• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HoweFan

Helm and Rasmussen

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Western scout eh. Wonder what his thoughts on Rasmussen and Cholowski were.

I honestly haven't asked him. He's pretty close to the vest with most of his info (WHL stuff), and I only see him once a year on an annual fishing trip.

He did recommend I draft some kid named Barzal in my fantasy league last year... boy that paid off

Haha. But I will remind you that that same source was right about the Smith and Kindl trades a bit before they happened. But I admit it again, it's just talk, and I said so in the rumor thread. The one thing that is guaranteed true is my buddy Dan does play pickup hockey with Russ Baumman' s dad. I think it's pretty cool when I hear rumors and talk from him. Whether or not they happen doesn't matter. It's cool and makes for good hockey talk. And on the occasions things he says do happen, then it makes it super cool. But I'll take the butt of your jokes, after things I've been through, I enjoy your jokes and jabs. Life is too short to take anything like this to heart and get all offended and mad. I love you guys!

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Haha. But I will remind you that that same source was right about the Smith and Kindl trades a bit before they happened. But I admit it again, it's just talk, and I said so in the rumor thread. The one thing that is guaranteed true is my buddy Dan does play pickup hockey with Russ Baumman' s dad. I think it's pretty cool when I hear rumors and talk from him. Whether or not they happen doesn't matter. It's cool and makes for good hockey talk. And on the occasions things he says do happen, then it makes it super cool. But I'll take the butt of your jokes, after things I've been through, I enjoy your jokes and jabs. Life is too short to take anything like this to heart and get all offended and mad. I love you guys!

We all love ya, Lefty. It's all good. :drunk:

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

In the end we are all Wings fan.  We all bleed red and white.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

If you ever stop posting on this website for more than I month, I'll purposely get myself banned.

21 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If you ever stop posting on this website for more than I month, I'll purposely get myself banned.

Not necessary.  As mod prospect, I can handle your banning.  They gave me that assignment at temple.

Edited by Jonas Mahonas

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Not necessary.  As mod prospect, I can handle your banning.  They gave me that assignment at temple.

Not sure if you will have the ability to ban me once I go full mod. But assuming Lefty is in good health and still likes posting here, you will prolly also be full mod by the time he decides to quit and then you can ban me.

35 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Not sure if you will have the ability to ban me once I go full mod. But assuming Lefty is in good health and still likes posting here, you will prolly also be full mod by the time he decides to quit and then you can ban me.

Jonas a mod......*gulp*

18 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Who's gettin called up? Guesses?

No one. Blashill said they won't call anyone up, because Vanek should be ready to go on Wednesday (or Friday at the latest), and we have enough healthy bodies without a call-up. That being said, the next call-up would probably be Terry or Puempel...

14 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm going to make you site czar as my first act of moderation.

On 11/19/2018 at 12:00 PM, Dabura said:

Yeah, it's definitely disappointing. I'd seen him play several times and my impression was he was NHL-ready. I'm not worried, though.

Great skater, good size, good two-way game, showed well in training camp.

Guys having seen Zadina in his CHL days, I'm not sold on the guy at all.  I think he dropped in the draft for real reasons.  He may find the defensive side of the puck and if not he'll be a 1 dimensional NHL player or be back in Europe.

Comparable: Daniel Sprong

6 minutes ago, mackel said:

Guys having seen Zadina in his CHL days, I'm not sold on the guy at all.  I think he dropped in the draft for real reasons.  He may find the defensive side of the puck and if not he'll be a 1 dimensional NHL player or be back in Europe.

lazy and sucks etc.

16 minutes ago, mackel said:

A player I've been advocating trading for... Cool.

5 hours ago, mackel said:

I'm kinda with you to be perfectly honest. Kid rode a hot streak into the draft. His peers in the top 5 of his draft class are massively outperforming him besides Barret Hayton (lmao)

Zadina's foot speed is not great. His decision making in the cycle is questionable. And his defense is nothing to be admired. However his ability to beat defenders with his stick skills and beat goalies with his shot are very good. He needs to adapt and learn to do those things at a new speed. The pro speed. Improving his foot work and adding weight would be huge for him. And he's only 18 or whatever so he should be able to accomplish this.

My primary concern is the decision making. His ability/instincts to beat you one on one are superb, but his ability to see the ice and anticipate creative plays leaves me wanting. And this is a team sport. He needs to improve that, which i think is harder to improve than the aforementioned skills. Maybe when he learns our systems better this will improve (I hope).

My biggest fear is that he is a trigger-man only (one-dimensional) and will not be able to drive play on his own.

Right now, for me, he his Hudler+

If he can be a bigger stronger Hudler who does not fear the dirty areas or have off ice issues, we got a good player on our hands. I think he maxes out at Hossa and bottoms out at Hudler during his Detroit tenure. Obviously Hudler during Detroit tenure would be a slight disappointment based on his draft position, but still a valuable player.

18 is young, lets see how he goes. Cholowski also struggled after being drafted.