• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

18 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Graeme Clarke please...

Haha ya I noticed him , haven’t checked up on more info on him yet but I will and definetly would take a chance if we can add more picks , especially top 60 ... Ryder Donovan was on the list as well #’s 5-6&7 and have my attention , I really hope we start shipping some dead weight soon 

ha bob McKenzie has Clarke at 61 and Donovan 63 I guess you win :) 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Not a clue, he isn't even (((Big)))

Krsmith likes him

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/286955/graeme-clarke

He’s still only turning 18 in April so time to develop , he’s got upside 

#61 on bob McKenzie’s rankings , if we can land more 2nd and 3rds id take a chance , I’m all about going for homerun type picks than the sure 6’6 guy who will play and be a bottom line guy , same with dmen 

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Wait, why do we like Graeme Clarke again?  Never even heard of this kid.

He'd be a 2nd or 3rd round pick, but could be a steal there. He's a good skater, has great hands, and he's been an elite goal scorer at every level. Could be a solid middle six scoring winger.

32 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

He'd be a 2nd or 3rd round pick, but could be a steal there. He's a good skater, has great hands, and he's been an elite goal scorer at every level. Could be a solid middle six scoring winger.

I'm genuinely not talking s*** here, because again, I've never even heard of this kid, but his OHL numbers don't look "elite" to me.  He's got 17 goals on the season.  14 all of last year.  Tell me more about this guy.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

I'm genuinely not talking s*** here, because again, I've never even heard of this kid, but his OHL numbers don't look "elite" to me.  He's got 17 goals on the season.  14 all of last year.  Tell me more about this guy.

I said he's been an elite goal scorer, not that he's elite. If he were elite in other areas of his game, he would be a 1st round pick, and I would say he could be more than a middle six winger. He likely won't be either. He's only 17 years old. He was drafted 6th overall in the OHL Priority Draft. He's the type of player I'd like to see us use a late 2nd or 3rd round pick on.

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Pure sniper. Excellent shot. One-dimensional. Hard-working. Decent offensive instincts. Average skating. Lacks explosive skating.

Projection:  3rd line complimentary winger, similar to Martin Frk. Probably tops a 3rd round pick, more likely a 4th.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Pure sniper. Excellent shot. One-dimensional. Hard-working. Decent offensive instincts. Average skating. Lacks explosive skating.

Projection:  3rd line complimentary winger, similar to Martin Frk. Probably tops a 3rd round pick, more likely a 4th.

Pass then.

41 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

So I haven't read most of this thread, however, is Tag Bertuzzi still ranked at 15 or you do any of suppose that we'd try and draft him if we could?

He's not exactly his cousin or his father... he's never breached 15 pts in the CHL

Last I checked he was expected to be like a 3rd or 4th rounder

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

After using the tankathon about 20 times, the team's that won the lottery the majority of the time were New Jersey and Vancouver. Detroit only once. It makes me feel that if we aren't going to win #1, I'd rather finish between 5-10 and possibly move up  bit than finish 1-2 and get dumped on by the balls, which will probably happen. There's no way the NHL allows Detroit to get Jack Hughes. Not while Bettman is in charge.

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

After using the tankathon about 20 times, the team's that won the lottery the majority of the time were New Jersey and Vancouver. Detroit only once. It makes me feel that if we aren't going to win #1, I'd rather finish between 5-10 and possibly move up  bit than finish 1-2 and get dumped on by the balls, which will probably happen. There's no way the NHL allows Detroit to get Jack Hughes. Not while Bettman is in charge.

wha?