• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

Hughes vs. Cozens

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

Completely different package. The idea being that this would be our chance to go crazy and pursue dragons and unicorns and other mythical trade targets.

Is that opportunity sexier than the opportunity to draft a much-needed star? Probably not. But all it takes is one GM who's willing to give us something that's too good to pass up.

So what sort of package would you be willing to give up Jack Hughes for? 

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

So what sort of package would you be willing to give up Jack Hughes for? 

Well, I do like me some Ivan Provorov. Maybe Provorov + Konecny + 2019/2020 1st? I doubt Philly goes for that if all they're getting is Hughes, so maybe that's a scenario where you actually add a piece or two on top of Hughes.

I'm just spitballing here, mind you.

20 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Well, I do like me some Ivan Provorov. Maybe Provorov + Konecny + 2019/2020 1st? I doubt Philly goes for that if all they're getting is Hughes, so maybe that's a scenario where you actually add a piece or two on top of Hughes.

I'm just spitballing here, mind you.

Zach Werenski and Pierre-Luc Dubois...

You know this would work because they're both left-handed.

Also, just think about all the great footage on FS-D about how Dylan and Zach are childhood friends...

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Zach Werenski and Pierre-Luc Dubois...

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You know this would work because they're both left-handed.

Funny-GIF.gif

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Also, just think about all the great footage on FS-D about how Dylan and Zach are childhood friends...

giphy.gif

All these threads about the 2019 draft make me salivate for the WJC coming up this December.

Let the games begin!

EDIT - ok dumb question...If the Wings end 31st in the league - what's the lowest possible spot for them to drop in the draft? 2nd, 3rd, 5th?

Edited by F.Michael

6 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

All these threads about the 2019 draft make me salivate for the WJC coming up this December.

Let the games begin!

EDIT - ok dumb question...If the Wings end 31st in the league - what's the lowest possible spot for them to drop in the draft? 2nd, 3rd, 5th?

4th. The most any lottery team can drop is 3 spots.

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

4th. The most any lottery team can drop is 3 spots.

Thanks!

As a pessimist/realist...We will most likely finish at, or near the bottom, and just  as we had seen with the last 2 drafts we'll most likely fall back a few spots :annoyed:

8 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Thanks!

As a pessimist/realist...We will most likely finish at, or near the bottom, and just  as we had seen with the last 2 drafts we'll most likely fall back a few spots :annoyed:

This is exactly why I'm optimistic this year. We dropped one spot last year and two spots two years ago. This is our year!...

5 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Thanks!

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

With the lottery draft the way it is, am I the only one that doesn't really like getting all hyped up for a 1st overall? It's a 22% (i think) chance to win it if we finish last, but a 78% chance we don't win.

I think I am good with at least getting a top 5 pick and taking BPA. Not doing anything crazy. I'll get hyped up about drafting with the 1st over all once we have it. Maybe that makes me no fun, don't know.

8 hours ago, xault said:

With the lottery draft the way it is, am I the only one that doesn't really like getting all hyped up for a 1st overall? It's a 22% (i think) chance to win it if we finish last, but a 78% chance we don't win.

I think I am good with at least getting a top 5 pick and taking BPA. Not doing anything crazy. I'll get hyped up about drafting with the 1st over all once we have it. Maybe that makes me no fun, don't know.

*LGW used Hype!*

*It's not very effective...*

eafbd04cec7ededd574c1f8aad4db943.jpg

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

8 hours ago, xault said:

Nah, you're definitely not alone there.

I am, of course, a HYPE! friend, so I'm embracing the possibility that we could win the lottery. But I'm not operating under the assumption or expectation that it's actually going to happen. Because that would be setting myself up for heartbreak.

Beggars can't be choosers, and the Wings are beggars, so I'll be satisfied with a top-five pick. Missing out on Hughes would be disappointing, especially if we finish 31st, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. And there's always next year!

Speaking of next year, Alex Lafreniere has been getting the "next Crosby" treatment. So we picked a pretty good time to bottom out.

17 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

@frankgrimes used to call this a "positive surprise" :lol:

I miss him...He was silly.

10 hours ago, xault said:

And even more gut wrenching is having the 1st overall pick flop bad...

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Nah, you're definitely not alone there.

I am, of course, a HYPE! friend, so I'm embracing the possibility that we could win the lottery. But I'm not operating under the assumption or expectation that it's actually going to happen. Because that would be setting myself up for heartbreak.

Beggars can't be choosers, and the Wings are beggars, so I'll be satisfied with a top-five pick. Missing out on Hughes would be disappointing, especially if we finish 31st, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. And there's always next year!

Speaking of next year, Alex Lafreniere has been getting the "next Crosby" treatment. So we picked a pretty good time to bottom out.

We gotta try to stay positive...Yzerman went 4th overall in '83 so there's hope that we can nab a top notch player with a top 5 draft pick.