• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jonas Mahonas

10/4 GDT - Red Wings vs Blue Jackets - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Positives, Jimmy was pretty much awesome. Cholowski first goal. 

Negatives, we lost, got outshot 2 to 1, our coach is still a jackwagon. Team looked flat and unenergized, even Vanek seemed to float a bit. 

It's gonna be a long season. 

I'd add Athanasiou's poor showing on the list of negatives. I've got high hopes for him this year, that's definitely not what I was hoping to see. 

Just now, Dabura said:

Let's talk about how all of the lower bowl seats were empty at the start of OT. Good Lord.

Hard to blame the fans.  They don't know any of the players, the team has missed the playoffs the last two years, they brought back the same coach and GM, and most of the players are young upstarts that would be lucky to make any other team's roster.  

2 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Hard to blame the fans.  They don't know any of the players, the team has missed the playoffs the last two years, they brought back the same coach and GM, and most of the players are young upstarts that would be lucky to make any other team's roster.  

I say a coaching change alone would be a vast improvement.

1 minute ago, GMRwings1983 said:

This isn't something that is new. This was happening in the last few years of the Joe as well.

When it was happening at the Joe, people said "It's the big company's that buy up all the lower bowl seats".

Now it's "People are just enjoying the new sights".

Both are bull. I've been to many games, and it's simply not true. Ton's of fan leave after the 1st and don't ever come back. Winning or losing.

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

I say a coaching change alone would be a vast improvement.

I disagree. I like are compete level, the players are buying into the process. Glendening in an elite athlete which is why he was out in OT. He is a smart hockey player. I am a big believer in the process

Daley was trash on that final goal. Glen stayed with his man and Daley gave him 15 feet of space. That was one of the worst played games i've seen in a long time. What a mess. No passing, No flow...by both teams 

5 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Oh I don't blame the fans at all. I'm just kinda surprised the Wings haven't done a better job of masking the problem. Then again, I'm not really sure how they'd go about doing that. Photoshop? Green screen? Bribery?

Just now, Dabura said:

This is gonna be a long season, isn't it.

I don't mind us being bad this year as long as the right people are good.  I'm genuinely pretty happy with our kids.  In this game I need to see more out of Mantha, AA, Vanek, and Neilsen in particular.  I thought the kids were as good as they should be and I liked the veteran grinders.  Our scorers didn't exist tonight. 

7 minutes ago, xault said:

This isn't something that is new. This was happening in the last few years of the Joe as well.

When it was happening at the Joe, people said "It's the big company's that buy up all the lower bowl seats".

Now it's "People are just enjoying the new sights".

Both are bull. I've been to many games, and it's simply not true. Ton's of fan leave after the 1st and don't ever come back. Winning or losing.

Sounds like a waste of money..