• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HoweFan

Helm and Rasmussen

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, HoweFan said:

Has anyone heard anything on their injuries. I saw a picture of Helm going off the ice and it didn't look good.  I read on the game blog that Ras may also have got hurt.

The freep is reporting that Helm will be out for "some time"

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/11/17/detroit-red-wings-lose-darren-helm-upper-body-injury/2038881002/

Ive read nothing about Ras which tell me hes likely fine.

3 hours ago, kliq said:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/11/17/detroit-red-wings-lose-darren-helm-upper-body-injury/2038881002/

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was "shaken up" mid way through the game, before his goal. I'm sure he's fine.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Megan can suck it.  Bring up Zadina.

No. He's not ready.

4 hours ago, kliq said:

LOL. "upper body injury". You mean Chronic Stonus Manos?

6 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Because Blashill said so?  Blahhhh

No. Because I don't think he's ready. I've watched half a dozen Griffins games this year, and from what I've seen, he needs more time in the minors to work on some things. Hopefully he goes to the WJC and dominates there (again), gets back and starts taking over games in GR. Then maybe if he proves he's ready, he gets a call-up to Detroit around the deadline. What's the rush?

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

No. Because I don't think he's ready. I've watched half a dozen Griffins games this year, and from what I've seen, he needs more time in the minors to work on some things. Hopefully he goes to the WJC and dominates there (again), gets back and starts taking over games in GR. Then maybe if he proves he's ready, he gets a call-up to Detroit around the deadline. What's the rush?

I want to see our picks.  Not our depth signings.

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I want to see our picks.  Not our depth signings.

Even if it may not be the best thing for their development? He's 18 years old. There's no rush. Have some patience. Zadina and Veleno will be on this team full time next season.

18 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Even if it may not be the best thing for their development? He's 18 years old. There's no rush. Have some patience. Zadina and Veleno will be on this team full time next season.

LOL. Maybe Veleno needs to spend some time in the AHL to also work on some things? What makes him so special that he can make the jump? 

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

LOL. Maybe Veleno needs to spend some time in the AHL to also work on some things? What makes him so special that he can make the jump? 

Zadina and Veleno are the same age. It's not like I'm saying Veleno would be ready before Zadina... Veleno looked more ready than Zadina in this year's training camp / pre-season. He'll also likely be as NHL-ready as Rasmussen was this season. Why would you think he's further behind in his development? Just because he was picked 30th overall and not in the top 10?

Maybe Veleno will need some time in GR. I didn't say he'd make the jump out of camp (although I think he will), but I definitely think he'll make the Red Wings at some point in the 2019-20 season.

There's also a huge difference between a two-way forward that is already reliable in all three zones, and a scoring forward that needs work away from the puck.

I think they'll both be NHL-ready by this time next season.

47 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I will say though, as highly touted as Zadina was/is, I'm pretty surprised that he is taking so long to establish his dominance down on GR.  Today, I'm a bit disappointed.  Fan shock that he didn't make the Wings team after camp is proving to be unfounded.  He couldn't play on this team right now without looking highly exposed.  Still very, very hopeful.  Just thought we'd see some dominance fairly quickly after the hype he was given.

14 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

I will say though, as highly touted as Zadina was/is, I'm pretty surprised that he is taking so long to establish his dominance down on GR.  Today, I'm a bit disappointed.  Fan shock that he didn't make the Wings team after camp is proving to be unfounded.  He couldn't play on this team right now without looking highly exposed.  Still very, very hopeful.  Just thought we'd see some dominance fairly quickly after the hype he was given.

Yeah, it's definitely disappointing. I'd seen him play several times and my impression was he was NHL-ready. I'm not worried, though.

47 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Great skater, good size, good two-way game, showed well in training camp.

Edited by Dabura

8 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

I hear ya. I'm hoping he'll start to pick it up a bit here soon. Maybe after gaining some confidence at the WJC. It's very difficult for any 18 year old to make an impact right away in the pros, coming from junior. I'm not worried though. I still think he'll be a very good player for the Red Wings in the near future.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Yeah, it's definitely disappointing. I'd seen him play several times and my impression was he was NHL-ready. I'm not worried, though.

Great skater, good size, good two-way game, showed well in training camp.

You're impression has been that he is NHL-ready?

I haven't seen that at all from the few games I've seen... He's shown flashes, but overall I've been pretty underwhelmed after each game I've seen...

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You're impression has been that he is NHL-ready?

I haven't seen that at all from the few games I've seen... He's shown flashes, but overall I've been pretty underwhelmed after each game I've seen...

Sorry, should've been clearer -- I'm talking pre-draft.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Zadina and Veleno are the same age. It's not like I'm saying Veleno would be ready before Zadina... Veleno looked more ready than Zadina in this year's training camp / pre-season. He'll also likely be as NHL-ready as Rasmussen was this season. Why would you think he's further behind in his development? Just because he was picked 30th overall and not in the top 10?

Maybe Veleno will need some time in GR. I didn't say he'd make the jump out of camp (although I think he will), but I definitely think he'll make the Red Wings at some point in the 2019-20 season.

There's also a huge difference between a two-way forward that is already reliable in all three zones, and a scoring forward that needs work away from the puck.

I think they'll both be NHL-ready by this time next season.

I sort of expected Veleno to dominate the Q a bit more than he has. He's currently 18th in scoring at 1.35 ppg. 

And you're right. They are the same age. Zadina is 2nd on the Griffins in goals scored. Playing as an 18 year old, against men in a league that's hard to score in on a team that has trouble generating offense most nights. With electrifying centers such as Holmstrom, Ehn, Turgeon, and Camper. Veleno's playing against little french boys who can barely do Movember. So, I don't know why anyone can currently be disappointed in Zadina and so high in Veleno in the same breath. But whatevs. I'm sure they'll both be more than fine. 

On another note: McIssac's a ppg player right now in Halifax. 15th in defensive scoring despite missing a considerable amount of games. Kid's a gem. 

37 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I sort of expected Veleno to dominate the Q a bit more than he has. He's currently 18th in scoring at 1.35 ppg. 

And you're right. They are the same age. Zadina is 2nd on the Griffins in goals scored. Playing as an 18 year old, against men in a league that's hard to score in on a team that has trouble generating offense most nights. With electrifying centers such as Holmstrom, Ehn, Turgeon, and Camper. Veleno's playing against little french boys who can barely do Movember. So, I don't know why anyone can currently be disappointed in Zadina and so high in Veleno in the same breath. But whatevs. I'm sure they'll both be more than fine. 

On another note: McIssac's a ppg player right now in Halifax. 15th in defensive scoring despite missing a considerable amount of games. Kid's a gem. 

McIssac is better than both Zadina and Veleno.

Zadina = Hudler

Veleno = IDK yet, I don't watch french boi league

46 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

He's currently 18th overall, but 11th in points per game, which is the stat you used. I agree though, I did expect him to dominate more than he has. He's still been better thus far than Rasmussen was at this point last season (not a knock on Ras, just sayin'). Rasmussen made the team out of camp this season, and I don't see any reason why Veleno can't take a similar path next season.

Why are you using league stats for Veleno and team stats for Zadina? Veleno is number one on Drummondville in goals, assists, points, shots per game, etc. I said it a few weeks ago, and I'll say it again. I fully expect Veleno to be top 3-5 in most meaningful categories by the end of the season.

I'm not disappoint with Zadina. But for those that are, I think it's more so relative to where he was drafted. I didn't expect him to dominate right away. I agree, both will be more than fine.

McIsaac is looking really good. I think he has top 4 potential.

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Ah. For real? Or like when Leftwinger says>>>>>>>:lol:

Furreal. Heard the praise directly from the man himself, and not his trainers dad's twice removed cousins dog or whatever.

To be fair my mate is the Western Canada scout for the Isles, so he wouldn't have been the one actively watching McIsaac all the time, but I heard McIssac's name first come out of his mouth around June 2017, and then again around Jan/Feb of 2018 when I asked him his thoughts on the draft. Seemed to me that the Isles were targeting the kid. I was happy and chuckled a bit when we drafted him instead.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Furreal. Heard the praise directly from the man himself, and not his trainers dad's twice removed cousins dog or whatever.

To be fair my mate is the Western Canada scout for the Isles, so he wouldn't have been the one actively watching McIsaac all the time, but I heard McIssac's name first come out of his mouth around June 2017, and then again around Jan/Feb of 2018 when I asked him his thoughts on the draft. Seemed to me that the Isles were targeting the kid. I was happy and chuckled a bit when we drafted him instead.

Western scout eh. Wonder what his thoughts on Rasmussen and Cholowski were.