• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2018 Prospects Watch

Rate this topic

Wings impressed with Hronek in a league that demands patience with young defensemen [MiHockey]

For the most part, he played top-four minutes, including power-play time, in each and every stretch with the team this season. In fact, he averaged 19:57 per game, including 1:41 on the man advantage and 1:10 on the penalty kill.

But especially when Nick Jensen was moved to Washington near the trade deadline, it opened up more ice time. Hronek learned how to adapt to the NHL game, and he also left a positive impression on the coaching staff in the process.

“He earned our trust prior to the trade deadline when Jensen was moved,” Wings coach Jeff Blashill told the media in March. “He’s done a real good job. Some of it is learning through trial and error, but he’s done a real good job.

“He’s proving himself and looks for sure [to be] a top-four defenseman in this league, and that’s great for our organization.”

[ . . . ] Hronek even fared well analytically among Wings defenders at 5-on-5 (with more than 700 minutes TOI), ranking second in Corsi percentage and High-Danger Scoring Chances Against per 60 minutes (HDCA/60) only to the departed Jensen–meaning he allowed the second fewest HDCA of all Wings blue liners.

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

McIsaac expected to undergo shoulder surgery today. Out for the next 5-6 months...

Word on the street is he played hurt for much of the season.

Not sure I'm a fan of that. Not sure I'm a fan of that at all.

On 6/6/2019 at 6:18 PM, Dabura said:

Word on the street is he played hurt for much of the season.

Not sure I'm a fan of that. Not sure I'm a fan of that at all.

It means he's a tough mammer jammer in the mold of Kronwall or Zetterberg. I want a guy with that kind of desire to play and will power.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

13 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

It means he's a tough mammer jammer in the mold of Kronwall or Zetterberg. I want a guy with that kind of desire to play and will power.

I want a guy with that kind of desire to play and willpower but I also want a guy who picks his battles.

Go all-out in pursuit of the Stanley Cup. The CHL championship? When you're eyeing an NHL roster spot next season? I dunno.

I'm assuming the Wings knew all about it and were comfortable with the way everything was being handled. If so, fine.

27 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I want a guy with that kind of desire to play and willpower but I also want a guy who picks his battles.

Go all-out in pursuit of the Stanley Cup. The CHL championship? When you're eyeing an NHL roster spot next season? I dunno.

I'm assuming the Wings knew all about it and were comfortable with the way everything was being handled. If so, fine.

I think its one of those deals where he cant make the injury any worse by playing, and delaying the surgery doesnt push the recovery time into next season. If thats the case, then whatevs.

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I think its one of those deals where he cant make the injury any worse by playing, and delaying the surgery doesnt push the recovery time into next season. If thats the case, then whatevs.

Yeah, I'm guessing that's what's up.

11 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Unfortunately, the recovery timeframe is 5-6 months, which does push into next year. He was most likely going back to JR anyway though, so it doesn't really matter, assuming he wasn't making it worse by playing. 

1 hour ago, Buppy said:

Unfortunately, the recovery timeframe is 5-6 months, which does push into next year. He was most likely going back to JR anyway though, so it doesn't really matter, assuming he wasn't making it worse by playing. 

Thanks for that. Guess he was missing part of a season anyway no matter what and they felt the timing was better this way. its disappointing that he wont be at training camp tho.

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Trouba-McIsaac

Hronek-Cholowski

Bowey-Broberg

Lindstrom

All we need to do is start shedding Kronwall, Green, Daley, Ericsson, and DeKeyser.  Not against keeping DeKeyser around at 4 mil per or less.  But 5+ is too much for 15 pts a year.

Kronwall is already gone. Green, Daley and Ericsson all have contracts ending next year. The shedding will do itself. 

Things are looking up, gentlemen. 

13 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Kronwall is already gone. Green, Daley and Ericsson all have contracts ending next year. The shedding will do itself. 

Things are looking up, gentlemen. 

Exactly.  And now that Holland is gone, the Cleary and Miller type deals should go away.

I know this is a Red Wings prospect thread, but without looking for the 2018 draft thread, I thought I'd bring this little laugh in here to lighten up our off season!  The Blue jackets have a signed prospect drafted in the 7th round, a G named Shamil Shamakov, he plays for  Sibirskie Snaipery Novosiborsk. I love it! it has Laverne and Shirley written all over it! So in your best version of the L&S opening sing it with me!

"Shamil! Shabakov! Sibirski Snaipery Novosiborsk!"

Edited by LeftWinger