• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Secret

Blackhawks Fire Coach Quenneville

Rate this topic

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/blackhawks-fire-coach-joel-quenneville-and-assistant-coaches/

G'dang'it. Fire Blashill already. Get him off the bench and away from our under-developing youths. Hire a proven coach in Quenneville. The Holland/Blashill tandem sucks b@lls and needs to be terminated. We have given this experiment way too much time and there has been little to no progress and in fact a lot of our players have regressed each year under Blashill. He needs to go back to coaching Pee-wee hockey and Holland needs to clear the way for Stevie to come home. Enough is enough. I did not watch one game last year and will continue my protest until this ends. Fans of the Red Wings need to make their voices heard before we become the Leafs... why make any effort if the company still makes money? Hit them where it hurts them. I don't think Quenneville makes us a cup contender but I do think, as I have said like a broken record, I believe it will make us a hard team to play against right now and then to see progress from there.

Scotty is not available but Quenneville is and Yzerman has publicly made it known he will be... they both also have winning in their blood. Or maybe we can wait even longer for Blashill to figure things out and for Holland to make more horrible decisions for the future of the team?!?! The on-ice product has been so much fun to watch since the Blashill take-over.

19 minutes ago, The Secret said:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/blackhawks-fire-coach-joel-quenneville-and-assistant-coaches/

G'dang'it. Fire Blashill already. Get him off the bench and away from our under-developing youths. Hire a proven coach in Quenneville. The Holland/Blashill tandem sucks b@lls and needs to be terminated. We have given this experiment way too much time and there has been little to no progress and in fact a lot of our players have regressed each year under Blashill. He needs to go back to coaching Pee-wee hockey and Holland needs to clear the way for Stevie to come home. Enough is enough. I did not watch one game last year and will continue my protest until this ends. Fans of the Red Wings need to make their voices heard before we become the Leafs... why make any effort if the company still makes money? Hit them where it hurts them. I don't think Quenneville makes us a cup contender but I do think, as I have said like a broken record, I believe it will make us a hard team to play against right now and then to see progress from there.

If only we could be so lucky

18 minutes ago, The Secret said:

Harder than 60 Minutes of Hell ? Impossible!!

Also, if you're not watching a single game you should sort of not maybe sort of you know, be so opinionated? 

6 minutes ago, The Secret said:

Scotty is not available but Quenneville is and Yzerman has publicly made it known he will be... they both also have winning in their blood. Or maybe we can wait even longer for Blashill to figure things out and for Holland to make more horrible decisions for the future of the team?!?! The on-ice product has been so much fun to watch since the Blashill take-over.

The kids are doing fine under Blashill. Quenneville's not gonna want to come to Detroit. We are a bad team because we have almost zero high-end talent.

Edited by Dabura

Just now, Dabura said:

The kids are doing fine under Blashill. Quenneville's not gonna want to come to Detroit. We are a bad team because we have no almost zero high-end talent.

BECAUSE OF KEN HOLLAND NOT BEING ABLE TO MAKE THEM TRADES FOR #1 DRAFT PICKS!!!!!!!

22 minutes ago, The Secret said:

Sorry, but I find it hard to take your opinion with any credence when you admittedly haven't watched a single game in a year and half or longer... Maybe Blashill isn't the best coach in the world (he's certainly not the worst), but this team isn't going anywhere any time soon, regardless who's behind the bench. Blashill is not the reason we're a bad team. We're a bad team because we don't have any elite players. We don't have any elite players because we've been so good for so long. Maybe, if Blashill is as bad as you think he is, he will be the reason we finally get that elite player we so desperately need in next year's draft... Or maybe we'll be bad enough this year despite who the coach is, due to the natural cycle of a salary cap league...

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Sorry, but I find it hard to take your opinion with any credence when you admittedly haven't watched a single game in a year and half or longer... Maybe Blashill isn't the best coach in the world (he's certainly not the worst), but this team isn't going anywhere any time soon, regardless who's behind the bench. Blashill is not the reason we're a bad team. We're a bad team because we don't have any elite players. We don't have any elite players because we've been so good for so long. Maybe, if Blashill is as bad as you think he is, he will be the reason we finally get that elite player we so desperately need in next year's draft... Or maybe we'll be bad enough this year despite who the coach is, due to the natural cycle of a salary cap league...

BECAUSE OF KEN HOLLAND NOT BEING ABLE TO MAKE THEM TRADES FOR #1 DRAFT PICKS!!!!!!!

30 minutes ago, Dabura said:

WE SHOULD HIRE SCOTTY BOWMAN

THERE'S A MAN THAT KNOWS HOW TO WIN

SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON AND BE SURE TO CLICK THE BELL FOR NOTIFICATIONS

On a quick little election day side note, a couple of choices on the ballot for State Board of Education is Scotty Boman (missing the W) and John Tatar. Funny right? But following that up with one of the choices on the ballot for U of M Regent is John Hudler.

Not trying to turn this political by no means, just thought it was super funny seeing those names on my ballot this morning! :lol:

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Ah f***. This thread just triggered Lefty. :lol:

I don't get triggered anymore. But ya, the loyalty thing has really hurt this team in recent years. 

Edited by LeftWinger

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

On a quick little election dat side note, a couple of choices on the ballot for State Board of Education is Scotty Boman (missing the W) and John Tatar. Funny right? But following that up with one of the choices on the ballot for U of M Regent is John Hudler.

Not trying to turn this political by no means, just thought it was super funny seeing those names on my ballot this morning! :lol:

I'm hoping this is a good omen!

I'm really not sure how people expected this team to perform this season. Would a different coach make this team any better? Maybe... I'm not sure though. Larkin is having a breakout season. Mantha has struggled. I doubt that's on Blashill though. Athanasiou was playing the best hockey I've seen him play prior to the injury. Bertuzzi is playing above expectations. Rasmussen is playing as well as you can expect a 19 year-old. Cholowski has far exceeded expectations. Who are all these kids that he's "ruining their development"?

EDIT: Even if a different coach like Quenneville would make this team slightly better, is that really the best thing for this team going forward. No it's not...

Edited by krsmith17

I'm telling you what though, I hope and pray that neither one of Chicago or Pittsburgh don't get any shot at Jack Hughes! I think we're safe with Pit, but with this firing, it looks like Chicago may be a dumpster this season, that would suck if they got #1! 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Whatever. Some lunatic starts a thread like this and summons you like Beetlejuice :lol:

Nah, I was logging on here to comment on those three names on the Michigan ballot and I see this thread. Not triggered, but with the couple of coaches being fired thus far, it's mind boggling how Blashill is still ours and IMO it's for no other reason than being loyal to his contract. Which is a dumb reason.

Anyhow,I am sure Q won't be unemployed for long. I never liked the guy, especially when he was in St. Louis, so if, on the outside chance he became our coach, I'd have a struggle liking it.

Edited by LeftWinger

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Nah, I was logging on here to comment on those three names on the Michigan ballot and I see this thread. Not triggered, but with the couple of coaches being fired thus far, it's mind boggling how Blashill is still ours and IMO it's for no other reason than being loyal to his contract. Which is a dumb reason.

Anyhow,I am sure Q won't be unemployed for long. I never liked the guy, especially when he was in St. Louis, so if, on the outside chance he became our coach, I'd have a struggle liking it.

So you want Blashill to be fired and the Wings to improve? But what if Detroit end up with a better record than Chicago and then THIS happens? 

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm telling you what though, I hope and pray that neither one of Chicago or Pittsburgh don't get any shot at Jack Hughes! I think we're safe with Pit, but with this firing, it looks like Chicago may be a dumpster this season, that would suck if they got #1! 

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

No, the reason is, Holland and Blashill are on the same page. It's time for fans (the same fans that have been begging for this rebuild) to get on that page as well... We're not good. Why do people want this team to exceed expectations? That's literally the worst case scenario for this team right now. I'd hate to have an elite coach that was able to pull this team, scratching and clawing all the way to the playoffs, only to get bounced in the first round... "Trust the process".

28 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

On a quick little election day side note, a couple of choices on the ballot for State Board of Education is Scotty Boman (missing the W) and John Tatar. Funny right? But following that up with one of the choices on the ballot for U of M Regent is John Hudler.

I don't get triggered anymore. But ya, the loyalty thing has really hurt this team in recent years. 

Funny names fersure lol another interesting name on their is John James #Based

Coach Q is going directly to the LA Kings, let the countdown begin.

I've said this in many other threads now, and I'm guessing at this point I will be repeating myself all season, REBUILDING TEAMS LOSE, that's what they do. Ya'll have wanted to sell and rebuild for so long, and now we're in the thick of it and you suddenly don't understand why we're losing and you're upsets.

e93.jpg

Blashill was brought in because he develops kids and won with kids at the AHL level. That's LITERALLY the exact skillset you want in a coach presiding over a rebuild. But ya'll want to have your cake and eat it too... not gonna happen. We are BAD. Probably gonna be bad for a while bad. So strap in. Swapping out for coach Q is not gonna do anything for us at this point.

Larkin is playing great this year - Blash gets no credit
Athanasiou is playing great this year - Blash gets no credit
Bertuzzi is playing great this year - Blash gets no credit
Cholowski is a gift from god - Blash gets no credit
Rasmussen is now turning it on - Blash gets no credit

Blashill is doing essentially what was asked of him. The only kid struggling under him right now is Mantha.

Welcome to rebuilding Sally's

Great points and I agree to some extent.

However, coaching and staff don't go against your cap.  So when a good coach becomes available, I think you have to seriously consider.  If Coach Q came in under the following it may work: Stevie will be GM next year.  Assertions that EVERYTHING will be done to rebuild as quickly as possible, and that he'll get superstars within a few years.  Long term deal.  World class hockey town and fans.  Original 6 team.  Great, I mean GREAT money.  It may work.  

Blash is doing as advertised BUT nothing more.  He's doing some good things with our youth and development.  However, when he was hired, I do believe the expectations were that he was going to do more than just be a great developmental coach to our younger players.  I believe he was expected to do bring these young guys along and put a competitive NHL.team on the ice.  He has not done this.  Not entirely his fault do to many personnel issues/retirements/bad signings. I wouldn't be upset if we didn't make a run at Coach Q, but I'd seriously consider it.  Good coaches are not easy to come by.

Lastly, I believe Babs would have taken the Toronto job regardless if they were coming to the tipping point of going from a rebuild to being really competitive.  $50 million reasons why he likely did this.  Toronto threw a Brinks truck at him..why...cause good coaches are hard to find.  They don't go against your cap, and if you can get them and they align with your vision for the future of the team, you go out and get them.