• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

Outside the Box Moves to Accelerate the Rebuild

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You guys are going to be REALLY disappointed when Nyquist, Vanek, and Green don't waive their NTC's and are still on the roster come TDL

I don't think NTCs matter much to pending UFAs. Like why the f*** would Nyquist NOT waive his NTC at the deadline? So he can delay moving a few months? It's not like Kenny's trying to deal him to Ottawa. His NTC and preferences might limit potential trades returns but he's either extended or gone come the end of Feb.

7 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I don't think NTCs matter much to pending UFAs. Like why the f*** would Nyquist NOT waive his NTC at the deadline? So he can delay moving a few months? It's not like Kenny's trying to deal him to Ottawa. His NTC and preferences might limit potential trades returns but he's either extended or gone come the end of Feb.

Yeah, I think Nyquist will waive his NTC, in hopes of going on a playoff run and maybe winning a Stanley Cup. He could always come back to Detroit a few months later if both sides agree on a return. Vanek, I'm not so sure. For whatever reason (he likes it in Detroit), he might not be willing to waive his NTC. I guess going to playoff teams that aren't really contenders like Montreal, Florida, and Columbus has soured him on the idea of getting traded at the deadline. Maybe if a team like Tampa or Nashville showed interest, he'd reconsider.

1. Relocate the whole team to Seattle, and rename them the "Red Herrings".

2. Buy expansion franchise. 

3. Hire Yzerman as GM and Scotty Bowman as VP.

4. Clean up in a Vegas Golden Knights style expansion draft.

5. Make SCF in first season.

6. Rebuild over.

Image result for thinking outside the box

https://wingsnation.com/2018/11/13/why-the-red-wings-should-trade-for-daniel-sprong/

I'm not sure if Sprong is actually available but this is the sort of "outside the box" (at least to Red Wings standards) moves I'd like to see. Young player with high upside, that may just need a change of scenery. He put up very strong numbers in the QMJHL and AHL, is only 21 years old and a right-handed winger. Checks all the boxes.

"A prolific scoring winger who possesses an elite-level skillset: has dynamic skating ability, is a creative passer, and has incredible puckhandling ability. While he is offensively dominant, he is also defensively responsible. A very hard working player who strives to improve all aspects of his game. Absolutely electric." (Curtis Joe, EP 2014)

Sounds like a low risk, high reward move, if we could somehow acquire him. The article suggests that we may be able to get him for one of our pending free agents, Nyquist, Vanek or Jensen (or Daley). I think Jensen would be a decent starting point. Maybe add a player like Ehn or Holmstrom would get it done? No idea, but I do really like the idea of this sort of trade...

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

https://wingsnation.com/2018/11/13/why-the-red-wings-should-trade-for-daniel-sprong/

I'm not sure if Sprong is actually available but this is the sort of "outside the box" (at least to Red Wings standards) moves I'd like to see. Young player with high upside, that may just need a change of scenery. He put up very strong numbers in the QMJHL and AHL, is only 21 years old and a right-handed winger. Checks all the boxes.

"A prolific scoring winger who possesses an elite-level skillset: has dynamic skating ability, is a creative passer, and has incredible puckhandling ability. While he is offensively dominant, he is also defensively responsible. A very hard working player who strives to improve all aspects of his game. Absolutely electric." (Curtis Joe, EP 2014)

Sounds like a low risk, high reward move, if we could somehow acquire him. The article suggests that we may be able to get him for one of our pending free agents, Nyquist, Vanek or Jensen (or Daley). I think Jensen would be a decent starting point. Maybe add a player like Ehn or Holmstrom would get it done? No idea, but I do really like the idea of this sort of trade...

Thoughts?

I wonder how much Sprong and Puljujarvi would cost us, combined. If it's not a whole lot...

24 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Thoughts?

Genius.

This is the move. Spronger is rill gud.

The Pens are mad he's not producing, but they're only giving him 4th line minutes and essentially expecting him to produce with a 300 year old Matt Cullen as his centermen.

Ken. I know you read this.

GIT

ER

DONE