• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Jonas Mahonas

10/4 GDT - Red Wings vs Blue Jackets - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Waiting on my Death Wish coffee to brew and going to have 1 eye on the clock and 1 eye on work. For some reason I am HYPED about seeing what the kids do. I think we see some great plays and some WTF were you thinking plays this year. But I see it all as growth for the next couple of years and seeing the Winged Wheel back in the limelight!!!

 

 

 

cup2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for back to back posts but as I drink said coffee and read this from mlive

https://www.mlive.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/10/e135893ba23863/red-wings-younger-faster-more.html#incart_river_index

"The Detroit Red Wings will start the season with 11 players under the age of 25, six of whom qualify as rookies, including five who have yet to appear in an NHL game."

We got real young real quick....

I have decided I need to go on ebay/amazon and find a seat belt for my recliner as we are definitely going to experience some turbulence this year.....LGRW!!

Now back to work ...sigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Sorry for back to back posts but as I drink said coffee and read this from mlive

https://www.mlive.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/10/e135893ba23863/red-wings-younger-faster-more.html#incart_river_index

"The Detroit Red Wings will start the season with 11 players under the age of 25, six of whom qualify as rookies, including five who have yet to appear in an NHL game."

We got real young real quick....

I have decided I need to go on ebay/amazon and find a seat belt for my recliner as we are definitely going to experience some turbulence this year.....LGRW!!

Now back to work ...sigh

Hey, might as well throw them in the fire.  They'll either get burnt or they'll step up.  Here's to stepping up though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Sorry for back to back posts but as I drink said coffee and read this from mlive

https://www.mlive.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/10/e135893ba23863/red-wings-younger-faster-more.html#incart_river_index

"The Detroit Red Wings will start the season with 11 players under the age of 25, six of whom qualify as rookies, including five who have yet to appear in an NHL game."

We got real young real quick....

I have decided I need to go on ebay/amazon and find a seat belt for my recliner as we are definitely going to experience some turbulence this year.....LGRW!!

Now back to work ...sigh

Next season's roster will likely be MUCH younger as well, with the subtractions of Kronwall (37), Vanek (34), Nyquist (29), Witkowski (28), Jensen (28), Howard (34) and potentially even one of Ericsson (34), Daley (34) or Green (32) and / or one of Helm (31) or Glendening (29)... And the additions of Zadina (19), Veleno (19), Jack Hughes (18) HYPE!!! and maybe Turgeon (23) and / or Smith (21)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Next season's roster will likely be MUCH younger as well, with the subtractions of Kronwall (37), Vanek (34), Nyquist (29), Witkowski (28), Jensen (28), Howard (34) and potentially even one of Ericsson (34), Daley (34) or Green (32) and / or one of Helm (31) or Glendening (29)... And the additions of Zadina (19), Veleno (19), Jack Hughes (18) HYPE!!! and maybe Turgeon (23) and / or Smith (21)...

I haven't mentioned Ken Holland in 2 weeks.  Looks like our GM may have turned the corner finally.  Was expecting Miller, Brunner, Samuelsson, and Cleary to be brought back to fill the holes.  Got the kids.  Super stoked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

That's not the official rosters for tonight's game. That's the entire active rosters (14 and 7). We will likely dress the usual 12 and 6 tonight. My guess is Witkowski, Frk and one of Hicketts / Hronek will be scratched.

True.

Ken Kal is Fake News. SAD!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

That's not the official rosters for tonight's game. That's the entire active rosters (14 and 7). We will likely dress the usual 12 and 6 tonight. My guess is Witkowski, Frk and one of Hicketts / Hronek will be scratched.

Ebenezer, good morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this weird feeling this season could go better than expected. 

 

I could also see it being a huge dumpster fire in every way, complete with a last minute push to send us strutting into 7th from bottom to screw up our high draft pick chances again.

 

But in any event, I’m excited for hockey again!

Edited by gcom007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fixed the OP, let's stick to the normal format now that the regular season has officially begun. I've been on a stretch of a few weeks of work without an off day, but have this weekend off and will likely come up with a proper GDT to post up next week. In the meantime, thanks to you guys for posting this up and keeping our GDTs going.

Season starts tonight, let's get things back on track on the forums, keep discussions on topic, be excellent to each other, and LGW!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Fixed the OP, let's stick to the normal format now that the regular season has officially begun. I've been on a stretch of a few weeks of work without an off day, but have this weekend off and will likely come up with a proper GDT to post up next week. In the meantime, thanks to you guys for posting this up and keeping our GDTs going.

Season starts tonight, let's get things back on track on the forums, keep discussions on topic, be excellent to each other, and LGW!

Can we still have hype?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Waiting on my Death Wish coffee to brew and going to have 1 eye on the clock and 1 eye on work. For some reason I am HYPED about seeing what the kids do. I think we see some great plays and some WTF were you thinking plays this year. But I see it all as growth for the next couple of years and seeing the Winged Wheel back in the limelight!!!

 

 

 

cup2.jpg

Same here - looking forward to seeing what the 'kids' can do.

I'd much rather watch a bad team with youth, and speed instead of watching a bad team that can't skate, or pass outta their own end of the ice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now