• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

10/7 GDT - Red Wings @ Kings - 10:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

A little bit of sour grapes, but on the net off goal. One replay they showed later made it look like it went off the inside of the post and in.... how could they tell with the angle of the net being off it would go in?? I know its a refs call but it was not like it was in the middle of the net.

5 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I'm more excited about Cholowski than I should be, I know better from the past but the senseless fan is pumped. 

Same.

I liked the effort tonight. It was an entertaining game. Wings held their own and looked like the better team for stretches of the game. I'm ok with losses like this one.

Night, fam. Seeya tomorrow. Or, um, later today.

37 minutes ago, brett said:

cholo with 2 assist

safe to say we won the datsyuk trade yet? not in chychrun shadow anymore

I hope so! I was so against it at the time, hope I was wrong. I will then worship Kenny forever!!!!

2 hours ago, kjw25 said:

It's great Abdelkator is getting 17 minutes a game. He is clearly our best player!!! 

There have been many, many nights to complain about Blashill's usage over the past few years (including Thursday night). Last night was not one of them though. Our 4 best forwards (Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou and Nyquist) all had 18-20 minutes, and our 4th line (Glendening, Helm and Ehn) all had under 10 minutes. Our best defenseman (Cholowski) also lead the team with nearly 25 minutes. As a result, we carried the play for most of the night.

DeKeyser has been much better these first two games. Jensen played really well, and showed why he should be in the lineup every night. Cholowski continues to impress. Hronek has been playing better. Sulak was good and bad.

If Ehn is going to stay up can we please move him up to the 3rd line and have Abdelkader down to the 4th with Helm and Glen. One of the keys to this season is going to be Kenny's ability to move Helm or Abdlekader at the deadline which probably will never happen because both have been here forever and Abby is from Michigan. Love these guys, love what they've done for the franchise but neither of them are very good. 

4 minutes ago, puckbags said:

If Ehn is going to stay up can we please move him up to the 3rd line and have Abdelkader down to the 4th with Helm and Glen. One of the keys to this season is going to be Kenny's ability to move Helm or Abdlekader at the deadline which probably will never happen because both have been here forever and Abby is from Michigan. Love these guys, love what they've done for the franchise but neither of them are very good. 

I think (hope) Ehn will be sent down when Svechnikov is healthy. I agree about having Abdelkader - Helm - Glendening as our 4th line, but I disagree that they're "not very good". All three a very good penalty killers, and in a limited role (8-12 minutes a night), can help the team win games. Sure, they're overpaid, but who cares? We'll have a ton of players on ELC's over the next several years, and we don't need the cap space. If a team is inquiring about either of them, I'd trade them (and call up Turgeon), but I don't think it's a must to ship any of them out right away.

8 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

There have been many, many nights to complain about Blashill's usage over the past few years (including Thursday night). Last night was not one of them though. Our 4 best forwards (Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou and Nyquist) all had 18-20 minutes, and our 4th line (Glendening, Helm and Ehn) all had under 10 minutes. Our best defenseman (Cholowski) also lead the team with nearly 25 minutes. As a result, we carried the play for most of the night.

DeKeyser has been much better these first two games. Jensen played really well, and showed why he should be in the lineup every night. Cholowski continues to impress. Hronek has been playing better. Sulak was good and bad.

Agreed. You don't just give out ice time based on point totals. Sometimes lesser players work better with certain skill guys. When skill guys time goes up, his linemates' time goes up. You don't slot your forwards 1-12 based on who is your first thru 12th best F. That reminds of the old NHL videos games, when they auto-slotted guys on the rosters based on their overall skill numbers.