• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

49 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

After using the tankathon about 20 times, the team's that won the lottery the majority of the time were New Jersey and Vancouver. Detroit only once. It makes me feel that if we aren't going to win #1, I'd rather finish between 5-10 and possibly move up  bit than finish 1-2 and get dumped on by the balls, which will probably happen. There's no way the NHL allows Detroit to get Jack Hughes. Not while Bettman is in charge.

Don't agree with finishing farther down the stack. 

finish as 2nd worst ...worst draft pick possible is 5

finish 5th worst ...worst draft pick possible  is 8

While both are top 10 I prefer to get as many odds on my side to get #1.  Finish as low as possible (2nd) assuming we can't beat Ottawa at their tank game. and I get a top 5 pick minimum as my reward for my tankage. 

Although I am steeling myself for the nut kick on draft pick day

Just tried it 20 times doing a reset each time and we got #1 4 times!! 

20 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

After using the tankathon about 20 times, the team's that won the lottery the majority of the time were New Jersey and Vancouver. Detroit only once. It makes me feel that if we aren't going to win #1, I'd rather finish between 5-10 and possibly move up  bit than finish 1-2 and get dumped on by the balls, which will probably happen. There's no way the NHL allows Detroit to get Jack Hughes. Not while Bettman is in charge.

First try...

AAD5BB6A-5DA4-4C8C-9A3D-C2BCBEB58390.jpeg

That simulator is stupid. The first four times I did it, Vancouver won twice and Minny gained 10 spots and Florida jumped 11 spots before Vancouver won again,  then Detroit. The top two didn't get a sniff. 

That being said,  i still believe it will take a miracle for us to win it.

29 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

That simulator is stupid. The first four times I did it, Vancouver won twice and Minny gained 10 spots and Florida jumped 11 spots before Vancouver won again,  then Detroit. The top two didn't get a sniff. 

That being said,  i still believe it will take a miracle for us to win it.

LOL It's not like the real lottery will be any different/less stupid It's just stats no? 

31 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

i still believe it will take a miracle for us to win it.

It's just stats no? 

11 hours ago, Datsyukian-Deke said:

Assuming Hughes and Kakko go 1-2 and we finish in the 3-5 range, who do you guys like there?

In the 3-5 range I like Zegras/Dach/Cozens in that order.  Then Newhook/Krebs if we draft later than 5th. 

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

We NEED Kakko.

BAD

Nah man, Zegras is where it's at.  Dude's gonna be awesome.  I think he's got the most offense out of the top guys (except Hughes).  He's been buried behind Hughes and Turcotte and still is putting up really good points for the USNTDP.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Nah man, Zegras is where it's at.  Dude's gonna be awesome.  I think he's got the most offense out of the top guys (except Hughes).  He's been buried behind Hughes and Turcotte and still is putting up really good points for the USNTDP.

If he's been buried behind Hughes and Turcotte, why do you have Zagras ranked 3rd and Turcotte outside of your top 7? Something about Turcotte's game you don't like? 

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

If he's been buried behind Hughes and Turcotte, why do you have Zagras ranked 3rd and Turcotte outside of your top 7? Something about Turcotte's game you don't like? 

It's not that I don't like Turcotte, it's that I like Zegras a lot.  Turcotte is a two-way guy that coaches love, and I presume he gets a lot of minutes as a result.  With Larkin and Veleno already in the fold I don't want another two way guy. His coach has already called Zegras a "one and half way player", insinuating he doesn't play a two-way game yet, and looks primarily for offense.  That's what I want.  I'd prefer the high end offensive guy, let him develop his defensive game along the way.  Zegras is putting up REALLY good offensive numbers on a team with Hughes. On any other team he'd likely be the top line center and score even more than he already does.  As a matter of fact, with Hughes out of the lineup during the WJC and with Turcotte injured Zegras was promoted to the top line center position and scored like a madman. At one point he had the same PPG as Hughes did until Jack returned and got the lion's share of the offense back. 

I'd probably rank Turcotte right after Krebs in my list above, though I view the two of them as being largely interchangeable. 

Edited by kipwinger