• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

In Praise of Tyler Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

37 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Lil Bert is like one of those blue collar guys that become fan favorites in the minors, even tho they lack skill, because they work their butts off for their team. Except Tyler has an NHL skill set.

And he has a history of playoff heroics.

17 hours ago, Dabura said:

And he has a history of playoff heroics.

You can see his passion.  That's the big problem with Mantha.  He lacks the passion that Larkin, AA, and Bertuzzi have.  You can even see that passion in Big Ras.  Through all that Toews-like stoicness, you can see it.  Mantha just doesn't emit that same energy.

14 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You can see his passion.  That's the big problem with Mantha.  He lacks the passion that Larkin, AA, and Bertuzzi have.  You can even see that passion in Big Ras.  Through all that Toews-like stoicness, you can see it.  Mantha just doesn't emit that same energy.

Big soft Mantha.

14 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

30 goals, 50 points

34 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Mantha certainly fancies himself a finesse player, but he lays some good hits now and then especially the last few games. He doesn't take ppls heads off but I certainly wouldn't call him soft.

It's "hit and miss" with him.

Edited by chaps80

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Mantha certainly fancies himself a finesse player, but he lays some good hits now and then especially the last few games. He doesn't take ppls heads off but I certainly wouldn't call him soft.

That's the problem with the "size = strength" narrative in the NHL. Just because a guy is bigger, doesn't mean he has to play a physical style, just like smaller guys don't have to be skill players. A lot of smaller guys are physical, its just how they play. I have no problem with a bigger guy playing a finesse game so long as he plays it well. Train/teach these kids to play to what got them where they are. Stop trying to change them into a different player. Make them better at what they already do, improve their skills in the areas where its lacking. Coaching isn't brain science.

Dear Santa,

Please let lil'Bert not get suspended, or at the most get 1 game...I really - REALLY wanna see lil'Bert in action against the Maple Leafs this Thursday...I'm hoping he welcomes back that weiner - err - nice guy William Nylander back to the NHL with a thunderous body check, and be on him like a pitbull on a porkchop throughout the game.

Your pal,
FMichael

Edited by F.Michael

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Dear Santa,

Please let lil'Bert not get suspended, or at the most get 1 game...I really - REALLY wanna see lil'Bert in action against the Maple Leafs this Thursday...I'm hoping he welcomes back that weiner - err - nice guy William Nylander back to the NHL with a thunderous body check, and be on him like a pitbull on a porkchop throughout the game.

Your pal,
FMichael

I hope he grabs Pigman and starts pounding away.  

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Dear Santa,

Your pal,
FMichael

*Satan

On 11/30/2018 at 4:42 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Lil Bert is like one of those blue collar guys that become fan favorites in the minors, even tho they lack skill, because they work their butts off for their team. Except Tyler has an NHL skill set.

He's 1 of t hose types that you'll find in rounds 2 thru 4 in the draft...They have the tenacity, but will they continue to develop the skill to play in the NHL?

Like you said - he's coming along nicely.