 48 points (12 goals, 36 assists) in 39 games. Leads all defensemen with 1.23 point per game. He's also averaging 3.15 shots on goal per game.

I hope you're right @kipwinger. Top 4 two-way defenseman capable of 25-35 points in the mold of a (prime) Brad Stuart? I'd take that...

Just now, krsmith17 said:

McIsaac continues to torch the Q, with 48 points (12 goals, 36 assists) in 39 games. Leads all defensemen with 1.23 point per game. He's also averaging 3.15 shots on goal per game.

I hope you're right @kipwinger. Top 4 two-way defenseman capable of 25-35 points in the mold of a (prime) Brad Stuart? I'd take that...

I've been saying for a while that our defensive prospects were better than what people thought. Some of the stuff I've been reading on Lindstrom suggests he's the same type of guy too. I'm genuinely excited about the potential for a Cholo-Lindstrom, McIsaac-Hronek top four.  Two lefty/righty pairs (for those who care about that), two offensive guys, two fast skating/hard hitting defensive guys.  And that's not counting this year's draft and our project guys from the last two years either. 

As I've said elsewhere, people who think Kenny hasn't done a good job with the rebuild probably aren't paying attention to just how good some of these guys are playing. 

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I've been saying for a while that our defensive prospects were better than what people thought. Some of the stuff I've been reading on Lindstrom suggests he's the same type of guy too. I'm genuinely excited about the potential for a Cholo-Lindstrom, McIsaac-Hronek top four.  Two lefty/righty pairs (for those who care about that), two offensive guys, two fast skating/hard hitting defensive guys.  And that's not counting this year's draft and our project guys from the last two years either. 

As I've said elsewhere, people who think Kenny hasn't done a good job with the rebuild probably aren't paying attention to just how good some of these guys are playing. 

Again, I really hope you're right. Still would have liked to draft Wilde over Berggren, but ah well...

I'm confident that we have enough really good young players / prospects, I'm just not so sure we have enough truly "elite" players / prospects... yet. It looks like Larkin could be approaching elite status. Zadina could get there. Hronek or Cholowski could get there, but I wouldn't bet on it. Hopefully whoever we draft in the first round this year becomes elite. But yeah, as far as depth and support players, we're looking really good.

I'm pumped about Berggren too.  He's been injured, but people were comparing him to Arvidsson when he was drafted.  Some going as far as to call him the steal of the draft.  I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do when healthy.  Even if he turned into another Tatar I'd be thrilled. 

We should be a player with elite upside in this year's draft.  I'm happy with whomever as long as they're a center (Dach, Zegras, Krebs, Newhook).  And then we go shopping to fill in the gaps. 

But again, "elite" is really hard to nail down anyway.  You've said before you don't think Kuznetsov is elite, and that dude was the Caps leading scorer in the playoffs a year ago and looked like a man amongst boys.  So maybe you don't need "elite" per se.  Maybe you just need dudes like that, whatever they're called.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

STill would of rather we had drafted brannstrom over Rasmussen and I’m really hoping we can pull off some trade somehow for fabbro , I’m excited for mcisaac and I’ve kept my eye on lindstrom when checking up on prospects but I was also excited when we had sproul,ouellette and backstrom and that turned to s*** so I think it might be best to add someone like fabbro cause it’s never a bad thing

but I agree regula and a few others have upside 

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Again, I really hope you're right. Still would have liked to draft Wilde over Berggren, but ah well...

I'm confident that we have enough really good young players / prospects, I'm just not so sure we have enough truly "elite" players / prospects... yet. It looks like Larkin could be approaching elite status. Zadina could get there. Hronek or Cholowski could get there, but I wouldn't bet on it. Hopefully whoever we draft in the first round this year becomes elite. But yeah, as far as depth and support players, we're looking really good.

Bode Wilde would have been good if we could have landed him , I liked Berggren so wasn’t upset but just hope this injury doesn’t derail him 

liked dostal but eliasson looks good ,liked lauko alot and romanov and drury look good but can’t get them all  but overall Time will tell but I think we had our best draft in ages and we’d be stupid to not trade some pieces and try and land another top 60 picks and try and have a repeat draft and turn this team around fast

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'm pumped about Berggren too.  He's been injured, but people were comparing him to Arvidsson when he was drafted.  Some going as far as to call him the steal of the draft.  I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do when healthy.  Even if he turned into another Tatar I'd be thrilled. 

We should be a player with elite upside in this year's draft.  I'm happy with whomever as long as they're a center (Dach, Zegras, Krebs, Newhook).  And then we go shopping to fill in the gaps. 

But again, "elite" is really hard to nail down anyway.  You've said before you don't think Kuznetsov is elite, and that dude was the Caps leading scorer in the playoffs a year ago and looked like a man amongst boys.  So maybe you don't need "elite" per se.  Maybe you just need dudes like that, whatever they're called.

Personally hoping we land a top 3 pick and if not we end up with a dman with star potential like broberg, think Beecher can be a good pick with our 2nd . I just hope we end up drafting a future potential star with our first pick, regardless who we take we can’t afford to f*** it up

I'd be SUPER irritated if we took a defenseman with our top pick.  This is a weak year for defensemen and a very strong year for centers at the top of the draft class.  Unless we somehow fall down the draft board a bit I would consider taking a defenseman a reach in the top 10.  Maybe Byram, but I'm not even sure about him.  Then again, a lot will change between now and draft day.

Well if we can land a fabbro than I wouldn’t care so much, I’m just annoyed on passing on some good d’s last few seasons and I think broberg has some upside but like you said a lot of things can happen with the draft lottery so we have to wait , always been on us getting kakko and now I’m debating whether to get hughes to play with zadina with laine’s Current struggles. 

Hes been injured like the last 3 seasons I believe already which makes me worried about, Anyways let’s hope we get a stud player regardless 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'd be SUPER irritated if we took a defenseman with our top pick.  This is a weak year for defensemen and a very strong year for centers at the top of the draft class.  Unless we somehow fall down the draft board a bit I would consider taking a defenseman a reach in the top 10.  Maybe Byram, but I'm not even sure about him.  Then again, a lot will change between now and draft day.

I hear Byram is weak sperm too. Go for the centers this year. 

Edited by kickazz

Zadina has 7 points (4 goals, 3 assists), 21 shots on goal, and is a +6 in his last 7 games. #bust...

He's really starting to heat up, and is only now starting to get some help down there. Frk is a huge addition to that team, and it definitely doesn't hurt having another countryman in the locker room / on his line. I'm not sure how long Hronek and Cholowski will stay down, but I wouldn't hate seeing them stay down for the rest of the season. Regain some confidence and help the Griffins go on another Calder Cup run.