• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

The Legend of Cholo (A Cholowski Appreciation Thread)

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Buppy said:

Or you could not be racist, and stop equating a shorthand version of a person's name to an ethnic slur. What are you going to do if we draft this guy? :) 

Do you know the difference between ethnicity and race? If you did you would know that "Cholo" is an ethnic term not a racial one. 

And a nickname and someone's surname are 2 different things. One is a choice and one is not. You know better. Apple, meet orange.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

32 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Do you know the difference between ethnicity and race? If you did you would know that "Cholo" is an ethnic term not a racial one. 

And a nickname and someone's surname are 2 different things. One is a choice and one is not. You know better. Apple, meet orange.

Do you know the difference between a real post and fabricating an excuse to make a different offensive-sounding-name-joke? 

No. No you do not. Not even with visual aids.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Say "My *****" everytime he scores

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

lol, Neoracistzoomdweebie is at it again,

btw Cholos are neither a race or ethnicity, it's actually a subculture.

8 hours ago, Buppy said:

Do you know the difference between a real post and fabricating an excuse to make a different offensive-sounding-name-joke? 

No. No you do not. Not even with visual aids.

My apologies. I honestly can't tell when ur being sarcastic and attempting to be funny or just being a d**k.

1 hour ago, NerveDamage said:

Blash and Bylsma could use one too...

I see what you did there.

7 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

or just call him "The Dude"

This one sctually works.

8 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

tenor.gif

lol, Neoracistzoomdweebie is at it again,

btw Cholos are neither a race or ethnicity, it's actually a subculture.

No. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholo

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

My apologies. I honestly can't tell when ur being sarcastic and attempting to be funny or just being a d**k.

I see what you did there.

This one sctually works.

No. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholo

lol quoting wikipedia...  you should read it first.

Cholo no longer necessarily refers only to ethnic heritage, and is not always meant negatively.

"person who dresses in the manner of a certain subculture" (United States)

Edited by NerveDamage

3 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

lol quoting wikipedia...  you should read it first.

Cholo no longer necessarily refers only to ethnic heritage, and is not always meant negatively.

"person who dresses in the manner of a certain subculture" (United States)

So there are cholos who aren't HIspanic? No. It is absolutely an ethnic term. Every definition (both modern and traditional) refers to someone of Latin, Hispanic, or more specifically, Mexican descent. That's an ethnicity It originated as a derogatory term toward a specific ethnic group.The fact that it may have evolved into something more specific (much like other derogatory terms of the past), or may not always be meant as a slur, doesn't mean that it is not rooted in bigotry.

MOVING ON....BACK TO TOPIC

14 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So there are cholos who aren't HIspanic? No. It is absolutely an ethnic term. Every definition (both modern and traditional) refers to someone of Latin, Hispanic, or more specifically, Mexican descent. That's an ethnicity It originated as a derogatory term toward a specific ethnic group.The fact that it may have evolved into something more specific (much like other derogatory terms of the past), or may not always be meant as a slur, doesn't mean that it is not rooted in bigotry.

MOVING ON....BACK TO TOPIC

JH0dhCP.jpg

Edited by NerveDamage