• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

11/6 Keep the Faith GDT - Canucks @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, mackel said:

Does anyone else think a contender may have genuine interest in Jimmy at the deadline.  Assuming of course he's not injured... I've been really impressed with him so far this season.

Indeed.

If he can stay healthy, and keep up this level of play I'm certain a few teams will inquire about his services...Might even be sooner than later when looking at teams like Philly, and St.Louis.

37 minutes ago, Dabura said:

A common complaint from 'hawks fans is that he doesn't like kids. So it's possibe. (Granted, fans of all teams say their coaches don't like kids.)

In any case, it was a stupid gamble.

Not sure if I buy the idea that he didn't play the kids enough...I don't recall hearing this several years ago when most of the Hawks were just kids...Maybe - just maybe the kids on the Hawks today aren't very good so Coach Q relied on the guys (those who are still there) who helped win 3 Cups.

So. Pretty weird game, right?

Wings were basically garbage through the first period and a half. Started to wake up right around the time of the Abby goal late in the 2nd. 3rd period was good hockey. Just more proof that "momentum" is a thing.

It's a shame Larkin got cheated out of an assist on the Abby goal, but he was the difference in the shootout, so he did manage to leave his mark on the game. Took a hell of a beating tonight, but he warrior'd through it, like a true leader does. I'm just hoping we don't get one of those dreaded "Ha! You thought we were in the clear? Nah, fam. Turns out he actually broke both his arms on that play and now he's out for months" post-game reveals.

Nyquist is getting things done and you've got to respect it. 13 points thru 15 games now. The de la Rose line seems to have some chemistry. Rasmussen is looking more and more comfortable and effective.

Howard is a boss. Nuff said.

Big thing, for me, is this is another comeback win. It's good for young players to experience these (from both sides) and learn early in their careers that a two-goal deficit is just numbers, not an actual barrier to winning. Just gotta put your head down and dig deep. Gotta...keep the faith. *ahem*

This Rangers game should be interesting.

Just now, F.Michael said:

Not sure if I buy the idea that he didn't play the kids enough...I don't recall hearing this several years ago when most of the Hawks were just kids...Maybe - just maybe the kids on the Hawks today aren't very good so Coach Q relied on the guys (those who are still there) who helped win 3 Cups.

Well, my point was mainly that Quenneville, like any other NHL coach, is gonna lean on veterans, sometimes for seemingly no good reason. So, maybe Quenneville wouldn't have gone with Abby in the shootout...but maybe he would've. I think it was dumb of Blashill to do it and I think he dodged a bullet, but I'm not tallying this as a win for the "Fire Blashill! Hire [insert high-profile coach]!" side. ;)

29 minutes ago, mackel said:

Does anyone else think a contender may have genuine interest in Jimmy at the deadline.  Assuming of course he's not injured... I've been really impressed with him so far this season.

Thing with Howard is he starts strong and fades as the season goes on. That's been the trend for the past few seasons. Hopefully it doesn't play out that way this season.

8 hours ago, mackel said:

Honestly I do. Not just because I do not like him either. I'd be ok with trading him, then trying to re-sign him again.

I also believe that both Nyquist and Daley will be dealt, possibly both to the same Cup contending team. Pit?

47 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Trade him before he fades...

Methinks multiple planets would have to align for Holland to pull the trigger on a Howard trade well in advance of trade deadline week. And there's definitely a part of me that suspects Howard won't get moved at all. Guess we'll see what we see.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Methinks multiple planets would have to align for Holland to pull the trigger on a Howard trade well in advance of trade deadline week. And there's definitely a part of me that suspects Howard won't get moved at all. Guess we'll see what we see.

Me too. Def won't be moved for a Mrazek type return. Holland might consider moving him for a 2nd but otherwise I think he stays and re-signs before July 1st. And I'm OK with that. 

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Me too. Def won't be moved for a Mrazek type return. Holland might consider moving him for a 2nd but otherwise I think he stays and re-signs before July 1st. And I'm OK with that.

Worth noting that Unhappy Bobrovsky is still a thing. Could be that the entire goalie trade market hinges on what happens there.

38 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I also believe that both Nyquist and Daley will be dealt, possibly both to the same Cup contending team. Pit?

Pittsburgh could be a good fit. Edmonton and Nashville also spring to mind.

Honestly, I think every competitive team should be very interested in Nyquist. He's shredding the "Take away Zetterberg and he's nothing" narrative and establishing himself as one of the better veteran playmaking wingers in the league, IMO.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Pittsburgh could be a good fit. Edmonton and Nashville also spring to mind.

Honestly, I think every competitive team should be very interested in Nyquist. He's shredding the "Take away Zetterberg and he's nothing" narrative and establishing himself as one of the better veteran playmaking wingers in the league, IMO.

Yeah boi keep Nyquist and Howard f*** the haters

I was going to start a Helm appreciation thread, but I thought maybe that would be a bit much... But I just want to say, I don't mind Helm on the top line with Larkin and Mantha... for now anyway. He was outstanding last night. Won just about every puck battle and created a lot of space for Larkin and Mantha to do their thing. It didn't result in a goal, but a lot of zone time and scoring opportunities. He looked like the tenacious, 22 year-old, dog on a bone Helm when he first entered the league. Good to see.

A small aside, Frk also played a great game, had a lot of scoring opportunities and set Megan up for that great chance. He ripped one just wide, rang one off the post, and scored a goal that was overturned due to being offside, and he wasn't credited with a single shot on goal... :lol:

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I was going to start a Helm appreciation thread, but I thought maybe that would be a bit much... But I just want to say, I don't mind Helm on the top line with Larkin and Mantha... for now anyway. He was outstanding last night. Won just about every puck battle and created a lot of space for Larkin and Mantha to do their thing. It didn't result in a goal, but a lot of zone time and scoring opportunities. He looked like the tenacious, 22 year-old, dog on a bone Helm when he first entered the league. Good to see.

A small aside, Frk also played a great game, had a lot of scoring opportunities and set Megan up for that great chance. He ripped one just wide, rang one off the post, and scored a goal that was overturned due to being offside, and he wasn't credited with a single shot on goal... :lol:

I think the idea of Helm on the top line is Helmer being the Hyman of the Hyman/Matthews combo, or the Burrows of the Burrows/Sedin/Sedin combo. His job being to win battles, retrieve pucks, and give those pucks to Larkin and Mantha. Worked well last night. I remember a few plays where I was saying out loud "Git em Darren".

But imagine if Larkin had wingers that can score. He’s getting it done playing primarily with wingers that have a combined 9 points. Now that the second line is producing it would be cool to see AA with Larkin

Edited by joesuffP

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

And what, pray tell, exactly was this thing that Mantha did? :lol:

Just now, krsmith17 said:

I suppose Mantha had another bad game did he? Your Mantha hate is next level s***...

I don't hate Mantha. I want to love him. He did look better last night. I was pleased to see him finally attach the slot off the boards. 

But you didn't answer my question. You said Helm "created space for Larkin and Mantha to their thing". I'm well aware of what Larkin's "thing" has been. I'd like you to explain to me what you think Mantha's "thing" is.