• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

2019 Off-Season

Rate this topic

Which Would You Prefer This Off-Season?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To be honest, I don't even really need Hughes.  I'll take Dylan Cozens and the best defender available for the 1st rounder we'll get for Nyquist over any of the other options above. 

Edit:  Or Kirby Dach.  I might like him better than Cozens.  But if we draft in the top 4 we're looking really good here.

Edited by kipwinger

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Since option 1 and 3 are going to happen anyway, the only question is, will this team keep this up or drop back into serious Jack Hughes contention.

You're breaking the rules, man. CRL specifically said that whichever one u pick, the other 2 WON'T happen.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

12 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You're breaking the rules, man. CRL specifically said that whichever one u pick, the other 2 WON'T happen.

Just saying, those two are happening regardless, but I'll go with Stevie Y because he'll get us the players we need, Jack Hughes or not.

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Just saying, those two are happening regardless, but I'll go with Stevie Y because he'll get us the players we need, Jack Hughes or not.

If you have it in your head that we are 100% signing karlsson or Panarin, you are likely setting yourself up to be pissed.

12 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

LOL 

Because.........

Image result for because magic gif

3 minutes ago, kliq said:

If you have it in your head that we are 100% signing karlsson or Panarin, you are likely setting yourself up to be pissed.

download (1).jpg

Panarin? Who said anything about him?

besides I like to be confident until it happens or doesn't. Must remain positive!

In order:

1. Yzerman

2. Karlsson

3. Hughes

Outside of wining the lottery, if #1 happens, then #2 is almost certain. Well, in my view of the future! :lol:

I chose Hughes last because I believe that we are getting a gem in the top 10 anyhow. Not Hughes quality, but if we don't score the #1, we are still sitting pretty.

38 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

besides I like to be confident until it happens or doesn't. Must remain positive!

In order:

1. Yzerman

2. Karlsson

3. Hughes

Outside of wining the lottery, if #1 happens, then #2 is almost certain. Well, in my view of the future! :lol:

I chose Hughes last because I believe that we are getting a gem in the top 10 anyhow. Not Hughes quality, but if we don't score the #1, we are still sitting pretty.

OK. But what if Karlsson or Yzerman means no 1st round stud? That's the point of this. Choose one. No way I choose a UFA or Y over a franchise player.

I also picked Yzerman, but in my version we still win the lottery.

Then when he goes up to make the pick, he smiles and says, "We have a trade. The Detroit Red Wings trade Dylan Larkin, Dennis Cholowski, and the #1 pick to the Tampa Bay Lightning for Ryan Callahan!" Then he rips open his shirt to show his Lightning jersey. The face-turn was a setup the whole time! Hall and Nash come out from behind the curtain, cracking up. One of them spray paints a lightning bolt over the winged wheel. The crowd is stunned.

Then the lights go out...silence for a moment, Seek and Destroy starts playing and the crowd erupts! Spotlight shines up into the rafters, and there's Holland, face painted, howling. Ziplines down to the stage, Hall, Nash, and Yzerman all freaking out. Holland has his hockey stick cocked back, ready to take them all out...then spins around and drops Bettman instead! Double-swerve! He rips open his shirt and he's also wearing a Lightning jersey. They all start attacking the other GMs, chasing them all off, then Tampa Bay drafts everyone for themselves. 

tBl for life!

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

In order:

1. Yzerman

2. Karlsson

3. Hughes

You said option 3 was going to happen, and option 3 was:
"Big UFA signing (Karlsson/Panarin)".

1 hour ago, kliq said:

You said option 3 was going to happen, and option 3 was:
"Big UFA signing (Karlsson/Panarin)".

Oh, LOL! I missed the Panarin part. Was that always there? I could have swore that it was just Karlsson to begin with. In that case, no 3 id not going to happen. We don't need to waste money on Panarin.  I feel we are going to get Karlsson though, but I will still stick with Yzerman over the others. Just to play along.  Imagine our joy if ALL THREE happened? (minus Panarin that is)

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

In order:

1. Yzerman

2. Karlsson

3. Hughes

Man... you're gonna turn on Yzerman quick

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

In order:

1. Yzerman

2. Karlsson

3. Hughes

I find this to be true when I first wake up in the morning.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

8 hours ago, Buppy said:

Then when he goes up to make the pick, he smiles and says, "We have a trade. The Detroit Red Wings trade Dylan Larkin, Dennis Cholowski, and the #1 pick to the Tampa Bay Lightning for Ryan Callahan!" Then he rips open his shirt to show his Lightning jersey. The face-turn was a setup the whole time! Hall and Nash come out from behind the curtain, cracking up. One of them spray paints a lightning bolt over the winged wheel. The crowd is stunned.

Then the lights go out...silence for a moment, Seek and Destroy starts playing and the crowd erupts! Spotlight shines up into the rafters, and there's Holland, face painted, howling. Ziplines down to the stage, Hall, Nash, and Yzerman all freaking out. Holland has his hockey stick cocked back, ready to take them all out...then spins around and drops Bettman instead! Double-swerve! He rips open his shirt and he's also wearing a Lightning jersey. They all start attacking the other GMs, chasing them all off, then Tampa Bay drafts everyone for themselves. 

tBl for life!

Ur a maniac, if I was president u'd be lined up and shot

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ur a maniac, if I was president u'd be lined up and shot

Makes no sense. How would I be "lined up" when I'm only one person? Use your head. I'd be more of a dot than a line; at least when viewed from an overhead angle. Also: Rude.

And after I voted for you in the last election, too. Granted it was for a spot on the Oakland County Community College board of trustees, who, I know for a fact, do not get firing squad privileges, and you came in last, and CristopherReevesLegs is probably not even your real name, but still.

17 hours ago, Buppy said:

tBl for life!

This was almost a cool post. "Search and Destroy" would have been the *d'uh* appropriate selection and would put you over the top. Alas! Seems like yo know more about wrasslin' then music. 

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

This was almost a cool post. "Search and Destroy" would have been the *d'uh* appropriate selection and would put you over the top. Alas! Seems like yo know more about wrasslin' then music. 

I feel like the appropriate response to this would be a video montage of Dustin Hoffman saying "Wrong" over and over again. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell no such thing exists, so now I'm disappointed in the world. Thanks a lot.

On 11/15/2018 at 1:11 AM, Buppy said:

Makes no sense. How would I be "lined up" when I'm only one person? Use your head. I'd be more of a dot than a line; at least when viewed from an overhead angle. Also: Rude.

And after I voted for you in the last election, too. Granted it was for a spot on the Oakland County Community College board of trustees, who, I know for a fact, do not get firing squad privileges, and you came in last, and CristopherReevesLegs is probably not even your real name, but still.

If I become president a lot of people are getting shot