• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Mantha is Lazy and He Sucks

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Tied for 3rd on the team in hits. Tied for 2nd on the team in takeaways. Dudes truly invisible when he's not scoring. If he shrank by a foot It'd be cool thou. 

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Hey now, don't let facts get in the way of a good narrative...

So you guys are clearly in the "Mantha's playing well" camp? Noted. 

15 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

No. I think like most level headed fans, they're in the "let's not be an over the top pessimist camp", AKA realism.

I've never been an over the top pessimist. 

Also what you meant to say was:

- KRS is so pro Mantha that he refuses to acknowledge that he's playing like a frozen turd

- And CRL is just anti-trolling

Reality is that 3rd in hits and 2rd in takeaways with 1 goal is just not good enough. Those are Helm-type stats. I expect more from Mantha 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

25 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

So you guys are clearly in the "Mantha's playing well" camp? Noted. 

I can't speak for CRL, but no I don't think Mantha has been playing that well. He definitely needs to step it up (I think he will), but I dont think he's been close to as bad as some are attempting to make it seem. He's still been one of our better players (not saying much), despite the lack of production. The points will come. And with points will come confidence. And with confidence will come more points... Mantha will hit 30 goals this season... I know, I know, he's on pace for 16 and he's lazy and he sucks...

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

- KRS is so pro Mantha that he refuses to acknowledge that he's playing like a frozen turd

Reality is that 3rd in hits and 2rd in takeaways with 1 goal is just not good enough. Those are Helm-type stats. I expect more from Mantha 

Mantha, hasn't been great, but he hasn't been bad either. 

Just curious, how do you feel about your boy Rasmussen thus far?

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I can't speak for CRL, but no I don't think Mantha has been playing that well. He definitely needs to step it up (I think he will), but I dont think he's been close to as bad as some are attempting to make it seem. He's still been one of our better players (not saying much), despite the lack of production. The points will come. And with points will come confidence. And with confidence will come more points... Mantha will hit 30 goals this season... I know, I know, he's on pace for 16 and he's lazy and he sucks...

I WANT to believe you. I sincerely do. I have no vested interest in this narrative or having my doubts confirmed. 

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

He's pulling a Zadina on me

13 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Mantha needs to be better, but I'm not worried. Just like I'm not worried about Vanek either.

Who woulda thought Cholo was gonna come out and straight dominate? I'm sure he'll return to earth at about the same time guys like Mantha and Vanek take off.

Nothing means anything. Hockey is a lie.

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

My boy Rasmussen? He has struggled. If Blashill is going to be a coward and scratch him then I'd send him back to Jr. Mainly because there's not much he can do to help this team and I'd rather not have the stank rub off on him any more than it has. 

So yeah, give him the Scheifele treatment. 

11 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

My boy Rasmussen? He has struggled. If Blashill is going to be a coward and scratch him then I'd send him back to Jr. Mainly because there's not much he can do to help this team and I'd rather not have the stank rub off on him any more than it has. 

So yeah, give him the Scheifele treatment. 

Sounds like he's lazy and he sucks to me...

Send the bum back the junior...

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Sounds like he's lazy and he sucks to me...

Send the bum back the junior...

Oh grow up

Mantha's almost in his prime. And is supposed to be part of this young core. Rasmussen's a kid. 

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

LOL says the guy constantly b****ing about Mantha and Athanasiou... :lol:

At least I can admit when "my boy" is struggling. WITHOUT any "yeah but" or "just you wait" caveats. 

Like my edit said. These two bums are supposed to be in their prime. Closely bordering on "they are what they are" territory. And I'm not sure I'm digging "what they are" . 

Rasmussen should be in the AHL. You know that place where Mantha and AA spent a combined four years. 

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

At least I can admit when "my boy" is struggling. WITHOUT any "yeah but" or "just you wait" caveats. 

Like my edit said. These two bums are supposed to be in their prime. Closely bordering on "they are what they are" territory. And I'm not sure I'm digging "what they are" . 

Rasmussen should be in the AHL. You know that place where Mantha and AA spent a combined four years. 

I can admit that Mantha is struggling (he is), but again, it's not near as doom and gloom as some (including yourself) make it seem.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

I can admit that Mantha is struggling (he is), but again, it's not near as doom and gloom as some (including yourself) make it seem.

Uh. This start to the season is pretty doom and ******* gloom so far if you ask me. And that's on the vets and the three young core forwards. Larkin's been good. AA and Mantha have not been good enough. You think this is an overly negative perspective? Seems like a pretty realistic take to me. 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Uh. This start to the season is pretty doom and ******* gloom so far if you ask me. And that's on the vets and the three young core forwards. Larkin's been good. AA and Mantha have not been good enough. You think this is an overly negative perspective? Seems like a pretty realistic take to me. 

I'm really not sure what you were expecting this season... We're a bottom 5 team. We may finish bottom 3, maybe even dead last. That's not a bad thing in a draft that features Jack Hughes. I watch every game hoping we win, but knowing we'll lose more often than not. I'm okay with that. We've seen huge strides from some of the kids, and I'm sure we'll see more from others. We're FIVE f***ing games into the season. Mantha has been doing some good things out there, but he would be the first to admit that he needs to do more. I expect a big game from him tonight against his childhood team. Athanasiou has been doing a LOT of good things, but has been snake-bitten. It happens. I still expect AA to pot 20 this season, which is great for a middle six winger.

I do think you've been overly negative lately, but whatever, to each their own. You can call me a homer, or whatever. Doesn't bother me. I'm well aware that I'm sometimes overly optimistic about certain players. It sure as hell beats the overly pessimistic approach, but that's just me.

Holland is a has-been... Blashill is a never-was... Mantha is lazy and he sucks... Athanasiou is Helm 2.0... Howard sucks... DeKeyser sucks... the whole team sucks... Burn it down.

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm really not sure what you were expecting this season... We're a bottom 5 team. We may finish bottom 3, maybe even dead last. That's not a bad thing in a draft that features Jack Hughes. I watch every game hoping we win, but knowing we'll lose more often than not. I'm okay with that. We've seen huge strides from some of the kids, and I'm sure we'll see more from others. We're FIVE f***ing games into the season. Mantha has been doing some good things out there, but he would be the first to admit that he needs to do more. I expect a big game from him tonight against his childhood team. Athanasiou has been doing a LOT of good things, but has been snake-bitten. It happens. I still expect AA to pot 20 this season, which is great for a middle six winger.

I do think you've been overly negative lately, but whatever, to each their own. You can call me a homer, or whatever. Doesn't bother me. I'm well aware that I'm sometimes overly optimistic about certain players. It sure as hell beats the overly pessimistic approach, but that's just me.

Holland is a has-been... Blashill is a never-was... Mantha is lazy and he sucks... Athanasiou is Helm 2.0... Howard sucks... DeKeyser sucks... the whole team sucks... Burn it down.

Is average. Important distinction.

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I've never said any of these things.

I come down hard on Mantha and your response is to lump me in with the Lefties and Dickies. Seems rational. 

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I've never said any of these things.

I come down hard on Mantha and your response is to lump me in with the Lefties and Dickies. Seems rational. 

Never said you said any of those things... but lately you have been overly negative in my opinion, bordering on "the Lefties and Dickies"...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Never said you said any of those things... but lately you have been overly negative in my opinion, bordering on "the Lefties and Dickies"...

I noticed this too... I think something's going on with him at school