• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

10/26 Here Goes Nothing GDT - Jets @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

I'm drinking cranberry Canada Dry.

cd2630bb9332179df6c9902acb3fdb51.jpg

O Ginger Ale Gods, please guide us to victory tonight.

Chick drink.

3 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

DqeKAfhWwAU5fPA.jpg

Could their be a better starting lineup in the NHL? Yes, about 30 of them.

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Helm and Larkin go together like lamb and tuna fish.

I thought speed kills tho.

2 hours ago, greenrebellion said:

Unreal that we have Abby for four more years after this year.

They should buy him out. Enough of his “grit” and “leadership” it’s clear he’s awful. Game winning goal is clearly on him, yet Blashill will say nothing.

Now if Rasmussen made that play Blashill would have made him sit a game. But Abby gets a free pass? Such a joke 

4 hours ago, kjw25 said:

They should buy him out. Enough of his “grit” and “leadership” it’s clear he’s awful. Game winning goal is clearly on him, yet Blashill will say nothing.

Now if Rasmussen made that play Blashill would have made him sit a game. But Abby gets a free pass? Such a joke 

Real talk: Abby is the least our problems. The Big Problem is that our best players are outclassed by most other teams' best players.

1 minute ago, kylee said:

We have zero high end talent 

I mean, there's an element of semantics here, so "your mileage may vary." But, yeah. We don't have a single player we can point to and say, "This guy is one of the best in the business, for sure, no question. He'd be a core player on any team."

Seems like "superstar" is the descriptor that the Wings' PR people have settled on...

https://www.nhl.com/news/detroit-red-wings-wont-sit-back-in-attempt-to-rebuild/c-301284676

"We're superstar driven, and it pains me, it pains Ken, that we are bereft of a superstar," Devellano said. "Superstars win games. Superstars sell tickets. Superstars drive TV ratings. And to sit here and not have that kind of player, or preferably players, is painful. But that's as candid as I can be with you. We do have a plan."

https://www.nhl.com/redwings/news/notes-wings-working-hard-to-break-out-of-offensive-funk/c-301343202

"I don't think we have any 40-goal scorers in here but we got guys that score," Frans Nielsen said after Saturday's practice at the BELFOR Training Center. "(Thomas Vanek) can score, we know that. Some players we know can. But we're a team that lack superstars. It has to come from everyone."

The good news is we could very easily finish dead last this season and possibly next season as well, so we're probably getting an infusion of elite talent pretty soon.