• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jonas Mahonas

Moose vs. Mantha

Rate this topic

On 11/6/2018 at 4:38 PM, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I was really confused by that part too... I think he'll be a good player for us, but there are plenty of players in the league past and present that resemble what Rasmussen can bring to the table.

"RESPECT THE GAME"

"Respect the Process"

Image result for thats a fact jack gif

9 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You mean, the best YOU have ever seen.  You obviously never watched Phil Esposito.  

They made bumper stickers because he was so good in front of the net.

No. I doubt he lives in a nursing home.

Good news everyone!

Kronwall and Abdelkader are no longer on either power play!

w82m59ol35x11.jpg

More Blashill sanity: Mantha and Rasmussen both playing in front of the net

I'd prefer to have Goose on the #1 unit but whatevs I guess

Also think it's kinda dumb that our only two righties are on the same unit together, but again, whatevs

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Good news everyone!

Kronwall and Abdelkader are no longer on either power play!

w82m59ol35x11.jpg

More Blashill sanity: Mantha and Rasmussen both playing in front of the net

I'd prefer to have Goose on the #1 unit but whatevs I guess

Also think it's kinda dumb that our only two righties are on the same unit together, but again, whatevs

I really don't understand why Green and Cholowski aren't switched. Cholowski has been money on the PP, meanwhile Mike Green still doesn't look like he's 100% in regards to his timing. Although as I'm typing this I'm thinking how it's probably better if Frk is fed one timers by a righty, so I dunno WHATEVER I just want to complain REEEEE

image.jpeg.206a5713797f52b415b0c0eb981c8d0a.jpeg

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

Because it's easier for lefties to set up other lefties for one timers and righties to set up other righties.  You telegraph the pass otherwise.  There's a reason why Mike Green was always on the PP with Ovechkin and not on the other unit.  Now Ovechkin and Carlson (another righty) are running buddies on the pp.  So if your primary shooting threat is a righty (Frk) you put him with another righty (Green).  And you can bet that if Filip Zadina was on the left side of the PP, he'd be better off with Cholo up top than Green. 

Edited by kipwinger

Lol, the pass is telegraphed just by having Frk in the lineup. Wings treat him like they think he's Ovechkin. Should at least be on the 2nd unit where he wouldn't take opportunities away from Larkin and Mantha. 

I like Bert and Mantha on the same unit, since it would let Mantha play more of a hybrid net-front/slot position. 

4 hours ago, Buppy said:

Lol, the pass is telegraphed just by having Frk in the lineup. Wings treat him like they think he's Ovechkin. Should at least be on the 2nd unit where he wouldn't take opportunities away from Larkin and Mantha. 

I like Bert and Mantha on the same unit, since it would let Mantha play more of a hybrid net-front/slot position. 

I'm fine with the dude being on the 2nd unit.  No issues with that at all.  I'd just move Green there with him.  Frk is only there to blast one timers, so if Blashill is going to keep him on the PP, he might as well make sure a righty is passing to him. 

I like the opposite though too.  I think AA should be on the left side with a left shot point (Cholo or Kronwall) because I think AA's got a very underrated one timer. 

22 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'm fine with the dude being on the 2nd unit.  No issues with that at all.  I'd just move Green there with him.  Frk is only there to blast one timers, so if Blashill is going to keep him on the PP, he might as well make sure a righty is passing to him. 

I like the opposite though too.  I think AA should be on the left side with a left shot point (Cholo or Kronwall) because I think AA's got a very underrated one timer. 

He literally scores with a nice looking one timer the game after you post this, tell me more about our other players underrated qualities now please. 

On 11/10/2018 at 6:45 PM, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

He literally scores with a nice looking one timer the game after you post this, tell me more about our other players underrated qualities now please. 

Mantha is lazy and he sucks.

Tomas Tatar has 15 points in 17 games. Glad he's having a bounce back year. He still plays for us, right?

Abby has 3 goals in the last 4 games. As he's heating up, so is the team. Maybe that's why he gets so much ice time.

Howard has a .933, .950 and a .952 game save percentage in his last 5 games.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Every game Rasmussen plays is evidence that I was WAY wrong on that pick.  Yikes. 

Same.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I didnt like him at first either.  

Me neither.

Also, the player I wanted us to take, Vilardi, hasn't played a single game in nearly a full year, due to back issues. Doesn't look good for him. Liljegren still looks like he could be a solid defenseman, but at this point I'd probably take Big Ras over him. What a beast this kid is turning out to be. 

16 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Also, at this point I'd offer Mantha and Glendening to Toronto for Nylander. 

We'd probably need to throw in a 1st too.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Was thinking the same exact thing. But what's Nylander's contract going to look like? That's my hangup.

8 years, 60 million.  And I'm fine with it.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Was thinking the same exact thing. But what's Nylander's contract going to look like? That's my hangup.

I'd sign him for 7 or 7.5 as long as he took the max contract.  Even if it turns out he's only worth 6 million, I'd still rather overpay 60+ point guy than overpay a depth player. 

Edited by kipwinger

Just now, kipwinger said:

I'd sign him for 7 or 7.5 all long as he took the max contract.  Even if it turns out he's only worth 6 million, I'd still rather overpay 60+ point guy than overpay a depth player. 

I guess my concern is that he's a 60+ point player *as a Maple Leaf* but maybe not as a Red Wing. I'd want to be confident he's a guy we can build around and I don't think I'm *quite* there. And that's an enormous contract for someone I'm not 100% sold on.

But that's just me.

9 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

We'd probably need to throw in a 1st too.

Doubt it.  Pacioretty was acquired for Tatar, Suzuki, and a 2nd.  I don't see Nylander getting a much better return than that.  A 1st plus Mantha and Glendening would be a really big haul.  But I do think you may have to add a 2nd or 3rd.  Which, obviously I'd do. 

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

I guess my concern is that he's a 60+ point player *as a Maple Leaf* but maybe not as a Red Wing. I'd want to be confident he's a guy we can build around and I don't think I'm *quite* there. And that's an enormous contract for someone I'm not 100% sold on.

But that's just me.

Cap keeps going up about every year.  7 million used to be HUGE.  Now you've got the really high end guys making 10+ million, so 7 or 7.5 isn't bad for a guy like that.  Plus, there's no reason to think he's already had to his two best NHL seasons.  Could you imagine the following as your top 9?

Ras-Larkin-Nylander

Zadina-Dach/Cozens-Ras

AA-Veleno-Berggren

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Cap keeps going up about every year.  7 million used to be HUGE.  Now you've got the really high end guys making 10+ million, so 7 or 7.5 isn't bad for a guy like that.  Plus, there's no reason to think he's already had to his two best NHL seasons.  Could you imagine the following as your top 9?

Ras-Larkin-Nylander

Zadina-Dach/Cozens-Ras

AA-Veleno-Berggren

If you're convinced that you could put him on any team and he'd be a 70+ point beast (for years and years to come), going hard after him makes all the sense in the world. I'm just not fully convinced he's truly That Player. We're working with a somewhat small sample size and he's played on some high-scoring Leafs teams. I dunno. It's a tough one, for me.