• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

38 minutes ago, xault said:

I mainly hope we don't get screwed in the lottery and lose position, from where ever we finish. 

The more I hear about Kaapo Kakko the more I as well hope we land the 2nd overall pick. If we get lucky with the 1st overall, I am good with Hughes obviously, but I would be fairly happy with Kakko as well. I honestly don't know which is better. Outside of them two if we don't land the 1st or 2nd pick, I like what I hear about Podkolzin.

I don't know if it was in this thread, but I know someone around here said they think the Wings should start drafting at least 1 goalie every year. I hope they do as well, I don't really care who. Just start stock stockpiling and hope for one to turn out. Spend a 3rd or 4th rounder on the best goalie available for the next 3 seasons and pry I say.

I will go out on a limb and say I actually really like our goalie depth, they're all just really young.

Most of them are doing really well in their respective farms and one is bound to play out.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I will go out on a limb and say I actually really like our goalie depth, they're all just really young.

Most of them are doing really well in their respective farms and one is bound to play out.

I agree. I think one of Larsson, Eliasson or Petruzzelli will develop into our number one goalie of the future. I suppose it would still be okay using a later round pick on a goaltender, but it wouldn't be a priority for me.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree. I think one of Larsson, Eliasson or Petruzzelli will develop into our number one goalie of the future. I suppose it would still be okay using a later round pick on a goaltender, but it wouldn't be a priority for me.

Agreed , think we should stay away from drafting a goalie unless someone’s around in rounds 5-7 that we like and think might have potential, I’d also include van pottelberghe with the 3 goalies mentioned, still only 21 and has upside so I’d be disappointed if we let him go although I do have really high hopes for the 2 Swedes 

Im really hoping the wings draft fagemo with the second rounder , man he looks good and a right shot , just have a bad feeling he might get picked earlier than expected so I’d just jump on him asap , hopefully islanders and sharks get outed first rounds so we draft 45-50

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

That promotes alcohol consumption. There are children on this board. Do you want children drinking high end Tennessee? f*** you

I was actually referencing Gentleman Jack Gallagher the pro wrestler.  But now that I think about it,  if we can used Jack Hughes' star power to promote underage alcohol consumption I don't see why we shouldn't.   I mean,  the population needs the culling that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Im really hoping the wings draft fagemo with the second rounder , man he looks good and a right shot , just have a bad feeling he might get picked earlier than expected so I’d just jump on him asap , hopefully islanders and sharks get outed first rounds so we draft 45-50

Meh. If we're using one of our 2nd rounders on an overager, I'm hoping it's Brett Leason. Justin Bergeron would be another interesting option as an overager to take with a mid-round pick.

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Agreed , think we should stay away from drafting a goalie unless someone’s around in rounds 5-7 that we like and think might have potential, I’d also include van pottelberghe with the 3 goalies mentioned, still only 21 and has upside so I’d be disappointed if we let him go although I do have really high hopes for the 2 Swedes 

Whenever I see his name I hear in my head "***-mo"

Am I homophobic?

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

I was actually referencing Gentleman Jack Gallagher the pro wrestler.  But now that I think about it,  if we can used Jack Hughes' star power to promote underage alcohol consumption I don't see why we shouldn't.   I mean,  the population needs the culling that's for sure. 

Red Wings 2015: Lol we'll never miss the playoffs
Red Wings 2017: Tank this team into the ground
Red Wings 2019: Use early-age substance abuse based eugenics to cull the weak from the fanbase

It's a bit edgy, but it just might work

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If we dropped to 6 or 7 (we won't), I'd be thrilled to get Cozens.

Well, I hate to break it to you but there's a very good chance we finish 4th last. And a decent chance we catch Buffalo for 5th. Putting our odds of drafting in the 6 - 8 range greater than the odds of drafting 5th or higher. 

13 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Well, I hate to break it to you but there's a very good chance we finish 4th last. And a decent chance we catch Buffalo for 5th. Putting our odds of drafting in the 6 - 8 range greater than the odds of drafting 5th or higher. 

I understand all of that, but you're forgetting one crucial factor... We're going to win the draft lottery (top 3 pick)... 

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I understand all of that, but you're forgetting one crucial factor... We're going to win the draft lottery (top 3 pick)... 

You realize that this team doesn't get an extra lotto ball each time you promise this right? 

I am all for being positive, but I have to say that these wins are slapping fans in the face who have accepted the last 3 season of s*** with the hope of that #1 pick.  They are doing anything by winning now other than hurting the fans who put up with the loss after loss after loss. I am hoping for a #1 (#2 at least) as a reward for this season, and the last few. If they "climb" to #6 or #7 and end up picking 10th, then this whole season was for nothing. I am not ok with watching another season of this garbage in hopes (again) for a 1st overall. If they don't get a top 2 this June, they damn well better be a playoff team next season. I am tired of mediocrity, tired of watching garbage hoping for a franchise player. Time is up. Stop the winning this season, it's not needed, it isn't fun, it's not encouraging, it's giving the fans a huge middle finger. The majority don't want to see useless wins, they want the best chance at #1. Period.

35 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I am all for being positive, but I have to say that these wins are slapping fans in the face who have accepted the last 3 season of s*** with the hope of that #1 pick.  They are doing anything by winning now other than hurting the fans who put up with the loss after loss after loss. I am hoping for a #1 (#2 at least) as a reward for this season, and the last few. If they "climb" to #6 or #7 and end up picking 10th, then this whole season was for nothing. I am not ok with watching another season of this garbage in hopes (again) for a 1st overall. If they don't get a top 2 this June, they damn well better be a playoff team next season. I am tired of mediocrity, tired of watching garbage hoping for a franchise player. Time is up. Stop the winning this season, it's not needed, it isn't fun, it's not encouraging, it's giving the fans a huge middle finger. The majority don't want to see useless wins, they want the best chance at #1. Period.

I ask this again, what do you want them to do? Our team is s***, our lines are a shuffled mess of 3rd and 4th liners for the most part, we traded away one of our few good players and are giving AHLers spots in the lineup. 

I too want them to lose and get the best odds at a pick, but fortunately for us and the future of our team our young guys still want to win and some of them have the ability to do it sometimes, especially if the other team doesn't really show up to play. To be angry about it as if management/players are somehow spitting in the face of fans is completely nonsensical. 

1 hour ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I ask this again, what do you want them to do? Our team is s***, our lines are a shuffled mess of 3rd and 4th liners for the most part, we traded away one of our few good players and are giving AHLers spots in the lineup. 

I too want them to lose and get the best odds at a pick, but fortunately for us and the future of our team our young guys still want to win and some of them have the ability to do it sometimes, especially if the other team doesn't really show up to play. To be angry about it as if management/players are somehow spitting in the face of fans is completely nonsensical. 

Scratch Hirose, obviously...

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Wow.  I have seen you spew a lot of nonsense before but this post might be the worst yet.

I disagree with this entirely.  You always try to win and do your best.  

With your logic the team might as well skate down into their own end and put the puck in their own net.

Just ridiculous.

8 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Meh. If we're using one of our 2nd rounders on an overager, I'm hoping it's Brett Leason. Justin Bergeron would be another interesting option as an overager to take with a mid-round pick.

I see leason being gone in the first , he could be an Intriguing pick 

Been seeing good things about fagemo , he’s done better than bokk who got drafted last year , pretty solid rookie season in the shl and just literally turned 19 so I’m not too worried about the overager stuff , time will tell but I think he’s got some good upside

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I couldn't disagree more. I paid a couple hundred bucks between tickets, parking, concessions, and souvenirs to see a game earlier this season, and I sure as h*** didn't go to the game to watch them lose.

It is good to hear people are fairly happy with our current prospect pool of goalies. I honestly wasn't sure how well off it was. My knowledge of such things isn't the best outside of the few name drops like Demko, Samsonov and so on.