• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2018 Prospects Watch

Rate this topic

Veleno made his season debut tonight, and Drummondville stomped Shawinigan 12-1. Unfortunately, Joe was only in on two of the twelve goals scored with a goal and an assist, but hey, it's a start. So, through one game, he's on a 2 PTS/G pace, and I fully expect him to continue that pace through the full season.

McIsaac is still out with injury.

Zadina is pointless through the Griffins' first two games. He says he doesn't like playing hockey anymore and he thinks trying to fill the net with pucks is pointless because ultimately we're all gonna die and rot in the ground.

Kid is blackpilled as f*** right now. it only took the Wings a few months to totally break him. Sad!

9 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Zadina is pointless through the Griffins' first two games. He says he doesn't like playing hockey anymore and he thinks trying to fill the net with pucks is pointless because ultimately we're all gonna die and rot in the ground.

Kid is blackpilled as f*** right now. it only took the Wings a few months to totally break him. Sad!

Just to put this in perspective for everyone (because LGWs has been known to lose it over small sample sizes) only three Griffins players have 1pt each in this two game start to th season. The team has only scored 1 goal. 

25 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Just to put this in perspective for everyone (because LGWs has been known to lose it over small sample sizes) only three Griffins players have 1pt each in this two game start to th season. The team has only scored 1 goal. 

Also, Zadina was involved in that one goal (getting the 3rd assist...). I will say though, Zadina didn't look great in either of the first two games. I think he'll be fine, but it's going to take him a bit of time to get up to speed of the pro game. Not as easy as the kid thought it was going to be...

4 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

I just noticed that David Pope hasn't played in either game for Grand Rapids.

I watched both Griffins games and I didn't even notice... He had such an awful training camp / pre-season that he's kind of fallen off the radar. I thought he'd come in and possibly steal a spot in the Red Wings' bottom six, but he can't even crack the Griffins' bottom six... He had a solid finish to his college career, but at 24 years old, I don't expect he'll ever become an impact player in the NHL... Maybe he figures it out, but I have my doubts.

Veleno has 7 points (3 goals, 4 assists) in 5 games so far this season. 1.4 points per game, which ranks him 18th in the league. Assuming he remains healthy, I fully expect him to be in the top 5 in scoring by the end of the season. He's also averaging 5.8 shots per game and 2.4 high danger shots per game.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Veleno has 7 points (3 goals, 4 assists) in 5 games so far this season. 1.4 points per game, which ranks him 18th in the league. Assuming he remains healthy, I fully expect him to be in the top 5 in scoring by the end of the season. He's also averaging 5.8 shots per game and 2.4 high danger shots per game.

Not to get all poopy but...

Doesn't, like, even the goalie coach's uncle score at a 1.4 PPG rate in the Q? 7 in 5 isn't even eye-catching in the W, let alone the Q. 

41 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Doesn't, like, even the goalie coach's uncle score at a 1.4 PPG rate in the Q? 7 in 5 isn't even eye-catching in the W, let alone the Q. 

Except 1.4 PPG is good enough for 18th. If what you say is true, he would be like 118th in scoring. So yeah, ur being poopy.

16 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Except 1.4 PPG is good enough for 18th. If what you say is true, he would be like 118th in scoring. So yeah, ur being poopy.

Being 18th in scoring in the Q as a 19 year old isn't enough to excite me. Sorry. 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Being 18th in scoring in the Q as a 19 year old isn't enough to excite me. Sorry. 

He's still 18. And if he continues at this pace, his numbers will the highest they've been in juniors. That means he's improving, getting better. That's all you can ask for at this point in his career. Guys have put up way better numbers in juniors and never amounted to anything at the NHL level. Not everyone is a Sidney Crosby.

13 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He's still 18. And if he continues at this pace, his numbers will the highest they've been in juniors. That means he's improving, getting better. That's all you can ask for at this point in his career. Guys have put up way better numbers in juniors and never amounted to anything at the NHL level. Not everyone is a Sidney Crosby.

I'm not arguing these facts. Just saying that I'm not geeking on Veleno yet. That's all. 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I didn't say it was "eye-catching", just giving an update on one of our top prospects... If he finishes the season at 1.4 points per game, I would be mildly disappointed. Not because that would be a bad season (because it's not at all), but because like I said, I expect him to finish top 5 in scoring, which would likely put him at 1.6 - 1.8 points per game. 

He is 18th in league scoring, and some of the 17 ahead of him have played a couple good games, but will likely finish much lower on the leader board. 

36 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

He's still 18 for another 3 months.

18 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'm not arguing these facts. Just saying that I'm not geeking on Veleno yet. That's all. 

I really think you should get on board. Veleno is the real deal.

I'm not going to put this in the predictions thread, but here's my Veleno prediction...

Veleno - 64 GP - 39 G - 68 A - 107 PTS

40 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I didn't say it was "eye-catching", just giving an update on one of our top prospects... If he finishes the season at 1.4 points per game, I would be mildly disappointed. Not because that would be a bad season (because it's not at all), but because like I said, I expect him to finish top 5 in scoring, which would likely put him at 1.6 - 1.8 points per game. 

He is 18th in league scoring, and some of the 17 ahead of him have played a couple good games, but will likely finish much lower on the leader board. 

He's still 18 for another 3 months.

I really think you should get on board. Veleno is the real deal.

I'm not going to put this in the predictions thread, but here's my Veleno prediction...

Veleno - 64 GP - 39 G - 68 A - 107 PTS

No!

I'm sick of getting excited about prospects only to watch them under achieve. 

I'm taking a different approach. 

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

No!

I'm sick of getting excited about prospects only to watch them under achieve. 

I'm taking a different approach. 

So you can be pleasantly surprised? F*** that! I'm all about hyping these kids to the max. If they don't pan out. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted...

Veleno WILL pan out though...

Future 2C.

28 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Agreed.  He's the real deal.

LOL

Like you'd know.

31 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

So you can be pleasantly surprised? F*** that! I'm all about hyping these kids to the max. If they don't pan out. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted...

Veleno WILL pan out though...

Future 2C.

Great. We'll have four of them :lol:

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Larkin

Rasmussen

Veleno

AA? 

Don't quote me on four. 

Anyway, if V ends up being a legit 2C then great. 

Larkin - 1C.

Rasmussen - 2W

Veleno - 2C

Athanasiou - 2C? 2W? 3C? 3W?

Center depth is never a bad thing...

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Larkin - 1C.

Rasmussen - 2W

Veleno - 2C

Athanasiou - 2C? 2W? 3C? 3W?

Center depth is never a bad thing...

Never on a true contender. Sorry to say.

Unless this team is lights out everywhere else. 

I know LGWs have debated Larkin 's ceiling ad nauseum.

Last night I watched Mathews and Tavares play. And then this team. Etc.

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Never on a true contender. Sorry to say.

Unless this team is lights out everywhere else. 

I know LGWs have debated Larkin 's ceiling ad nauseum.

Last night I watched Mathews and Tavares play. And then this team. Etc.

What is a true contender? One player doesn't make or break a team. Is he on the level of a Crosby, McDavid or Matthews? Of course not. Is he a 1C? I think so. He's still only 22 years old and will likely be a 70 point player during his prime years. He's becoming more defensively responsible, improving on faceoffs. I think Larkin absolutely has what it takes to be a legit number one center in today's NHL.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What is a true contender? One player doesn't make or break a team. Is he on the level of a Crosby, McDavid or Matthews? Of course not. Is he a 1C? I think so. He's still only 22 years old and will likely be a 70 point player during his prime years. He's becoming more defensively responsible, improving on faceoffs. I think Larkin absolutely has what it takes to be a legit number one center in today's NHL.

Fine! Then he needs better wingers