• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Dotchin, NHLPA File Grievance Against Tampa

Rate this topic

Link

For anyone who doesn't know, Jake Dotchin showed up to Lightning training camp this summer very overweight. He had gained 30+ lbs during the off-season. Tampa immediately terminated his contract, and gained the space against the camp and his roster spot.

I've been following this because I think it's BS. Being fat is not a material breach of contract.

Now Dotchin and the PA have filed a grievance against Tampa. I'm curious to see what the punishment for Tampa is going to be. I think the league should make the termination a buyout, and force Tampa to deal with the cap hit (admittedly not very big thou) and also payout Dotchin his remaining money.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Link

For anyone who doesn't know, Jake Dotchin showed up to Lightning training camp this summer very overweight. He had gained 30+ lbs during the off-season. Tampa immediately terminated his contract, and gained the space against the camp and his roster spot.

I've been following this because I think it's BS. Being fat is not a material breach of contract.

Now Dotchin and the PA have filed a grievance against Tampa. I'm curious to see what the punishment for Tampa is going to be. I think the league should make the termination a buyout, and force Tampa to deal with the cap hit (admittedly not very big thou) and also payout Dotchin his remaining money.

I heard he got a new nutrition coach over the summer...

2 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

I heard he got a new nutrition coach over the summer...

Dotchin: "Being overweight does not constitute a material breach of contract as weight is a correctable problem and does not wholly impede my ability to perform the duties outlined in my contract as evidenced by my recent signing with the Ducks of Anaheim"

Yzerman: "lol u fat"

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Dotchin: "Being overweight does not constitute a material breach of contract as weight is a correctable problem and does not wholly impede my ability to perform the duties outlined in my contract as evidenced by my recent signing with the Ducks of Anaheim"

Yzerman: "lol u fat"

lol Yzerman to Dotchin

*Explicit Content

Ok, the whole sumo goalie trope is baseless and wrong.

Sure in theory a fat dude covers more net area, but have u seen a fat guy try to stack the pads? Its nearly impossible. And if you cant stack the pads your basically trash.

The ideal goalie should be stackin the pads on most shots. Point shot? Stack the pads. Dangler in the crease? Stack the pads. Wrap around? Stack the pads. Id like to see Jake Dotchins fat ass think about stackin the pads. Not sure hed be able to get back up after.

On 10/19/2018 at 7:54 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ok, the whole sumo goalie trope is baseless and wrong.

Sure in theory a fat dude covers more net area, but have u seen a fat guy try to stack the pads? Its nearly impossible. And if you cant stack the pads your basically trash.

The ideal goalie should be stackin the pads on most shots. Point shot? Stack the pads. Dangler in the crease? Stack the pads. Wrap around? Stack the pads. Id like to see Jake Dotchins fat ass think about stackin the pads. Not sure hed be able to get back up after.

Image result for goldberg mighty ducks

My .02 worth below as I have the morning coffee in the freezing ATL as we dropped to below 40 this morning. If I wanted cold weather I would have stayed in MI oops off topic.

How the heck does someone gain 30 pounds from 5/23 when Tampa was eliminated to opening of training camp 9/13 that's 16 weeks or 112 days so a per day increase of 112/30 = .267 lbs a day so almost 2 lbs a week.  So by July 4 he was up 12 lbs if that wasn't muscle seems he would have been a wee bit worried. Heck my fat arse would have been concerned as that's a total new clothes refresh. 

What the heck was he eating a pizza and a case of beer each day? Seems like an athlete that plays at level of the NHL would have access to a nutritionist etc. Not to mention merely skating daily would seem to help keep "some" weight off. Wonder if down the road they will find out he has some metabolism/thyroid condition or was it muscle?

23 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

My .02 worth below as I have the morning coffee in the freezing ATL as we dropped to below 40 this morning. If I wanted cold weather I would have stayed in MI oops off topic.

How the heck does someone gain 30 pounds from 5/23 when Tampa was eliminated to opening of training camp 9/13 that's 16 weeks or 112 days so a per day increase of 112/30 = .267 lbs a day so almost 2 lbs a week.  So by July 4 he was up 12 lbs if that wasn't muscle seems he would have been a wee bit worried. Heck my fat arse would have been concerned as that's a total new clothes refresh. 

What the heck was he eating a pizza and a case of beer each day? Seems like an athlete that plays at level of the NHL would have access to a nutritionist etc. Not to mention merely skating daily would seem to help keep "some" weight off. Wonder if down the road they will find out he has some metabolism/thyroid condition or was it muscle?

No exercise. Prolly sitting on his arse playing fortnite, eating pizza, and drinking beer everyday. In the business it's called living the dream.