• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Mantha is Lazy and He Sucks

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Never said you said any of those things... but lately you have been overly negative in my opinion, bordering on "the Lefties and Dickies"...

I am so tempted here, but I must behave myself.

4 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

So what you are saying is that everyone else can 

A) be lazy

B) suck

Because Mantha currently is playing P&H hockey after Zetterberg retired and Blashill adjusted the lines, which causes Howard to be average, Holland to kick tires, and Ilitch to retire numbers in the wrong order?  Merge all threads!

No you pointed out that Mantha was a -6, as if that was something unique. It's not. All but 5 skaters on the team are in minuses in that category. Only Ehn and Glendening are on the plus side.

9 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Oh grow up

Mantha's almost in his prime. And is supposed to be part of this young core. Rasmussen's a kid. 

Mantha is almost in his prime? I’m siding with you, I truly am. I think he is being lazy and sucking for sure right now (although who isn’t) but if he is then wow, what a disappointment Mantha is for sure. 

I do believe the benching of Rasmussen was straight bs and doesn’t do a single thing to help him. Here’s what I hope doesn’t happen, he becomes the only one benched (or singled out). The ugly losses keep coming and then he starts to turn on Blashill. 

9 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm really not sure what you were expecting this season... We're a bottom 5 team. We may finish bottom 3, maybe even dead last. That's not a bad thing in a draft that features Jack Hughes. I watch every game hoping we win, but knowing we'll lose more often than not. I'm okay with that. We've seen huge strides from some of the kids, and I'm sure we'll see more from others. We're FIVE f***ing games into the season. Mantha has been doing some good things out there, but he would be the first to admit that he needs to do more. I expect a big game from him tonight against his childhood team. Athanasiou has been doing a LOT of good things, but has been snake-bitten. It happens. I still expect AA to pot 20 this season, which is great for a middle six winger.

I do think you've been overly negative lately, but whatever, to each their own. You can call me a homer, or whatever. Doesn't bother me. I'm well aware that I'm sometimes overly optimistic about certain players. It sure as hell beats the overly pessimistic approach, but that's just me.

Holland is a has-been... Blashill is a never-was... Mantha is lazy and he sucks... Athanasiou is Helm 2.0... Howard sucks... DeKeyser sucks... the whole team sucks... Burn it down.

I hope you aren’t just talking those five games this season because you can’t possibly say they’re making strides. From someone that played hockey from a little kid all the way through high school. Getting your ass kicked doesn’t teach you a damn thing. 

1 hour ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

I hope you aren’t just talking those five games this season because you can’t possibly say they’re making strides. From someone that played hockey from a little kid all the way through high school. Getting your ass kicked doesn’t teach you a damn thing. 

Makes ur balls hairier n itchier thou

I was expecting a huge game from Mantha last night. That may have been the worst game I've seen him play all season ever... It was not pretty. He just didn't look like he wanted to be on the ice. Completely unengaged. -4, caused at least two goals against (3rd and 7th were ug-ly) and not a single shot on goal... Very, very disappointing.

Athanasiou had another great game and finally got rewarded for it.

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I was expecting a huge game from Mantha last night. That may have been the worst game I've seen him play all season ever... It was not pretty. He just didn't look like he wanted to be on the ice. Completely unengaged. -4, caused at least two goals against (3rd and 7th were ug-ly) and not a single shot on goal... Very, very disappointing.

Athanasiou had another great game and finally got rewarded for it.

It really may have been his worst game ever. Completely floating out there.

I gave AA crap last year for similar reasons, but he's turned the jets on this year. Mantha's turn to get flamed now. This behavior is semi-tolerable when the team is winning, but it's absolutely intolerable when we are this bad. You cannot phone it in, or you're gonna lose your job.  

16 hours ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

I do believe the benching of Rasmussen was straight bs and doesn’t do a single thing to help him. Here’s what I hope doesn’t happen, he becomes the only one benched (or singled out). The ugly losses keep coming and then he starts to turn on Blashill. 

Keep in mind that Rasmussen is a slide candidate. He can only play 9 games before using a year of his ELC. Scratching him gives an opportunity for more practice, more instruction, more time with the team, before that decision has to be made. It's not necessarily punishment or singling him out. 

13 minutes ago, Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot) said:

Blash must be reading. Mantha has been demoted to the 4th line since this topic was started.

That's because Blashill is as dumb as this thread... Blash is the one that's lazy and sucks...

15 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Wasn't Dellevano who mentioned about Mantha's work ethic when he was in the AHL or I was dreaming this up?

Devellano is senile...

8 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

He's dumb too!!!!!!!!!

That too.

Mantha is Frenchzen, AKA Martha, AKA That Lazy Frenchie who we should have traded even though I thought he'd be a 40 goal power forward who'd fight and I wouldn't have moved for a future Norris winner 2 seasons ago.

-90% of the Wings fan base

2 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Mantha is Frenchzen, AKA Martha, AKA That Lazy Frenchie who we should have traded even though I thought he'd be a 40 goal power forward who'd fight and I wouldn't have moved for a future Norris winner 2 seasons ago.

-90% of the Wings fan base

What future Norris winner was available 2 seasons ago for Mantha?