• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

10/8 GDT - Red Wings @ Ducks - 10:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

God I love 3 v 3. Please, please make it 10 minutes next season. It's so damn exciting.

That’d be great. You’d never see a shootout 

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sure we lost, but let's look at the big picture... we tried our best and we're all still friends, that's enough for me?

Gonna be a long, long season. 

10 hours ago, RedWingsRox said:

Which is worst, the Wings of the 70's or the Wings over these last few years?  

Definitely The Wings of the last few years. At least the 70's teams had 4-5 fights a night to keep the crowd entertained. This team is about as exciting as ice dancing. And with a lot less contact involved.

31 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Jack Hughes.

Keep your eyes on the prize.

The Rangers are shamelessly tanking it hard, I mean when you send out a letter to your fans telling them as much. It's a little transparent. I hope they get shafted in the lottery. 

22 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Maybe we will win a game next week. :lol:

Not a bad game, Anaheim missing their top 3 forwards and still beat us, but eh. 

Til next time LGW!

This is exactly what I was thinking heading into this game.  This isn't even Anaheim, but unfortunately for us this IS the wings.  Weve looked ok at times the past two games but our forward core really does suck at generating any sustained offence.  Our young D core has some things to work out but they look good, Cholowski looks like a step in the right direction to me...Here's hoping they can pull together a win soon time!

2 hours ago, 13dangledangle said:

This is exactly what I was thinking heading into this game.  This isn't even Anaheim, but unfortunately for us this IS the wings.  Weve looked ok at times the past two games but our forward core really does suck at generating any sustained offence.  Our young D core has some things to work out but they look good, Cholowski looks like a step in the right direction to me...Here's hoping they can pull together a win soon time!

Im with you. Im a bit over the whole were stacked at forward and decimated at D narrative as of these first few games.

I see a team that can defend okish, tranisition the puck up the ice okish, but cannot sustain any pressure in the O zone whatsoever. Its pathetic and boring hockey.

I offer no solutions to this, only complaints. Perhaps weve overestimated the talent and potential of some of our forwards.

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Im with you. Im a bit over the whole were stacked at forward and decimated at D narrative as of these first few games.

I see a team that can defend okish, tranisition the puck up the ice okish, but cannot sustain any pressure in the O zone whatsoever. Its pathetic and boring hockey.

I offer no solutions to this, only complaints. Perhaps weve overestimated the talent and potential of some of our forwards.

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

A new coach would go a long way to fix that

14 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah. Perhaps (d'uhhhhh)

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

A new coach would go a long way to fix that

A new coach would all of a sudden change the skill level of forwards?  Yes, it's Blashill's fault this team doesn't have a Mathews, Laine, McDavid, Eichel, Hall, Kucherov, MacInnon, Kane, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, etc etc etc etc etc

I say, a continuation of hard-core losing, trading, and good drafting over the next 2-3 years is the real answer to that problem. But, keep banging that drum all you want..........

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

How many times do I have to say it?  Abdelkader, Nielsen, and Nyquist SUCK.  These guys have ZERO pace.  Sure, Nyquist scores 40 pts when he gets 19 minutes, 1st unit pp time, and a hall of fame center.  BFD.  So does every NHL player.  Phil Kessel gets 70-80 pts and is a constant scoring threat.  That's what we need.  Hopefully, this is our last season of watching #14.  I'm ready for #11 now.

Maybe Gus needs to go on a hot dog diet?

22 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yeah. Perhaps (d'uhhhhh)

A new coach would all of a sudden change the skill level of forwards?  Yes, it's Blashill's fault this team doesn't have a Mathews, Laine, McDavid, Eichel, Hall, Kucherov, MacInnon, Kane, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, etc etc etc etc etc

I say, a continuation of hard-core losing, trading, and good drafting over the next 2-3 years is the real answer to that problem. But, keep banging that drum all you want..........

Half the problems are system related and non existent in game adjustments by Blashill.  Same as every year he's been coach

22 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Agree with you 100%. Try replacing your direct boss' new hire that he put under you with your guy and see what happens.  

Ken: We just signed Abdelkader for 4 mil per.  

Jeff: I'm going to play Turgeon instead.

Ken: Please welcome our new interim coach, Kris Draper.

Kris: Hi, I'm Buhkwheet, Uhmemba meee?

Holland doesn't pull that, it's one of the few things I still like about him.  And he doesn't have to bench Abdelkader, just play him on a checking line 

13 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Half the problems are system related and non existent in game adjustments by Blashill.  Same as every year he's been coach

Holland doesn't pull that, it's one of the few things I still like about him.  And he doesn't have to bench Abdelkader, just play him on a checking line 

Disagree (more than usual)

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:26 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Perhaps its the off season or the beer, but before the season started I remember thinking how this team could offensively surprise a lot of people...THEN the season started, yes it's early but 4 losses in a row speaks volumes and I don't see it getting much better.  I also don't always appreciate how Blashill builds his lines, perhaps he could hire blueadams as his go to lines guy....