• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

10/13 GDT - Red Wings @ Bruins - 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Yzerman19 said:

this is why make our youngster mature in the big league is an alternative... zdina instead of nyguist would have been good

There's no rush on Zadina. I mean, say he scores 20 goals as a Red Wing this season. Is that great for him? Sure. Does it actually change our situation in a meaningful way? Not really.

It's about the future. We have to hope Larkin becomes a legit 75-point 1C. We have to hope Zadina becomes a legit 30-goal scorer. We have to hope a couple of our D prospects overachieve and become really good top-four defensemen, and on top of that we need to find a legit 1D. Neither Howard nor Bernier is a long-term solution in goal. Blashill probably won't be around much longer. Holland probably won't be around much longer. Point being, this is a team (and organization) in transition.

We're gonna have to suck for a while. There's really no way around it. We can hate on Nyquist, but every team has a Nyquist. The problem isn't that Nyquist is on the team, the problem is that Nyquist is arguably the most dependable scoring winger on the team.

5 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

No. Bringing someone up who isn't ready doesn't make them better..

at some point it was true when we had a strong development staff and a strong veteran group.... today we have no youngsters ready and no veteran that are decent

our 5-3 is so static... no movement no nothing

4 minutes ago, Yzerman19 said:

at some point it was true when we had a strong development staff and a strong veteran group.... today we have no youngsters ready and no veteran that are decent

our 5-3 is so static... no movement no nothing

Again, it doesn't matter what the state of the team is. Putting someone in above their heads is only detrimental to their development as a player. 

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

There's no rush on Zadina. I mean, say he scores 20 goals as a Red Wing this season. Is that great for him? Sure. Does it actually change our situation in a meaningful way? Not really.

It's about the future. We have to hope Larkin becomes a legit 75-point 1C. We have to hope Zadina becomes a legit 30-goal scorer. We have to hope a couple of our D prospects overachieve and become really good top-four defensemen, and on top of that we need to find a legit 1D. Neither Howard nor Bernier is a long-term solution in goal. Blashill probably won't be around much longer. Holland probably won't be around much longer. Point being, this is a team (and organization) in transition.

We're gonna have to suck for a while. There's really no way around it. We can hate on Nyquist, but every team has a Nyquist. The problem isn't that Nyquist is on the team, the problem is that Nyquist is arguably the most dependable scoring winger on the team.

I know all that.... i know we are in transition... the thing is that accepoting the transition is one thing we you actually see the club going in a direction.... here we go nowhere and it has been 3 years... Holland is not the genius he was, blashill is everything but an nhl coach. Sure we rebuild but we will never change things up with those ppl here... The club is not attractive to any players... why ... because we don't have a plan or a new politics in this team... it is not the roster we need to change, it is the way we manage... our style has not changed since the 90's

19 minutes ago, Yzerman19 said:

I know all that.... i know we are in transition... the thing is that accepoting the transition is one thing we you actually see the club going in a direction.... here we go nowhere and it has been 3 years... Holland is not the genius he was, blashill is everything but an nhl coach. Sure we rebuild but we will never change things up with those ppl here... The club is not attractive to any players... why ... because we don't have a plan or a new politics in this team... it is not the roster we need to change, it is the way we manage... our style has not changed since the 90's

We committed to a rebuild late in the 2016-17 season. So it hasn't even been two full seasons yet. We've had two drafts in the rebuild era and we got a lot of players out of them. We're gonna need at least a couple more drafts like the one we just had, and we're gonna have to hope we can get at least one player who's even better than Zadina, because Larkin+Zadina+Cholowski is not going to be a good enough core if multiple championships is the goal.

The team is getting younger. The youth doesn't appear to be quite up to the challenge of leading an NHL team to a respectable record at this time, but, again, we're in transition. Where you see hopelessness and no progress whatsoever, I see some reasons to be optimistic. It's easy to bash Holland and Blashill and Nyquist and anyone who's pissing us off on any given day, but, personally, my hope and expectation is that all of this will be a distant memory after a couple more years.

Edited by Dabura

22 minutes ago, greene709 said:

I hope a team that needs a rental D takes Kronwall for his sake. Can't help but feel bad that he is going to go out in a year like this. Probably has too much heart to wear another jersey.

Kronwall is a Viking. He's going down with the ship. That's just how it works. 

1 hour ago, Yzerman19 said:

this is why make our youngster mature in the big league is an alternative... zdina instead of nyguist would have been good

Disagree.  Nyquist needs to have a solid year so the Wings can get an asset for him at the deadline.  Zadina can come up then, if he's ready... or earlier if the forwards get hit by injuries like the D has, but not instead of a healthy Nyquist.