• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Which Extra Forward Should Sit?

Rate this topic

Vote for the guy you would scratch   

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pretty bummed about Svechnikov. I know a lot of folks aren't high on him, but I was looking forward to seeing the kind of year he had (hopefully seeing him surprise people).

Also, Witkowski. That guy never needs to be in the lineup IMO.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

18 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Pretty bummed about Svechnikov. I know a lot of folks aren't high on him, but I was looking forward to seeing the kind of year he had (hopefully seeing him surprise people).

Also, Witkowski. That guy never needs to be in the lineup IMO.

I don't think Svech will turn out to be much but I still wanna see him play this year, definitely sucks

But Witkowski punches ppl

17 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I'd rather have Tootoo back. At least he could make a play occasionally.

I gotta disagree there. I'd rather have Witkowski over Tootoo. But yeah, Witkowski should be the odd man out most nights.

It really sucks that Svechnikov is going to miss that much time... I doubt he'll play a game with the Wings this season, and if he doesn't this season, he may never play another game with the Wings again. With Zadina, Veleno (and Hughes) pushing for spots next season, I don't like Svech's chances...

Said this in another thread because I didn't see this one.  I'd send Rasmussen back to juniors, and I'd go with

Nyquist-Larkin-Mantha

Vanek-Neilsen-Abby

Frk-AA-Bert

Helm-Glendening-Ehn

Witko

Zadina first call up for scorer (Nyquist, Mantha, Vanek, Frk, AA), Givani Smith first call up for grinder (Abby, Bert, Helm, Glen, Ehn).

Edited by kipwinger

24 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Who really gives a f*** at this point?

Blashill sucks

Rasmussen sucks

Mantha DEFINATELY sucks

Zadina sucks

Svechnikov's done

All the other guys who always sucked still suck.

Jork frivkig pot Ammeyeright? 

You sound just like my therapist.

Send Ras back to juniors would be my answer, but wasn't he dominating juniors last year? Wasn't even a challenge? May as well keep him up to learn, he won't benefit from dominating a junior league then coming up next year still green. Witkowski is pretty useless, but he fights. May as well have something to enjoy. Frk it is.

There's two extra forwards, so the question should be which forward, in addition to Witko, should sit.

Ras can sit another couple or so to get some more time up, play another four games, then either we decide to play him the rest of the year or send him down. 

Frk and Ehn are the only real options. I would go with Frk just because it's annoying watching the team trying to set up telegraphed one-times all day while Frk scores like Glendening.

Or we could go with benching as punishment. Normally not a fan of that, but on the other hand I have been thinking Nielsen needs his ass kicked. Vanek, Abby, and Mantha are close as well.

18 minutes ago, Buppy said:

There's two extra forwards, so the question should be which forward, in addition to Witko, should sit.

Ras can sit another couple or so to get some more time up, play another four games, then either we decide to play him the rest of the year or send him down. 

Frk and Ehn are the only real options. I would go with Frk just because it's annoying watching the team trying to set up telegraphed one-times all day while Frk scores like Glendening.

Or we could go with benching as punishment. Normally not a fan of that, but on the other hand I have been thinking Nielsen needs his ass kicked. Vanek, Abby, and Mantha are close as well.

Mostly agreed.

I don't think fighting has a lot of value in terms of winning games, but I don't think it's valueless. It motivates neanderthal fans like me to continue watching bad hockey, and if you pretty much know you're gonna lose, hey might as well go down swingin IMO. At least you're just losers and not wussy losers. You have some respect left in the culture. I'm a Witkowski guy.

I think Ras should stay on the team regardless if he's on the 4th line or not. He's too dominate in the WHL IMO. I just don't think there's anything left there for him to learn.

In regards to Frk, how worthless he is is exactly why I favor Witkowski. Frk's cool, maybe he becomes a 3rd liner one day? Who cares really. It won't change a thing. At least Witkowski brings something to the team that only Bertuzzi mimics now? The telegraphed one-timers followed by misses wide is embarrassing bush-league IMO. Thanks Jeff.

Totally in support of benchings. Screw it. The culture's gone. Holland & co never found the answer after Lidstrom, Dastyuk, and then Zetterberg departed. Now we are left leaderless with a lot of B-rate players. Now is the time to punish bad behavior. There's nothing left to lose. Play kids and agitators/enforcers from here on out IMO. Play a game where the kids can learn with the big league and also be emboldened by the vets surrounding them. Winning is out the window.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

My order of benching from no way to gtfo:

Larkin

Athanasiou

Rasmussen

Zadina

Veleno

Mantha

Bertuzzi

Helm

Glendening

Ehn

Nielsen

Nyquist

Vanek

Frk

Witkowski

Abdelkader

100% accurate! 

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

My order of benching from no way to gtfo:

Larkin

Athanasiou

Rasmussen

Zadina

Veleno

Mantha

Bertuzzi

Helm

Glendening

Ehn

Nielsen

Nyquist

Vanek

Frk

Witkowski

Abdelkader

Nielsen over Vanek and Nyquist? you must be joking

40 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

smaller sample size 

You're right. Rasmussen's 5 games this season is smaller than Mantha's 6 games this season... Or are you saying that Mantha has always sucked? Did he suck last season when he put up nearly 50 points? If so, I hope his suckage continues to progress this season.

It takes a special kind of fan to get down on a 50 point producer... But hey, Rasmussen is younger, bigger and was drafted higher, so he's obviously going to be better...