• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jonas Mahonas

Moose vs. Mantha

Rate this topic

Mantha is a -13 on the season.  Ouch.  

Seriously, though, he has at least shown something during his career.  There's potential that other teams will be willing to gamble on.  Moose is not as polished.  

I don't trade either at this point.

2 hours ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

I'm getting rid of Moose.  Although I'm pretty disappointed in his effort and season he's currently having, Mantha just has too much upside to throw in the towel on him right now.  This may change, but this is how I look at this today.. 

Interesting.  I see it the other way.  I think we've seen Mantha's ceiling, but I think we've only seen Moose's floor.

I’m a big Rasmussen fan. He has a unique skill set that mixed with his size is something the league hasn’t really seen before. Could put up huge numbers and adds  a whole dynamic to a line

Mantha is what he is at this point. Around 25 goals a year. Could break 30 in prime years with a good centermen but fans shouldn’t bank on it. He hasn’t been a dominant player ever in his pro career

Both good pieces

2 hours ago, joesuffP said:

I’m a big Rasmussen fan. He has a unique skill set that mixed with his size is something the league hasn’t really seen before. Could put up huge numbers and adds  a whole dynamic to a line

Mantha is what he is at this point. Around 25 goals a year. Could break 30 in prime years with a good centermen but fans shouldn’t bank on it. He hasn’t been a dominant player ever in his pro career

Both good pieces

Huh?  There's nothing he has the league hasn't seen before.    

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Yeah, I was really confused by that part too... I think he'll be a good player for us, but there are plenty of players in the league past and present that resemble what Rasmussen can bring to the table.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Image result for hockey moose

"RESPECT THE GAME"

"Respect the Process"

3 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

His ability in front of the goalie screening and tipping shots. With his size and sense around the net it’s a proven and sustainable way to score a lot in the NHL. One of the few players in the organization with a skill that could be considered elite. It could be a super effective specialty that no team has. It’s always effective and can’t be gameplanned for. I’m thinking he can be the best the league has ever seen-better than Holmstrom in front of the net 

1 hour ago, joesuffP said:

His ability in front of the goalie screening and tipping shots. With his size and sense around the net it’s a proven and sustainable way to score a lot in the NHL. One of the few players in the organization with a skill that could be considered elite. It could be a super effective specialty that no team has. It’s always effective and can’t be gameplanned for. I’m thinking he can be the best the league has ever seen-better than Holmstrom in front of the net 

That's all about attitude and willingness, not size.  Holmstrom was not a huge guy but was willing to take punishment in front of the net.  Rasmussen is a big guy, however, big doesn't mean tough.  Ciccarelli was a smaller player as well.    

Edited by GMRwings1983

24 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

That's all about attitude and willingness, not size.  Holmstrom was not a huge guy but was willing to take punishment in front of the net.  Rasmussen is a big guy, however, big doesn't mean tough.  Ciccarelli was a smaller player as well.    

My point is his skill at deflecting pucks and his size allows him to be immovable  and he has a great attitude. He understands that’s how he’s going to score. Something Mantha hasn’t grasped yet

13 hours ago, joesuffP said:

You mean, the best YOU have ever seen.  You obviously never watched Phil Esposito.  

They made bumper stickers because he was so good in front of the net.