• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

P & H

Rate this topic

https://www.nhl.com/video/lindholm-ties-it-in-the-2nd/t-277350912/c-61707903

I wonder if Z would have tried to stick around longer if some of our guys were willing to hit and play the body more instead of poking and hoping.  Larkin does a good job of standing his man up.  But Mantha is a completely different story.  He's constantly jabbing and wishing.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

https://www.nhl.com/video/lindholm-ties-it-in-the-2nd/t-277350912/c-61707903

I wonder if Z would have tried to stick around longer if some of our guys were willing to hit and play the body more instead of poking and hoping.  Larkin does a good job of standing his man up.  But Mantha is a completely different story.  He's constantly jabbing and wishing.

Hate, hate the P & H

Yep, Mantha should be knocking guys on their asses. I’m hoping Rasmussen can contribute in that dept eventually too once he gets better accustomed to the NHL level game. Huge kid, Holland drafted him partly due to his size,use it.

That play was extremely troubling to me. 3rd season, 24 years old. I don't think he's ever going to get that part of the game and it's why he'll never be the driver of this bus - rather, just a passenger with a frustratingly monsterous and under-used frame and good scoring touch. And AA is even more of a bum. 

Not counting the rookies, Larkin is the only truly important piece of this young "core". I can feel it in my bones. 

Terrible play by Mantha. He thought he could cheat and poke the puck past Lindholm. He failed miserably. He knows he f***ed up. However, if he did get stick on puck there, he's on a breakaway from his own blueline, likely scores, and everyone is singing his praises. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, and the puck ended up in the back of our net. S*** happens...

People acting like this is a regular occurrence for him though, and he's "soft" or whatever, clearly haven't been paying attention. He leads all forwards with 7 hits through 3 games. He's been one of our better players, despite only registering one goal. He still has a lot more to give, and I'm sure he will.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Terrible play by Mantha. He thought he could cheat and poke the puck past Lindholm. He failed miserably. He knows he f***ed up. However, if he did get stick on puck there, he's on a breakaway from his own blueline, likely scores, and everyone is singing his praises. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, and the puck ended up in the back of our net. S*** happens...

People acting like this is a regular occurrence for him though, and he's "soft" or whatever, clearly haven't been paying attention. He leads all forwards with 7 hits through 3 games. He's been one of our better players, despite only registering one goal. He still has a lot more to give, and I'm sure he will.

I call him Antonia Womantha

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I've noticed this, some of them have been really heavy too. Was impressed with the way Larkin bodied off some people last game too, not so much "hits" but just the strength he showed on the puck seems much improved. 

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

That play was extremely troubling to me. 3rd season, 24 years old. I don't think he's ever going to get that part of the game and it's why he'll never be the driver of this bus - rather, just a passenger with a frustratingly monsterous and under-used frame and good scoring touch. And AA is even more of a bum. 

Not counting the rookies, Larkin is the only truly important piece of this young "core". I can feel it in my bones. 

I'd be lying if I said part of me hasn't been thinking this too, though the other part still remains pretty optimistic on Mantha. I'm less so on AA as each game passes, not seeing the strides I wanted outta him, though to be fair it's still such a small sample size of the new season. 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

We need him to use his big frame to stop attackers.  His poke and hope style just needs to be adjusted is all.

50 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I think Z started the term, not Blashilll.

It's been around for a while, actually, and it wasn't coined by a Red Wing. I'm not sure who coined it or when it was coined, but I definitely saw it used in reference to the pre-McDavid Oilers and the Carlyle-era Leafs.

On 10/10/2018 at 8:46 PM, Dabura said:

It's been around for a while, actually, and it wasn't coined by a Red Wing. I'm not sure who coined it or when it was coined, but I definitely saw it used in reference to the pre-McDavid Oilers and the Carlyle-era Leafs.

It didn't become a thing among Wings fans until Z said it last March? tho.