• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

10/28 Welp GDT - Stars @ Red Wings - 5:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Tied after 2, Mantha scores....   could they pull out win number 2?

I don’t have a feed since Inhavent bought Center Ice in a couple of years.  Putting aside the rage and depression from offline happenings (pool parties know, others who know me, PM for the short version, I am not clogging a GDT thread).   Bringing  the hype, shredding the new fretless, and getting pumped for the 4rd.  Let’s Go Wings!

How did Mantha’s goal look?

Edited by TheXym

14 SOG thru two periods. SOG isn't everything, and 14 thru 40 mins isn't terrible...but I'd still like to see the Wings shoot more -- and hit the net more.

I get that Blashill focuses on scoring chances as opposed to shot metrics. And I get that he's preaching cycling, playmaking, and possession over "shoot, shoot, shoot." I get all that and I don't necessarily have a problem with it. Like, given that this is a team of low-percentage shooters, would it really make a difference if the team pushed its average SOG up into the 35-40 range? Probably not. On the other hand, if we're not putting many shots on net...and we're a low-percentage shooting team...we're not gonna score any goals...which is exactly what we're seeing.

I guess there's a balance -- shoot-first mentality versus trying to learn to play high-level puck-possession hockey -- and I would say the Wings aren't finding that balance. And it's been this way for a long time now.

tl;dr shoot moar

3 minutes ago, kylee said:

I can only watch the Stars feed...I always forget how awful their color commentary guy is..always trying to come up with unique descriptions of plays ...just terrible. Give me Ken and Mickey 

Check PMs yo.

5 minutes ago, TheXym said:

Tied after 2, Mantha scores....   could they pull out win number 2?

I don’t have a feed since Inhavent bought Center Ice in a couple of years.  Putting aside the rage and depression from offline happenings (pool parties know, others who know me, PM for the short version, I am not clogging a GDT thread).   Bringing  the hype, shredding the new fretless, and getting pumped for the 4rd.  Let’s Go Wings!

How did Mantha’s goal look?

RAWK!

Mantha's goal was an easy tap-in off a behind-the-net feed from Nyquist. He had a goal disallowed because he kicked it in, so it was nice to see him get it back.

Big win. Not for the standings, of course, but for morale and positivity and all that.

Mantha and Bertuzzi break their scoring slumps. Mantha was our best player tonight, IMO. He looked really good.

Rare Riggy goal, always welcome. Abby finally gets one and I doubt he cares that it was an empty-netter.

Bernier was solid. Not spectacular, but he didn't really have to be -- which is itself a good thing.

The most important thing: We won a game against a team that had Ben Bishop in net. Holy crap.

Edited by Dabura

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ha ha ha ha.  On pace for 15 points.

You can't spell "Abdelkader" without "leader." :satisfied:

Srsly tho. With 2 assists tonight, the REAL future captain (Larkin) has put up 4 goals and 9 points thru 11 games. That is one of the few positives we can take from these first 11 games.