• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

10/22 Homecoming GDT - Hurricanes @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

Just now, F.Michael said:

$5 says he'll get a contract extension...

....and I will cease to be a fan. It's already not as important as it used to be, but this absolutely disgusting. We can still compete for Hughes, while still competing on the ice.  Blashill is a disgrace to The Winged Wheel.

12 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

....and I will cease to be a fan. It's already not as important as it used to be, but this absolutely disgusting. We can still compete for Hughes, while still competing on the ice.  Blashill is a disgrace to The Winged Wheel.

It starts with the ownership.  The idiot is more concerned with painting seats rather than fixing the team.  

if only rasmussen was able to show up this game, he coulda easily had a 2 goal night. on the bright side Cholo playing with poise like he belongs in this league and mantha getting physical is great. I think with these faster team we need to hit more otherwise they just skate right by.

1 hour ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

I’ll start to care again once Blashill is gone, enough is enough. 

It wouldn't matter if Toe Blake and Scotty Bowman were both coaching this team at the same time.  They would still be bad.

3 minutes ago, Nightfall said:

It wouldn't matter if Toe Blake and Scotty Bowman were both coaching this team at the same time.  They would still be bad.

Would like to see Blysma take over, see what he’s got. Also it’s clear as day that they are going backwards instead of forward. The roster isn’t as bad as what the record is. We are sick of Blashill and his bulls*** pregame speeches, his no in game adjustments, stand there like a ******* idiot and don’t know what to do expressions all game and his bulls*** press conference. The time is up for him, he may have brain washed some of the fans to believe his s*** coming out of his mouth but not me. And I’m super glad to see more saying for him to be fired, fire his ass now.

Over the years that I've been a fan, I've missed barely one playoff game, TV or in person $$$$$, streamed almost every regular season game available $$$$$ and purchased much Red Wings swag $$$$$. Tonight is enough. Blashill must go. NOW, Chris Illitch, N.O.W.!!

Dan can take over to close this season out.

Then Yzerman takes over, fires the rest of this staff and we start fresh in 2019/2020. 

I cannot stomach the embarrassment this group is bringing to our city and our jersey. 

NOT ONE OF YOU ARE BIGGER THAN THE CREST ON THE FRONT OF YOUR JERSEY!

FFS how many more nights will this be OK? 

The only question left to answer this season is how much damage will be done to our young core group of the future having to be apart of such a franchise at this moment in time with men like Holland/Blashill incapable of guiding us back to the top.

Anything is better than wasting time and money night after night being treated like a sucker by owners who have counted on us for far, far too long.

What a joke.

Edited by motorcitykid

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Like I said, these guys will ALL be waiving their NTC's just to get away from this train wreck.

Oh no! You mean Neilsen, Nyquist, Abdlekader, Ericsson, Daley, and Howard all want out?? Whatever will we do without them? :lol:

Also, some of these bums are partially responsible for this "train wreck" so K the eff l8ter!!!

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

After watching the 1st period had to go do some errands which I NEVER EVER used to do during a game. But I think the shot count was double or triple so I figured why waste my time. Tuned back in and was shocked  to see we had a chance to tie/win.  

I am leaning towards it's time for Blash to pack his bags and head out. Give Dan B the gig and see if he can get some effort out of the boys.  I don't think they are as bad as they appear to be it's just the guy behind the bench can't push the right buttons @ the right time.  That's what a Scotty, Toe, Babs could/can do they see the big picture adjust and tweak. I think Blash's ability to tweak things is broken and will remain broken. 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Oh no! You mean Neilsen, Nyquist, Abdlekader, Ericsson, Daley, and Howard all want out?? Whatever will we do without them? :lol:

Also, some of these bums are partially responsible for this "train wreck" so K the eff l8ter!!!

No, I am not saying that all will actually want out, I was just saying that if things don't get better, at least competing game in and game out, they all may just be ok with waiving their NTC's to GTFO of this train wreck.  Firing Blashill will be a step in the right direction. Like I said during the game, we can still compete for Jack Hughes all while competing on the ice. We have a team full of NHL talent, we just need a coach who knows how to coach in the NHL and utilize that talent. We need ownership that holds coaches and players equally responsible.  We are great fans, proud fans, this is a proud franchise (or once was) and we aren't going to stand for 10 years of garbage of a "rebuild." We have our core, Larkin, AA, Mantha, Cholowski (showing great strides) Rasmussen (being ruined by Blashill.) Why waste that core's prime years? Make the necessary moves (coaching and then possibly players) NOW in order to utilize their prime years. Let's not just "wait" for contracts to expire (Kronwall, Ericsson, Howard, etc...) to make some moves, because, well, loyalty.  We need an owner who cares about this team and this team exclusively.  We need coaches that have fresh, NEW  idea's and philosophies. I like Holland, he drafts well, he's make some shrewd deals recently, but he needs to be told to make more of them, forget this crap about being loyal to a fault.  We have tons of cap space with the LTIR, make the necessary moves to put this team in the right direction NOW. Back in the early 90's that is what they did.  They made a deal, signed a player, recalled a player and if none of those moves worked out, they dealt with it.  They acquired Jimmy Carson for a (at the time) huge payload, when he didn't work out, they dealt him away.  When better player(s) became available, they made the move(s) needed in order to acquire that player to move this team forward. They made some mistakes, but quickly atoned for those.  It seems now, if they trade for someone, sign someone, they just won't atone for that mistake for fear of tarnishing their loyalty reputation or admitting they made an error.

I  like Nielsen, but has he worked out? No. He hasn't sucked, but he has not made this team better by any means.  Trade him. He is now in his M-NTC portion of his contract and can submit a 10 team No-Trade list. That leaves 21 teams that he can be dealt to. Deal him, for whatever you can get.  Plenty of these "vets" are tradeable, prove to your fans that you are interested in making this team better, one step at a time.  I don't care what Mike Green did last season, he should have never been re-signed. That was a pure loyalty move because he chose to come here years ago. I am a huge DD fan, and don't see him being dealt at all, but at least open the phone lines on all of our "vets."

I've had it. At least in the early 90's you saw the direction this team was headed. This team has no direction now. Sure we'd all like Jack Hughes, but at least compete on the ice and lose with dignity. Not the garbage I have been watching all season thus far...

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

After watching the 1st period had to go do some errands which I NEVER EVER used to do during a game. But I think the shot count was double or triple so I figured why waste my time. Tuned back in and was shocked  to see we had a chance to tie/win.  

I am leaning towards it's time for Blash to pack his bags and head out. Give Dan B the gig and see if he can get some effort out of the boys.  I don't think they are as bad as they appear to be it's just the guy behind the bench can't push the right buttons @ the right time.  That's what a Scotty, Toe, Babs could/can do they see the big picture adjust and tweak. I think Blash's ability to tweak things is broken and will remain broken. 

I honestly believe it's been that way since Blash took over from day 1.

Some players may never be 'NHL quality' - I feel the same can be said about coaches too.

1 hour ago, Euro_Twins said:

Probably a shot on goal. When we finally got our first shot the crowd went nuts lol

Yeah - it was pretty obvious the crowd was giving the 'Bronx cheer' with the few shots on goal.