• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Secret

Blackhawks Fire Coach Quenneville

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Blashill is a lame duck.  Everybody knows.  This is just a stealth tank job.  Nothing more.  Blash gets relieved at year's end.  Sooner if we start getting embarrassed each night.

Welcome to the stealth tank, there's cookies in the back, bad hockey in the front.

33 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

We would not be a .500 team with ANY coach. The talent just isn't there. Its not like this is a good team. Quenneville on the other hand, has way too much talent to be a .500 team. That's why he was fired.

Coach Q is the most overrated coach in 300 years

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Welcome to the stealth tank, there's cookies in the back, bad hockey in the front.

image.thumb.png.1d5bd3e73a17bd9660816fe2a206bca4.png

Stealth TANK! All shots this season will be off-target, by design.

I say trust the process with Blash and continue to #Slack&Lose4JackHughes, reassess the coaching situation at the end of the season.

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Outta curiosity - how many 'overrated' coaches find their way into the Hockey HoF?

I ask because most 'experts' feel that's where he'll be when he retires.

5 hours ago, HockeytownUW said:

image.thumb.png.1d5bd3e73a17bd9660816fe2a206bca4.png

Stealth TANK! All shots this season will be off-target, by design.

I say trust the process with Blash and continue to #Slack&Lose4JackHughes, reassess the coaching situation at the end of the season.

Based Poles already building stealth tanks to prepare for that EU army #BewareTheGermans

16 hours ago, kylee said:

Amazing that a team that is 0.500 just fired their coach and we're over here with Blashill supposed to "trust the process" 

Stan Bowman made it clear that it's playoffs-or-bust for the 'hawks. Blashill's working with a totally different set of goalposts.

One of my favorite things about Joel Quenneville for a long time was that he always lost to the Red Wings in the playoffs...and then the Wings would go on to win the Cup

Coach Q lost to Red Wings in round 1 with St. Louis in 1997

Coach Q lost to Red Wings in round 2 with St. Louis in 1998

Coach Q lost to Red Wings in round 2 with St. Louis in 2002

Coach Q lost to Red Wings in round 2 with Colorado in 2008

Coach Q lost to Red Wings in WCF with Chicago in 2009... well, for a while they won the Cup.  At least they made the finals.

Almost had him in 2013 too...

If it had actually happened, my favorite thing would be if he'd actually fought Joe Kocur in that game where Kocur threw the chair on the ice.

Coach Q was an average run of the mill coach until he joined the Hawks in 08

He was then handed a team with:

• Prime Martin Havlat
  • Young Patrick Kane
  • Young Jonathan Toews
  • Prime Brian Campbell
  • Young Andrew Ladd
  • Prime Patrick Sharp
  • Prime Duncan Keith
  • Young Dustin Byflugien
  • Young Brent Seabrook
  • Young James Wisniewski
  • Young Niklas Hjalmarsson
  • Veteran Nikolai Khabibulin
  • Young Corey Crawford

You could hand that team to almost any coach in this league and find success, probably Blashill included.

Those 3 cup wins were setup by Dale Talon, and then Bowman did a real decent job maintaining a large amount of talent on that roster after.

Q is overrated.

Right now we have nothing close to the rosters he had to work with... that's why his presence wouldn't fix anything and also why he wouldn't wanna come here in the first place.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Coach Q was an average run of the mill coach until he joined the Hawks in 08

He was then handed a team with:

• Prime Martin Havlat
  • Young Patrick Kane
  • Young Jonathan Toews
  • Prime Brian Campbell
  • Young Andrew Ladd
  • Prime Patrick Sharp
  • Prime Duncan Keith
  • Young Dustin Byflugien
  • Young Brent Seabrook
  • Young James Wisniewski
  • Young Niklas Hjalmarsson
  • Veteran Nikolai Khabibulin
  • Young Corey Crawford

You could hand that team to almost any coach in this league and find success, probably Blashill included.

Those 3 cup wins were setup by Dale Talon, and then Bowman did a real decent job maintaining a large amount of talent on that roster after.

Q is overrated.

Right now we have nothing close to the rosters he had to work with... that's why his presence wouldn't fix anything and also why he wouldn't wanna come here in the first place.

So let me ask...How many coaches won the Cup with a piss-poor team?

Kinda like asking how many netminders are in the Hockey HoF that had never won the Cup...

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

So let me ask...How many coaches won the Cup with a piss-poor team?

Kinda like asking how many netminders are in the Hockey HoF that had never won the Cup...

No you definately have a good point. I agree that the better roster usually always wins. And I'll expand on that... that's also exactly why I think hiring Q is a pointless excercise of futility for us... and also the exact reason why I think bad/average coaches often win cups. Because the roster is 90% of the battle. 

Off the top of my head I think Coach Q is overrated, I think Darryl Sutter is overrated, I think Jon Cooper is overrated. I can probably think of more with more time....

I think Babs is the tiddies. I think Torts is extremely undervalued. I liked Lindy Ruff for a spell. Again can probs name more with more time but who really cares...

But to answer your question head on, in particular I think LAK is a bad team. I think the last few cups they won were won by average rosters. I thought 2006 Carolina stunk. And a lot of other average rosters have come remarkably close to winning it all recently. The year NJ almost won comes to mind. Think that was against the Kings too...

Anyway thats my thought. IMO Chicago has had the best roster over the last decade.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No you definately have a good point. I agree that the better roster usually always wins. And I'll expand on that... that's also exactly why I think hiring Q is a pointless excercise of futility for us... and also the exact reason why I think bad/average coaches often win cups. Because the roster is 90% of the battle. 

Off the top of my head I think Coach Q is overrated, I think Darryl Sutter is overrated, I think Jon Cooper is overrated. I can probably think of more with more time....

I think Babs is the tiddies. I think Torts is extremely undervalued. I liked Lindy Ruff for a spell. Again can probs name more with more time but who really cares...

But to answer your question head on, in particular I think LAK is a bad team. I think the last few cups they won were won by average rosters. I thought 2006 Carolina stunk. And a lot of other average rosters have come remarkably close to winning it all recently. The year NJ almost won comes to mind. Think that was against the Kings too...

Anyway thats my thought. IMO Chicago has had the best roster over the last decade.

Thoughtful response...Well done.

EDIT - to add...Just think if there wasn't a cap how many more Cups the Hawks could have won with the guys they had to move over the last several years...

Edited by F.Michael