• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

The Legend of Cholo (A Cholowski Appreciation Thread)

Rate this topic

I'm trying not to get too excited, but he already looks like a NHL defender that has a few seasons under his belt, makes very few mistakes and is strong with the puck. I feel a little better already about the future of the defense here.

Just now, MabusIncarnate said:

I'm trying not to get too excited, but he already looks like a NHL defender that has a few seasons under his belt, makes very few mistakes and is strong with the puck. I feel a little better already about the future of the defense here.

Agreed, on all counts.

4 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

You're premature. 

We need to praise him as the next lidstrom. And then if he has even 1 off game, immediately turn on him.

You sound like my GF.

Anyway, to contribute to the convo, I found this:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/10/21/dennis-cholowski-detroit-red-wings/1719362002/

Had the Wings not started the season without veteran defensemen Mike Green, Niklas Kronwall and Jonathan Ericsson, Cholowski would not have been thrown into a prominent role as a rookie. But he was, and responded with a goal in his first game. In his second, he contributed two assists. He leads all Wings defensemen with five points, and is tied for second in points overall on the team.  His 21:48 of average ice time leads team defensemen. 

Shoulda drafted Chychryn.

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You sound like my GF.

Anyway, to contribute to the convo, I found this:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/10/21/dennis-cholowski-detroit-red-wings/1719362002/

Had the Wings not started the season without veteran defensemen Mike Green, Niklas Kronwall and Jonathan Ericsson, Cholowski would not have been thrown into a prominent role as a rookie. But he was, and responded with a goal in his first game. In his second, he contributed two assists. He leads all Wings defensemen with five points, and is tied for second in points overall on the team.  His 21:48 of average ice time leads team defensemen. 

Shoulda drafted Chychryn.

A lot of people here were calling for Holland to be fired for trades 1 year cap hit of datsyuk and our #16 pick to Arizona for pick #20. A certain poster in particular until this season never stopped mentioning losing out on chychrun for a bottom pairing Dman. 

7 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

A lot of people here were calling for Holland to be fired for trades 1 year cap hit of datsyuk and our #16 pick to Arizona for pick #20. A certain poster in particular until this season never stopped mentioning losing out on chychrun for a bottom pairing Dman. 

Image result for eating crow meme

5 hours ago, Dabura said:

Do more takes plz. (Start with Zadina plz.)

I'd love it if I were the prospect projection take guy, but sadly I'm regularly wrong about them.  For instance, I thought AA had Seguin upside and a floor of Ryan Kesler.  I was way, way, wrong on that one.  I was right about Frk.  And I said one of Pulkkinen or Jurco would be good, and one would be bad.  So I was 50% wrong on that one.

Edited by kipwinger