• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

11/9 Eastern Conference Finals Preview GDT - Rangers @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

Yo. Sorry for going AWOL, fam. Something came up irl and it ate up my whole day. Looks like I missed another glorious comeback win! Truly this is the stealthiest of stealth tanks.

I think Blashill is such a bad coach he doesn’t even know how to tank properly.  

This team appears so disheveled sometimes you could believe they’ve never played a game together before, but between Howard and the work ethic of Larkin and, well really many of the guys, it’s going to be difficult to occupy the bottom of the standings.

Edited by Mckinley25
Spelling

I too didn't watch the game last night (taking a nap before going to work).

Anywho - as much as I want to see us got the 1st overall pick - I don't want the cost being the Red Wings looking like an amateur club going up against legit NHL rivals...Truth be told I want them to win, and compete to the best of their ability (as it's been noted by many others - I don't want a losing culture, and tanking doesn't always guarantee success down the road).

Chances of us making the playoffs are slim at best already, and maybe we finish mid 20's like we have the past 2 seasons, but this time we land ourselves a better pick rather than sliding down.

Wins like last night really gives them hope that better times lie ahead.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

I too didn't watch the game last night (taking a nap before going to work).

Anywho - as much as I want to see us got the 1st overall pick - I don't want the cost being the Red Wings looking like an amateur club going up against legit NHL rivals...Truth be told I want them to win, and compete to the best of their ability (as it's been noted by many others - I don't want a losing culture, and tanking doesn't always guarantee success down the road).

Chances of us making the playoffs are slim at best already, and maybe we finish mid 20's like we have the past 2 seasons, but this time we land ourselves a better pick rather than sliding down.

Wins like last night really gives them hope that better times lie ahead.

While I agree with you in general, LAST YEAR we made a huge mistake in not doing everything we could to get Dahlin.  That was a must finish last scenario, and we peeled off wins in the last 20 games that got us a potential top 6 winger instead of a certain #1D.  That was a HUGE mistake and may have set the Wings back 5-10 years.  That kind of blue chipper on the blue line is going to come around once every 10 years or so, so if you have a legit shot at him by losing 20 straight, you gotta do what needs to be done.  I'm not sold on Jack Hughes being a major. Impact player at the NHL level yet, and there are guys in the top 10 that look a lot closer to NHL ready.  So I think your assessment might be pretty spot on for a draft year like this.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

While I agree with you in general, LAST YEAR we made a huge mistake in not doing everything we could to get Dahlin.  That was a must finish last scenario, and we peeled off wins in the last 20 games that got us a potential top 6 winger instead of a certain #1D.  That was a HUGE mistake and may have set the Wings back 5-10 years.  That kind of blue chipper on the blue line is going to come around once every 10 years or so, so if you have a legit shot at him by losing 20 straight, you gotta do what needs to be done.  I'm not sold on Jack Hughes being a major. Impact player at the NHL level yet, and there are guys in the top 10 that look a lot closer to NHL ready.  So I think your assessment might be pretty spot on for a draft year like this.

They could have done that and still got the 6th overall pick. Tanking doesn't guarantee anything.