• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

OT Lines Thread

Rate this topic

43 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Blaming Blashill for the lose on Thursday is dumb. Cheap. Base mentality. 

This team got annihilated in every way. Except goaltending and even then their guy made the saves when it counted. 

It's almost like they were playing a team 3-4 years further into a build. 

We should be thanking Blashill and Howard for the 1PT. 

Just to be clear, I'm not blaming Blashill for the loss, just saying that Glendening shouldn't be on the ice 3-on-3. The faceoff argument is dumb to me.

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Just to be clear, I'm not blaming Blashill for the loss, just saying that Glendening shouldn't be on the ice 3-on-3. The faceoff argument is dumb to me.

I am going to disagree with this. In 3 on 3, puck possession is way more critical. In a face-off situation, you get puck possession by winning the face-off. It's true that winning the face-off isn't a high percentage (like a lot of things in hockey), but if you want your best chance, you put out the guy who gives you that. Unfortunately he got tossed and they lost the draw. Could have had a completely different out come if he wins that face-off. Also, it's just as likely that someone else gets put out there instead, they still lose the draw and Panarin still scores. Having Glendening on the ice had nothing to do with that Panarin goal from what I saw, other than he didn't win the draw because he got tossed,and that could have still happened with Larkin, AA, or anyone else out there instead.

29 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

And I'm just saying that the whole point of this thread was to rake Blashill's ballz over the coals. 

Complaining about OT lines on this team after a totally pathetic game on Thursday is like sending a dirty fork back to the kitchen on the Titanic. 

But, then again, JoMa was able to stir up the troll juice. So mission accomplished I suppose. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

Meh, I don't see the harm in discussing OT lines. I do agree though that Blash gets far too much of the blame placed on him.

The only real complaint I have with Blashill is that I wish he would form lines and stick with them for longer than a period or two. Players need more than a few shifts to create chemistry. He's way too quick to haul out the blender in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Meh, I don't see the harm in discussing OT lines. I do agree though that Blash gets far too much of the blame placed on him.

The only real complaint I have with Blashill is that I wish he would form lines and stick with them for longer than a period or two. Players need more than a few shifts to create chemistry. He's way too quick to haul out the blender in my opinion.

Agree with this.  I was excited last year when Blash announced AA-Larkin-Mantha was going to be a thing.  Then 2 shifts into the game, he abandons it.  It's annoying.

53 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

And I'm just saying that the whole point of this thread was to rake Blashill's ballz over the coals. 

Complaining about OT lines on this team after a totally pathetic game on Thursday is like sending a dirty fork back to the kitchen on the Titanic. 

But, then again, JoMa was able to stir up the troll juice. So mission accomplished I suppose. 

You really feel like we got beat that bad?  Giving up a lot of shots is not a big deal if they are low quality shots.  The fact that no one is singing Howard's praises right now leads me to believe we were on the receiving end of what Babcock used to do with the Wings.  I remember us pitting 51 shots on Tim Thomas and Boston one game just to lose 2-1.  Truth is that Howard stopped a lot of non-threateninh shots.  The team is brand new, so I don't know why anyone would be expecting us to dominate puck possession.  Don't think that will happen until at least 2021 when we have some seasoning to our D.  

Anyway, cheer up.  We almost won the damn game!  Against a good team.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You really feel like we got beat that bad?  Giving up a lot of shots is not a big deal if they are low quality shots.  The fact that no one is singing Howard's praises right now leads me to believe we were on the receiving end of what Babcock used to do with the Wings.  I remember us pitting 51 shots on Tim Thomas and Boston one game just to lose 2-1.  Truth is that Howard stopped a lot of non-threateninh shots.  The team is brand new, so I don't know why anyone would be expecting us to dominate puck possession.  Don't think that will happen until at least 2021 when we have some seasoning to our D.  

Anyway, cheer up.  We almost won the damn game!  Against a good team.

Howard had a good game, kept us in it imo.

38 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

What did that actually accomplish though? 

In that game? Nothing... In future games? Maybe a win...

We were actually playing to win that game rather than playing not to lose. Call me crazy, but I like that strategy a little better. You should always win or lose with your best players in my opinion.

20 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

In that game? Nothing... In future games? Maybe a win...

We were actually playing to win that game rather than playing not to lose. Call me crazy, but I like that strategy a little better. You should always win or lose with your best players in my opinion.

You're crazy! :lol: