krsmith17

2018-19 Season Lines Thread

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

*X-Files theme plays*

I-Want-To-Believe-Poster-X-files-Mulders

OK. So. Here's the roster as it stands right now:

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/300568556/binary-file/file.pdf

13 F (not counting Svechnikov) + 7 D (not counting Green, who's reportedly weeks away from being ready) + 2 G = 22 players. Add Svechnikov and we have 14 forwards and 23 players. All of which is to say: It seems like Svechnikov has indeed made the team.

On the other hand, Daley and Kronwall and Ericsson are listed on that roster and it sounds like at least two of them won't be playing Thursday. So...I dunno. More moves coming?

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

So Sulak made it over Hicketts and Hronek? Ehn and Svechnikov made it over Witkowski? Good things are happening!

Svech is on IR. We won't know if he actually made it until he's healthy. Given the state of our defense, I wouldn't be surprised if we carry 8 D. I also think our young D generally looked better than our young forwards.

While I don't think Ehn is someone we need to worry about wasting in the pressbox, it still makes little sense to have him on the team if he isn't going to play regularly. I'd prefer Svech (or better yet, Zadina) over Ehn, though I'm not sure either of them would have a suitable role. 

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Get em'

He knows he done wrong

Nah, there's no "get em" left in me. We'll just have people posting the same stuff in two different threads. It doesn't matter. We'll still enjoy reading post in each one as we do in all of them!

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

I-Want-To-Believe-Poster-X-files-Mulders

OK. So. Here's the roster as it stands right now:

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/300568556/binary-file/file.pdf

13 F (not counting Svechnikov) + 7 D (not counting Green, who's reportedly weeks away from being ready) + 2 G = 22 players. Add Svechnikov and we have 14 forwards and 23 players. All of which is to say: It seems like Svechnikov has indeed made the team.

On the other hand, Daley and Kronwall and Ericsson are listed on that roster and it sounds like at least two of them won't be playing Thursday. So...I dunno. More moves coming?

Hronek and Hicketts are "paper" moves. THey can be sent down anytime within 30 days of being reassigned I believe. They'll be on the roster and playing opening night because of injury. All of E, Daley,and Green should be back before the 30 days, and then H & H will be sent to GR. Unless this only works for waiver eligible players like Booth last year.

Also, are Z and Franzen still considered on the roster? They can't be put on LTIR until the first day of the season right?

So I am guessing that H & H were reassigned on paper to GR due to roster limits and then will be called up on paper after Z and Franzen are placed on LTIR? Right?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

So how do I get a job where I get to sit on my butt at Red Wings practices and report who the line combos/defense pairing are and get paid for it?

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Howard bashing is always popular with the kids too

Mrazek praise fell out of style quick...

I wouldnt consider Jonas a kid.

47 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Hronek and Hicketts are "paper" moves. THey can be sent down anytime within 30 days of being reassigned I believe. They'll be on the roster and playing opening night because of injury. All of E, Daley,and Green should be back before the 30 days, and then H & H will be sent to GR. Unless this only works for waiver eligible players like Booth last year.

Also, are Z and Franzen still considered on the roster? They can't be put on LTIR until the first day of the season right?

So I am guessing that H & H were reassigned on paper to GR due to roster limits and then will be called up on paper after Z and Franzen are placed on LTIR? Right?

This s*** is so confusing. I wish I had a better handle on it. But what you're saying makes sense. I think. Maybe. I guess.

The thought of three or four rookie defensemen being in the lineup on opening night makes me want to laugh maniacally.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

This s*** is so confusing. I wish I had a better handle on it. But what you're saying makes sense. I think. Maybe. I guess.

The thought of three or four rookie defensemen being in the lineup on opening night makes me want to laugh maniacally.

Yeah baybee, chaos mode engaged, lets do this

20 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

(I don't think they make very much money)

And "journalists" are still way overpaid.

15 minutes ago, Dabura said:

That's eprime's avatar.