• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

10/15 BUCKWILD GDT - Red Wings @ Canadiens - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, xtrememachine1 said:

All of this is absolutely true, especially the first point and the one about Hronek.  Only 4 players are trying is what gets me.  I remember seeing this last year and the year before.  We get down in a game, especially on the road, and we just quit, except for a few guys.  As for Hronek, I feel bad for him.  He's a little a ball of chaos for our defense every time he's out there and not in a good way either. He's always making a bad pass, in the wrong place, taking a bad penalty.  He reminds me of Brett Lebda and that's NOT a good thing.

This is definitely Blashill.  In addition to losing and getting worse each year, we've watched good young players regress, we've seen them not prepared to play, we've seen them put in situations they shouldn't be in (Glendenning as second line center, Ras in the press box).  Its not even the losing that gets me down on him right now, its the no sign of progress or hope.  We're giving up tons of goals while not really getting any consistent offensive pressure, which leads to very few goals.  Saying an AHL roster is better than ours is nonsense.  We have some high end talent mixed with NHL ready talent like Larkin and AA.  I've seen coaches do a lot more with a lot less.  My biggest concern is that Blashill will screw up our incoming young talent (Zadina, Cholo, Veleno, Ras) and the rebuild will take even longer.

This right here.

I've said it numerous times before...Blashill is trying his best to be a Babcock clone, and he's failing miserably...Once again - what 'message' is he trying to send by pulling Howard last night only for Bernier to take the loss (even more baffling considering he let Bernier rot in net the previous game).

This better be his last season behind the bench.

Edited by F.Michael

54 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

This right here.

I've said it numerous times before...Blashill is trying his best to be a Babcock clone, and he's failing miserably...Once again - what 'message' is he trying to send by pulling Howard last night only for Bernier to take the loss (even more baffling considering he let Bernier rot in net the previous game).

This better be his last season behind the bench.

If we are trying to change the culture of this franchise lets get it done. I'm almost 40 and have never been naive enough to think these times would't come eventually. They are here. I do think this team has enough talent up front at least to be competitive every night. Our D is a mess. We are asking guys who clearly aren't ready to step up. A couple of these guys are at best AHL/3rd pair NHL caliber.  We've got a GM ( who i've always supported ) who is clearly ready to put Detroit in the rear view and move on to Seattle or retirement. Let's think outside the god damn box for once and get Stevie Y in here. Let Holland stay with the team in some capacity until his next phase and lets go.  Blashill needs to go, lets start fresh. He has no adaptability, no feel for this lineup and I'm tired of watching him with that stupid look on his face. At this point I'd be fine with Bylsma taking over this team but really we need to go outside the organization and find a coach.  I'll handle the losing because for the last 25 years I've been spoiled with one of the best franchises in pro sports but as a fan it's hard to tolerate terrible organizational decisions. 

29 minutes ago, puckbags said:

If we are trying to change the culture of this franchise lets get it done. I'm almost 40 and have never been naive enough to think these times would't come eventually. They are here. I do think this team has enough talent up front at least to be competitive every night. Our D is a mess. We are asking guys who clearly aren't ready to step up. A couple of these guys are at best AHL/3rd pair NHL caliber.  We've got a GM ( who i've always supported ) who is clearly ready to put Detroit in the rear view and move on to Seattle or retirement. Let's think outside the god damn box for once and get Stevie Y in here. Let Holland stay with the team in some capacity until his next phase and lets go.  Blashill needs to go, lets start fresh. He has no adaptability, no feel for this lineup and I'm tired of watching him with that stupid look on his face. At this point I'd be fine with Bylsma taking over this team but really we need to go outside the organization and find a coach.  I'll handle the losing because for the last 25 years I've been spoiled with one of the best franchises in pro sports but as a fan it's hard to tolerate terrible organizational decisions. 

Image result for dumb blashill face

5 hours ago, kjw25 said:

Hope Rasumussen had lots of notepads, I wonder how many notes he had to take watching this train wreck of a team. 

Hey, if I was 6'6 and my team was this bad, I'd be kicking ass every game.  This kid is just a tall wimp from the looks of it.  Those are called basketball players.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

Perhaps clanking one off the post is affecting my memory a bit, but I thought Frk looked decent last night.  Seemed to skate fast and finish his checks.  Add to that the aforementioned scoring chance and I'd say not a bad night for a 4th liner in a blowout game.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Perhaps clanking one off the post is affecting my memory a bit, but I thought Frk looked decent last night.  Seemed to skate fast and finish his checks.  Add to that the aforementioned scoring chance and I'd say not a bad night for a 4th liner in a blowout game.

I agree. I'm all for keeping Frk in the lineup.

11 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'd send Rasmussen back to Junior, and go with something like this: 

Nyquist-Larkin-Mantha

Vanek-Neilsen-Abby

Frk-AA-Bert

Helm-Glendening-Ehn

Hahaha man this team is horrible for being almost at the cap. Those lines strike fear in no opposing goalies. Even Niemi.

On 10/16/2018 at 8:40 AM, xtrememachine1 said:

All of this is absolutely true, especially the first point and the one about Hronek.  Only 4 players are trying is what gets me.  I remember seeing this last year and the year before.  We get down in a game, especially on the road, and we just quit, except for a few guys.  As for Hronek, I feel bad for him.  He's a little a ball of chaos for our defense every time he's out there and not in a good way either. He's always making a bad pass, in the wrong place, taking a bad penalty.  He reminds me of Brett Lebda and that's NOT a good thing.

This is definitely Blashill.  In addition to losing and getting worse each year, we've watched good young players regress, we've seen them not prepared to play, we've seen them put in situations they shouldn't be in (Glendenning as second line center, Ras in the press box).  Its not even the losing that gets me down on him right now, its the no sign of progress or hope.  We're giving up tons of goals while not really getting any consistent offensive pressure, which leads to very few goals.  Saying an AHL roster is better than ours is nonsense.  We have some high end talent mixed with NHL ready talent like Larkin and AA.  I've seen coaches do a lot more with a lot less.  My biggest concern is that Blashill will screw up our incoming young talent (Zadina, Cholo, Veleno, Ras) and the rebuild will take even longer.

Now now you need to have reproducible evidence that Blashill is a detriment to the young players. This is not a forum, it is a peer reviewed scientific journal that works from the premise that Blashill is fine until proven incompetent. 

Edited by rwing