• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

11/9 Eastern Conference Finals Preview GDT - Rangers @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

While I agree with you in general, LAST YEAR we made a huge mistake in not doing everything we could to get Dahlin.  That was a must finish last scenario, and we peeled off wins in the last 20 games that got us a potential top 6 winger instead of a certain #1D.  That was a HUGE mistake and may have set the Wings back 5-10 years.  That kind of blue chipper on the blue line is going to come around once every 10 years or so, so if you have a legit shot at him by losing 20 straight, you gotta do what needs to be done.  I'm not sold on Jack Hughes being a major. Impact player at the NHL level yet, and there are guys in the top 10 that look a lot closer to NHL ready.  So I think your assessment might be pretty spot on for a draft year like this.

I'm always skeptical of smaller players by default, but he's currently putting up 2 PPG numbers this year. His numbers are better than Patrick Kane's were during his time with the USDP and he's on pace for better numbers than Auston Matthews as well. 

Jack Hughes (C) 53 36 67 103 1.943 16 2017-2019

Auston Matthews (C) 80 67 67 134 1.675 38 2013-2015

All signs point to him being an impact player in today's NHL, he just has the skill set that we see all these young players coming in be successful with, but at a higher level. I'm not sure what he can do to make folks not doubt him, but IMO he's doing it all right now.