• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

If we should be mad at anyone, it's the Sens and Kings. The Sens, because they're just a disaster. The Kings, because they have Doughty and Kopitar and Quick and therefore have no business being where they are.

Edited by Dabura

11 minutes ago, Dabura said:

If we should be mad at anyone, it's the Sens and Kings. The Sens, because they're just a disaster. The Kings, because they have Doughty and Kopitar and Quick and therefore have no business being where they are.

Like I've said numerous times. Should be a radius clause. If you've won a cup or drafted 1st overall in the last five years, no #1 for you. With regards to Ottawa, I also hate rewarding dog-s*** ownership with top picks as well. I say ownership and exclude management because Doiron has done his best to work around the psychosis of that disease-ridden wort troll of an owner. 

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Sure, if that's how it plays out. I'm certainly not going to blame the general manager, coach or team... Fortunately for us, we will be drafting ahead of 6th. ;)

I'm not blaming anyone. 

Except you f***ers for getting all jacked up in the GDTs for these wins. Eyes on the prize bois!!

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

And then the sens again because of that colorado trade.... 

1 hour ago, TLGTrico said:

Just saw Chabot on the injured list on capfriendly. The hockey gods really don't like us do they?

Yup, he's been out for about a week now. I believe they won the first two games without him, weirdly enough.

29 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Yeah we got positives vibes for Hughes Dabs, ignore the NNN negative nancy  Neo

23 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Hey, I was excited about Zadina despite picking 6th. If we got Hughes, I would be elated. But let's be real here. The odds, at best, are only 18% that it happens. Just sayin.

"Hope for the best, anticipate the worst. Also, f*** the Sens." - Mark Twain

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Hey, I was excited about Zadina despite picking 6th. If we got Hughes, I would be elated. But let's be real here. The odds, at best, are only 18% that it happens. Just sayin.

18% is still higher than any chance we’ve had in 20 something years. Hence the positivity/hope. And realistically we have the best chance out of 29 other teams so, realism too.

Optimism check

Realism check

Pessimism f*** off. 

Edited by kickazz

7 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

I'm not even all in on Hughes.  I just want the best draft pick possible, and 3 wins in 4 games doesn't help that.

3 wins in 4 games doesn't help our lottery odds, but it could be just what we need to land that number one overall pick. You just don't know how the balls will fall...

Imagine the last day of the season (April 6th), we're tied for 30th place with the Kings. We're playing Buffalo and L.A. are playing Vegas later that night. Every Wings fan wants so badly to lose that game, to better our lottery odds. We lose. We all stay up late to watch the L.A. game hoping they get at least one point. They lose in OT and get that point. We finish 30th overall. Three days later, we're all super amped about the draft lottery, because we have the 2nd best odds (13.5%), and the lowest we can fall is 5th. We end up dropping to 5th and L.A. win the lottery and the number one overall pick...

I don't know about you, but I'd feel pretty damn foolish rooting for that loss on the last game of the season. Not that fans cheering for or against their team has any real bearing on the outcome of the game, but still... That's why I will always root for wins, but am not as upset when we lose. I don't know, that's been my mentality the last two seasons anyway...