• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2018 Prospects Watch

Rate this topic

Something to add to the Hughes convo. After Petterson got manhandled into Concussionville by Matheson last week, the goons on Sportsnet (Kypreos and Shannon) were speculating that Hughes may not make the immediate leap into the NHL. Because of his size. Because he's really small. And someone might kill him. Because he's not big. Size. Food for thought.  

51 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Crosby straight up?

Sure, let's trade an 18 year old stud for a few good years of Crosby... We're rebuilding. Not even 32 year old Crosby could get this team over the hump right now. Dumb trade. The only players you trade a player like Hughes for "straight up" are the ones that aren't getting moved (McDavid, MacKinnon, Matthews, etc).

43 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Something to add to the Hughes convo. After Petterson got manhandled into Concussionville by Matheson last week, the goons on Sportsnet (Kypreos and Shannon) were speculating that Hughes may not make the immediate leap into the NHL. Because of his size. Because he's really small. And someone might kill him. Because he's not big. Size. Food for thought.  

Kypreos and Shannon are morons. Hughes would make any bottom feeder out of camp next season.

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Sure, let's trade an 18 year old stud for a few good years of Crosby... We're rebuilding. Not even 32 year old Crosby could get this team over the hump right now. Dumb trade. The only players you trade a player like Hughes for "straight up" are the ones that aren't getting moved (McDavid, MacKinnon, Matthews, etc).

Kypreos and Shannon are morons. Hughes would make any bottom feeder out of camp next season.

100% agree with the bold. And no doubt Hughes would make ANY team out of camp. The implication or working theory was that he and his family may chose to delay it a year in order for him to get bigger/stronger. 

I don't really buy it. Just throwing it out there. 

15 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm one of those people... But I'm okay with adding another left-handed winger if he's "elite" or a "franchise changing" winger. Hughes on Larkin's wing would be unreal. I'm not as worried about our center position, because I believe Larkin / Veleno will be a very solid 1-2 punch down the middle. 

Hughes - Larkin - Zadina

I want it.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I would love to have MacKinnon.  Can u get that deal done?

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I would love to have MacKinnon.  Can u get that deal done?

No. I'd trade Jack Hughes straight up for Nathan MacKinnon. Sakic "would never do it though"... 

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Laine, Trouba, two 1sts, two 2nds for Hughes.

:lol:

Rantanen, Makar, Ottawa's 2019 1st round pick, Colorado's 2019 1st and 2nd round picks.

Boeser, Virtanen, Juolevi, 2019 and 2020 1st round picks.

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You fall for it every single time.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Laine, Trouba, two 1sts, two 2nds for Hughes.

I wouldn't trade Laine alone for Hughes.

On 10/23/2018 at 4:11 PM, kipwinger said:

Jared McIsaac has 7 points in 7 games including 3 goals.  So that's a kinda positive development for a 2nd rounder. 

His teammate, Lavoie, is 2019 draft eligible and would be a great early 2nd rounder or with one of our later 1st round (hopefully) picks acquired. 18 points in 13 games, not too shabby! Plus Zadina is also a former teammate of these two. Zadina - AA - Lavoie! Nice! :lol: Getting ahead of myself, sorry!

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

His teammate, Lavoie, is 2019 draft eligible and would be a great early 2nd rounder or with one of our later 1st round (hopefully) picks acquired. 18 points in 13 games, not too shabby! Plus Zadina is also a former teammate of these two. Zadina - AA - Lavoie! Nice! :lol: Getting ahead of myself, sorry!

image.png.1b3b9993e770bbf844593af91faf4320.png

We doan wan no stinky rot handers.

6 hours ago, TimeBinder said:

Anyone see zadina play?  Is he just having a tough time adjusting to the AHL?  Looking poor in the game reports.

I think it's just slower than people expected, but not really unusual. I've watched most of the games and he just looks like a young kid not used to playing with big boys at the moment. You can still see the upside pretty evidently IMO. 

I'm not concerned yet, I'll re-evaluate my opinion later in the season once he gets plenty more looks.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

Srsly tho. I ain't even mad. In fact, I'm becoming increasingly zen about this whole rebuild thing. I've accepted that this is probably going to be a long rebuild. I've accepted that we probably don't have a single future top-tier NHLer in the system right now. I've accepted that even if we get Jack Hughes, we probably still don't have the talent needed for perennial contention.

We are hardcore basement.

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Srsly tho. I ain't even mad. In fact, I'm becoming increasingly zen about this whole rebuild thing. I've accepted that this is probably going to be a long rebuild. I've accepted that we probably don't have a single future top-tier NHLer in the system right now. I've accepted that even if we get Jack Hughes, we probably still don't have the talent needed for perennial contention.

We are hardcore basement.

Ha ha me too

236749932074212.png?r1024x1024