• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2018 Prospects Watch

Rate this topic

Zadina (AHL) - 43GP, 15G, 14A, 29PTS, -10, 2.30 S/G, 0.67 PTS/G

Hronek (AHL) - 28GP, 7G, 16A, 23PTS, +4, 2.68 S/G, 0.82 PTS/G

Veleno (QMJHL) - 47GP, 38G, 51A, 89PTS, +51, 52.3 FO%, 4.36 S/G, 1.89 PTS/G (2nd in the Q)

McIsaac (QMJHL) - 42GP, 14G, 38A, 52PTS, +25, 3.21 S/G, 1.24 PTS/G (1st in the Q among D)

Regula (OHL) - 54GP, 8G, 24A, 32PTS, +28, 2.00 S/G, 0.59 PTS/G

Pearson (NCAA) - 28GP, 15G, 10A, 25PTS, +15, 54.6 FO%, 3.04 S/G, 0.89 PTS/G

10 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I’m curious, if you would split his season in two halves, what would his pts/g be first half vs second half?

Well prior to January 26th he was very streaky. He would put up a couple points in a game and then go pointless for up to 10 games. So if you count that as the "halfway" / turning point...

First half...

35GP, 10G, 10A, 20PTS, -17, 2.1 S/G, 0.57 PTS/G

Second half...

8GP, 5G, 4A, 9PTS, +7, 3.0 S/G, 1.13 PTS/G

16 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Well prior to January 26th he was very streaky. He would put up a couple points in a game and then go pointless for up to 10 games. So if you count that as the "halfway" / turning point...

First half...

Second half...

He's a bust. You just proved it.

16 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

First half...

Second half...

Thanks! Looking good!

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Zadina (AHL) - 43GP, 15G, 14A, 29PTS, -10, 2.30 S/G, 0.67 PTS/G

Hronek (AHL) - 28GP, 7G, 16A, 23PTS, +4, 2.68 S/G, 0.82 PTS/G

Veleno (QMJHL) - 47GP, 38G, 51A, 89PTS, +51, 52.3 FO%, 4.36 S/G, 1.89 PTS/G (2nd in the Q)

McIsaac (QMJHL) - 42GP, 14G, 38A, 52PTS, +25, 3.21 S/G, 1.24 PTS/G (1st in the Q among D)

Regula (OHL) - 54GP, 8G, 24A, 32PTS, +28, 2.00 S/G, 0.59 PTS/G

Pearson (NCAA) - 28GP, 15G, 10A, 25PTS, +15, 54.6 FO%, 3.04 S/G, 0.89 PTS/G

And no Berggren this season unfortunately , lindstrom looking good as well as larsson and eliasson so there’s some reason reason for optimism with this list . Now if we can have a similar draft to last seasons we’ll surprise quite some people who I’m sure are counting us out for another decade 

4 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

And no Berggren this season unfortunately , lindstrom looking good as well as larsson and eliasson so there’s some reason reason for optimism with this list . Now if we can have a similar draft to last seasons we’ll surprise quite some people who I’m sure are counting us out for another decade 

Colorado vs Edmonton, Detroit vs Buffalo.  5 more years.

4 hours ago, mackel said:

You lost me Bro.

Just go easy is all.

Svechnikov has been skating on his own for the past couple weeks, and skated with the team today during the morning skate. Hopefully he'll be ready to go soon. The Griffins could have an extremely talented team for a playoff run with Zadina, Frk, Svechnikov, Rasmussen, Hronek and Cholowski, as well as veterans Terry, Puempel, Megan and Camper...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Svechnikov has been skating on his own for the past couple weeks, and skated with the team today during the morning skate. Hopefully he'll be ready to go soon. The Griffins could have an extremely talented team for a playoff run with Zadina, Frk, Svechnikov, Rasmussen, Hronek and Cholowski, as well as veterans Terry, Puempel, Megan and Camper...

Thanks for the update. Saw his interview with Carley and was wondering when he'd be ready. 

Would this only be a 14 day conditioning stint for Svechnikov? As in: is he still waiver exempt? 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Athanasiou

Frk-Veleno-Zadina

Svechnikov-Rasmussen-Puempel

Cholowski-Hronek

Sulak-Lindstrom

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Thanks for the update. Saw his interview with Carley and was wondering when he'd be ready. 

Would this only be a 14 day conditioning stint for Svechnikov? As in: is he still waiver exempt? 

Yeah, he's still waiver exempt this season. Could be a conditioning stint, or he could play the remainder of the season in GR, which is what I'd prefer to see. I'd like to see him get top six minutes / power-play time on a contender, and go on another playoff run in Grand Rapids, than get bottom six minutes with de la Rose and Abdelkader on a losing team in Detroit. Which is also the reason I'd like to see Rasmussen sent down to junior and eventually back up with GR as well...

5 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Athanasiou

Frk-Veleno-Zadina

Svechnikov-Rasmussen-Puempel

Cholowski-Hronek

Sulak-Lindstrom

You really are that clueless about NHL rules (and everything hockey related) aren't you? None of Bertuzzi, Larkin or Athanasiou are waiver exempt, and even if they were, why would we send them down to play in the AHL?

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, he's still waiver exempt this season. Could be a conditioning stint, or he could play the remainder of the season in GR, which is what I'd prefer to see. I'd like to see him get top six minutes / power-play time on a contender, and go on another playoff run in Grand Rapids, than get bottom six minutes with de la Rose and Abdelkader on a losing team in Detroit. Which is also the reason I'd like to see Rasmussen sent down to junior and eventually back up with GR as well...

You really are that clueless about NHL rules (and everything hockey related) aren't you? None of Bertuzzi, Larkin or Athanasiou are waiver exempt, and even if they were, why would we send them down to play in the AHL?

Conditioning stints, bro.

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

For sure. Just wasn't sure about his status. Which you have cleared up. Thx!

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Man I had totally forgot about svechnikov and the fact that he would have to go through waivers next year add to that the fact that zadina might make the club next season where are we suppose to fit Nyquist ? Unless we deal some deadweight in glendening,helm,abdelkader I can’t see how we can bring back Gus on another 4-5 year deal with all these kids coming 

we can’t be blinded by him having his good season on a contract year, I was always on the side of trading Gus and if the team wanted to retain him then bring him back July 1 but I think it might just be time to move on , Larkin will get chemistry with other players 

Looking ahead if we actually land hughes/kakko

bertuzzi Larkin mantha 

rasmussen hughes/kakko zadina

aa nielsen svechnikov 

4th line a mix of  delarose abdelkader ehn turgeon holmstrom 

didn’t even bring up helm,glendening and vanek And Nyquist who theres talks about keeping around to help with the kids , ken Holland has to 100% let go of Gus and trade him and go up to vanek and tell him there’s zero place next season he can try and find a team he might be able to have a chance to stick around with next year 

glendening and helm should also be used as trade bait prior to next season, not enough spots for all these aging declining players. Stockpile the picks/prospects 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Great another Griffens playoff run. Seems they are the only team this franchise can win with these days.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Man I had totally forgot about svechnikov and the fact that he would have to go through waivers next year add to that the fact that zadina might make the club next season where are we suppose to fit Nyquist ? Unless we deal some deadweight in glendening,helm,abdelkader I can’t see how we can bring back Gus on another 4-5 year deal with all these kids coming 

we can’t be blinded by him having his good season on a contract year, I was always on the side of trading Gus and if the team wanted to retain him then bring him back July 1 but I think it might just be time to move on , Larkin will get chemistry with other players 

I agree, but both de la Rose and Ehn should be expendable and can be waived, sent to the minors / claimed by another team. Vanek should be gone. Both Zadina and Veleno should be pushing for roster spots, but the way this organization operates, they could both be in Grand Rapids. Maybe even Rasmussen as well. Svechnikov has to make the 23-man roster, or be exposed to waivers.

Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi, Nielsen, Abdelkader, Helm, Glendening and Svechnikov should be the only "guaranteed" spots (assuming there are no trades). That would leave 5 spots up front for Rasmussen, Zadina, Veleno, de la Rose, Ehn, Frk (if re-signed), Holmstrom and Turgeon to fight for. I'd love to see the first three be regulars next season, and any of the other five as the extra forwards...